Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Putting my palm up high sort of and seeing lucky trying to jump to headbutt it 🐱 then she was rolling on her back purring 😻😻

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Putting my palm up high sort of and seeing lucky trying to jump to headbutt it 🱠then she was rolling on her back purring 😻😻

Oh, she lurves you!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...or she's in season.... :/:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I sneezed out a tiny fluffy clump of orange chicken feather this morning. I've been sleeping under a 1930s eiderdown. Coincidentally my headache isn't as bad as it was, which was fairly bad. I feel a lot better without feathers in my sinuses.

Also TH clothesline drying in the sunshine.

At least you didn't buy it :pac:

https://www.thewhitecompany.com/row/Eiderdown-Duvet-/p/eiderdown-duvet

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Jees. You could buy a car for that.
    I wouldn't buy a modern one, for welfare reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th seeing a family of kids down the park trying to build a stepping stone bridge across the shallow waterways using rocks they got from the embankment, brought me back to when me and two of my brothers would do similar in castle Freke woods in a stream, except we would also try to build a damn with rocks so the water couldn't get through :D, happier times!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

The AH pet thread! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Had a hastily organised skype with four of my oldest friends last night because we were all feeling a bit low. After half an hour of virus chat someone said "enough", and we spent the next two hours playing "stop the bus", the minister's cat, and other car games we used to play as children. It got very, very competitive and there was a lot of laughter (and a few scurrilous accusations). So TH for good friends and simple distractions

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Had a hastily organised skype with four of my oldest friends last night because we were all feeling a bit low. After half an hour of virus chat someone said "enough", and we spent the next two hours playing "stop the bus", the minister's cat, and other car games we used to play as children. It got very, very competitive and there was a lot of laughter (and a few scurrilous accusations). So TH for good friends and simple distractions

Check out forum games thread, some fun distractions there too (like Just One clue game going on presently) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Check out forum games thread, some fun distractions there too (like Just One clue game going on presently) :D

Ah, that's actually another TH - I entered my first game on Sunday, entered another three games between last night and today. I'm actually a bit TA I never ventured into the forum games sooner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Ah, that's actually another TH - I entered my first game on Sunday, entered another three games between last night and today. I'm actually a bit TA I never ventured into the forum games sooner!

It's a time warp. I can't find the exit there.

TH I can enjoy evenings this week.

TH about getting a lovely new stirfry recipe from the TA thread... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

There was 2020 active AH users there for a moment, how cool is that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I'm part of a fragrance buying group in the gentlemans club...and but a delivery of new fragrances this morning.
    I'm smelling all lovely today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

TH to be sitting under a tree and reading a book. The weather is glorious.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sitting in back garden with a cuppa, in glorious sunshine, and just forgetting about the real world for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Seeing Jimmi in Doctors cleared of false drugs charges, and Julia returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I've been working from home from the kitchen table for the last few weeks. Over the last few days my back has started to hurt from sitting on a chair which is grand, but not fit for the purpose of sitting on it for 8/9 hours a day

Just managed to swap it out for a decent office chair, and already it feels so good to have that extra back support

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My curly spider plant has had babies. They look so cute!

My curly spider plant has had babies. They look so cute!

The words 'spider' and 'cute' do not belong in the same sentence. But otherwise, congratulations to your plant.

• Advertisement

My sister was admitted to hospital 2 days ago with shortness if breath and fainting possible covid. Panic here as she was in this house giving me a night off from minding dad 10 days prior to becoming symtomatic. TH she tested negative for covid! Still in hospital but at least I no longer have the fear that my dad has been infected. Gonna play me some music to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭mikemac2

This time last year I was unemployed and I had a bit of meltdown in the TA thread.

One year later....I started a job in October and passed probation this week :) and while I didn't have to do an annual appraisal they gave me a bonus also which was unexpected. It wasn't big or anything but I didn't expect it.

Of course for all those unemployed recently I wish ye the best too :) I was there too, hope it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Hot toast and real butter....oh drooling God....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭Be right back

Watching and listening to the birds in the back garden...

Hour-long Doctors' episode on BBC 1 at 1:45 this afternoon, marking it's 20th anniversary

Brilliant episode, I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

branie2 wrote: »
    Brilliant episode, I have to say

It sure was :)

Sunshine makes me TH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bob Dylan's new opus. Best 17 mins you will spend today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I know the virus is terrible, but the cycle to work has been lovely this week! Very little traffic on the roads, obviously. Motorists complain about cyclists slowing them down, but I've broken a few speed records this week without those pesky cars! :D

Obviously, it'd be better if I wasn't in work at all, possibly interacting with covid-people, but that's probably for the Trivial annoyance thread, along with my self-isolation-envy. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

A very trivial happy but it made me smile

Met a past pupil in town this morning. Her uncle was over from Hungary and when she introduced me to him he bowed beautifully. Such a lovely way to greet someone. I felt like a queen for a minute and then …. I had to go and do the shopping!

Advertisement