Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unusual September chill possible?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Saturday night: A dry night with clear spells and light winds. Becoming cold with air temperatures zero to 7 degrees leading to a slight to sharp ground frost and some fog patches.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

cold-weather-emoticon.gif

AND IT BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

You thinking there hedging there bets,
    air temp 0-7 degrees, not much of a diffrence :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

What are the bets Dublin Airport reports some of the lowest (and most bizarre) overnight lows during this chill...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

9.8c here tonight i was expecting a much lower temp considering it only got upto 14.3c today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

it seems there is a september chill- just not here

http://82.147.32.214/WebCamera4/Default.aspx

Where is that mate? Looks a little like Coleraine?

Seriously, is that Europe somewhere?

Ive friends in North Finland, they were saying its very cold there at the moment temps well into the minus at night and about 3/4c during the day but no snow yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

snaps wrote: »

Ive friends in North Finland, they were saying its very cold there at the moment temps well into the minus at night and about 3/4c during the day but no snow yet!

Danish site

http://82.147.32.214/gala/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

My weather station shows .9C for 7.17AM !!!!

However, as my higher temps seem to be about 2.5C higher than most I've set my offset to -2.5C. Some posters say my machine is high in warm and may be overcompensating in the colder weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Coldest overnight was Casement at 1.4C

snaps wrote: »

Yes, winter is not far away up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Noticeably colder last night.

Would love to start lighting the fire but that would be admiting defeat at this early stage.

I also don't want to turn on the heat as I still have the solar panels heating my water and that would be just a waste. A blanket when watching telly did the trick.

I have my woodpile well stocked this year. A winter like last year would be great (honestly) but in saying that I think of people like Grace up in Donegal and the hardship they endured.

Roll on winter.......... but not just yet :cool:

• Advertisement

dfbemt wrote: »
    Noticeably colder last night.

Would love to start lighting the fire but that would be admiting defeat at this early stage.

I also don't want to turn on the heat as I still have the solar panels heating my water and that would be just a waste. A blanket when watching telly did the trick.

I have my woodpile well stocked this year. A winter like last year would be great (honestly) but in saying that I think of people like Grace up in Donegal and the hardship they endured.

Roll on winter.......... but not just yet :cool:

Grace is now living in Co. Kerry, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

dfbemt wrote: »

No, no. Any excuse is valid for lighting the fire.

We got in double glazing during the summer, so even if it's as cold as last year, we shouldn't end up spending so much on heating. Still thinking of getting in a ton of firewood, though, there's a fellow near here does so for what I remember as being a very reasonable rate.

There was the hint of a frost here this morning, and I confidently expect the first frost of the year here tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can't believe I'm going to do this but I fear the central heating will go on for a while this evening.

I'd kill for an open fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Had to get the de icer out this moring,

the car window was froze solid this moring,
    We aint had that in sep for a long long time,
    maybe things to come.
    ramp ramp ramp:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

mike65 wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm going to do this but I fear the central heating will go on for a while this evening.

I'd kill for an open fire.

mrs has had the heating on here the last 3 night's

Advertisement