Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboard wax and tune North Dublin?

• 04-01-2019 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

HI All

Im looking to get my snowboard waxed and tuned.Is there anywhere in North dublin that do it?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

This is the only place I know in Ireland that does it.

https://www.snowandrock.com/stores/dundrum.html

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rondog

Yea-i was thinking of there but its a bit out of my way.Unless theres somewhere closer i might have to bite the bullet and drive out.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭andyd12

rondog wrote: »
    Yea-i was thinking of there but its a bit out of my way.Unless theres somewhere closer i might have to bite the bullet and drive out.thanks
    You could get it done at your resort also, when you arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rondog

ILl have to do that.snow and rock are booked out for repairs until after January :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

rondog wrote: »

I'd wait if I was you, if you get it done locally they will do it to best match conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 HeyMister

Its also not difficult to do yourself, plenty of info on youtube and if you google it.
    I do my own boards every trip now, you'll get everything you need for the price of 1 full service in a resort.

Only goes to shop now if they need a base grind, and thats only if there is alot of wear and tear on the base. Maybe once every 3 or 4 years.
    I usually find somewhere in resort I can drop it off after a day in the snow and pick it up in the morning.

Learning to tune the edges yourself is great also, you learn how to tune and detune the edges to how you want it, where you want the edges to bite, and where you want them to be a bit friendlier.

Advertisement