Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Well after my totm last week (when I was up 2.5lbs :eek:), I made up for it this week and I was down 7lbs at my Wi last night! :D I can't believe it.
    It's two weeks work as I was well behaved both weeks.
    I got my silver 7 so I'm all smiles today.
    If I lose 4lbs more I'll have 2 stone off which would be incredible - I'd love to get there next week but don't want to get too excited.
    I might fall off the wagon this week.
    In any case, I've lost 10lbs in total since Christmas and I'm delighted with that. Good luck everyone with your WIs.

7 lbs my god brillant. But more importantly it just shows if you stick with it even if your up one week.

I love those silver sevens, they really keep you motivated.

Fingers crossed for you for next week but if it takes two weeks then it doesn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Well done Bubaloo :) Fair play to sticking to the programme through a tough week. Whoever said they were struggling to eat their 29 points I wish I had that problem. I'm constant starving despite eating all 29 points plus 2 or 3 pieces a day :( have my WI and If I don't gain weight it will be a miracle. I've hardly walked at all this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

rachel wrote: »
    I would consider dolly mix a worthy splurge item!
    Normally if I'm stressed I eat anything around me but one of my cats is sick and in the vets tonight and I'm so worried I've actually lost my appetite. This is one time when I'm not celebrating that, would rather have my cat well and be eating rings around myself. Hopefully I'll have some good news tomorrow and I'm sure my appetite will be back in force

Oh, Rachel, I know the feeling, let us know how your cat does.

Well after my totm last week (when I was up 2.5lbs :eek:), I made up for it this week and I was down 7lbs at my Wi last night! :D I can't believe it.
    If I lose 4lbs more I'll have 2 stone off which would be incredible - I'd love to get there next week but don't want to get too excited.
    In any case, I've lost 10lbs in total since Christmas and I'm delighted with that. Good luck everyone with your WIs.

WOW, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Thanks everyone for the kind words. No doubt I'll be on here soon having a whinge when I've had a bad week!
    Any tips/suggestions? Are u using all your daily and weekly points?

I ate my 31 points every day and the vast majority of my 49 weekly points. (I think I had 8 points left over this week). And those 41 weekly points were spread over a few splurges - not just one big splash out. I ate fruit at mid-morning and mid-afternoon instead of biccies/sweets. But I honestly tracked every bite of food that went into my mouth. I find that really helps. I only stopped tracking for one week since last October and that was the only week I didn't lose weight (apart from my totm last week). If I didn't track I'd be picking at bits of everything and i'd have no idea what I'd have eaten.
    I haven't done a single second of excercise - that's the next thing on my list. I must get up off my lazy arse one of these days! :p
    Good luck to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thanks everyone for the kind words. No doubt I'll be on here soon having a whinge when I've had a bad week!

I ate my 31 points every day and the vast majority of my 49 weekly points. (I think I had 8 points left over this week). And those 41 weekly points were spread over a few splurges - not just one big splash out. I ate fruit at mid-morning and mid-afternoon instead of biccies/sweets. But I honestly tracked every bite of food that went into my mouth. I find that really helps. I only stopped tracking for one week since last October and that was the only week I didn't lose weight (apart from my totm last week). If I didn't track I'd be picking at bits of everything and i'd have no idea what I'd have eaten.
    I haven't done a single second of excercise - that's the next thing on my list. I must get up off my lazy arse one of these days! :p
    Good luck to everyone.

Well done, bubbaloo. Your doing fantastic...hope you get yout 2st in the next week or two.

Tracking is where I fall off the wagon...I'll track for a day or two and then forget about it. I downloaded the iwatchr app and I do track a bit more often with that.
    I'm setting myself a new goal every week eg drink more water, walk further.
    This week's is to track, track, track!
    WI at lunch time and I'm bricking it!lol! I always get so nervous before WI no matter how good I've been.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Brilliant result! Well done!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Bernso wrote: »
    I always use frozen veg for soup as it makes for a really quick prep.

I use frozen cauliflower and broccoli with 2 veg stock pots and an onion and make a huge pot. I freeze two big portions and use the rest over the week! I deforst the portiosn then at the end of week/ beginning of following week before making another pot.
    It's 0 points soup although if now in fact stock cubes are to be pointed I'll knock 2pp off my weekly for this. Extremely thick, filling and tasty.
    You could add carrot for a more vegetable and less green coloured soup but I LOVE cauliflower and broccoli soup.:)

I tired your idea today & it owrked a treat :) I used a bag of Lidl frozen "brocolli mix" which is broc, cauli & carrots. Boiled with water & 2 tsp of marigold buillon. A good seasoning after blending is needed.
    But very cheap 0 ppt soup, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Hi, How did you register for the WW app without giving Credit card details.. Technology is beating me.. sorry... Doll

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    And knows anyone know if a medium 4ppt pitta is the larger oval ones or the round ones? 4ppts seem like alot for the round ones?

Dunnes own brand oval wholemeal pittas only work out as 3ppts each:)

I've been using them since the old system cos they worked out less then aswell.

much nicer than the ww ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Hi, How did you register for the WW app without giving Credit card details.. Technology is beating me.. sorry... Doll

You can't unless you have an online account with them.
    I e-mailed them about it when I downlaoded the app.

Just back from WI...was down 1lb. Only another 1.5 to loose and I'll be under 15st.
    Off to get some lunch now before I keel over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

I came across this recipe for lasagne havent tried it yet sounds lovely and not too many points for a homemade lasagne!

Lasagne is one of our all-time Italian favourites. Try this delicious version with its clever low fat cheese sauce.

Ingredients

1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    450 g Beef, Mince, Extra Lean, Cooked
    1 medium Onion, All Types, chopped
    175 g Mushrooms, sliced
    1 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, chopped
    800 g Tomatoes, Whole or Chopped, Canned, with garlic
    1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, beef dissolved in 100ml boiling water
    2 teaspoons (as purchased) Mixed Herbs, Dried
    1 pinch Salt
    1 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    110 g Lasagne Sheet, dried, no pre-cook
    150 g Cheese, Quark
    150 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat, with garlic and herbs
    1 medium Egg, Whole, beaten
    150 ml Milk, Skimmed

Instructions
    Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray. Place over a high heat and add the mince a handful at a time, so that it browns.
    Add the onion, mushrooms, carrot, tomatoes, stock and herbs. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Season to taste.
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 / 190°C / 375°F.
    Tip half the cooked meat into an oblong baking dish. Lay half the lasagne sheets on top.
    Beat together the Quark, low fat soft cheese and egg. Stir in the milk. Spread about one third of this mixture over the lasagne. Layer the rest of the meat and lasagne sheets on top, and spread over the remaining the cheese mixture. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until golden.
    Cook’s tip: Use Quorn mince and a vegetable stock cube for a vegetarian

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

hi guys, just joined today, did ww before and am a bit confused by all the new stuff,

what crisps are low in pp? and what chocolate is ok? are curly wurlys still?

and special k 30g with skimmed milk?

I only joined at lunch time and havent had a chance to work it out yet,

oh is diet coke still free? and coffee?

These sound great pp2 going to try them this week, should keep kids happy too!!
    Chocolate Chip Cookies

ProPoints® Value: 2
    Servings: 24
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 5 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Fancy doing a bit of baking? Then try these yummy chocolate chip cookies – they’re the perfect treat to go with a cuppa!

Ingredients

25 g Butter, softened
    2 tablespoons Oil, Corn
    100 g Sugar, Light Brown, or light muscovado
    1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract, or extract
    1 pinch Salt
    1 medium Egg, Whole, (small)
    100 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
    1/4 teaspoons Baking Powder (as purchased)
    75 g Chocolate, Plain, dark or milk chocolate

Instructions

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C, fan oven 170°C. Lightly spray two non-stick baking sheets with low fat cooking spray.
    Cream together the butter, oil and sugar until light in texture and paler in colour. Add the vanilla, salt and egg and beat well until creamy. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in with the chocolate chips, making sure they are evenly distributed.
    Drop 12 spoonfuls of the cookie mixture evenly over each baking sheet (24 cookies in total). Bake for 5-8 minutes until golden and spread out. Cool for 2 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
    Notes
    Serving size is 1 cookie per portion.

EveT wrote: »
    hi guys, just joined today, did ww before and am a bit confused by all the new stuff,

Hi and welcome. First few days are confusing, the best bit of advice I can give you is go back to start of jan on this tread and you will get loads of info,. Everybody here are so welcoming and you get lots of good advice. Arm yourself with a pen and note book and take down the points of everything you think you will eat.
    Curly wurly pp3
    skimmed milk 143ml pp1
    special k 30g pp3
    diet coke 0pp
    coffee without milk and sugar 0pp
    fresh and frozen fruit pp0.
    Best of luck it will take time to get used to but this tread def makes it easier!!

astra2000 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome. First few days are confusing, the best bit of advice I can give you is go back to start of jan on this tread and you will get loads of info,. Everybody here are so welcoming and you get lots of good advice. Arm yourself with a pen and note book and take down the points of everything you think you will eat.
    Curly wurly pp3
    skimmed milk 143ml pp1
    special k 30g pp3
    diet coke 0pp
    coffee without milk and sugar 0pp
    fresh and frozen fruit pp0.
    Best of luck it will take time to get used to but this tread def makes it easier!!

thanks a million for that, so my brekkie would be 4, if I had special k coffee and a piece of fruit, thats ok.
    what crisps are good?
    I will def go back and have a look from start of Jan, just need to try get enough info to get me through the first few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hi there.... Velvet Crunch are only 2 pro points, The Galaxy Bubbles is 5 pro points which is quite good value, Curly Wurly are 3 p/p. Special K 30g would be 3 p/p and the milk I would usually add a point.

Diet drinks are still free, but for full fat ones a can is 4 p/p!! coffee is free, obviously not including the milk and sugar if you take it!

I hope the above is all right, anyone feel free to correct me!

m'lady wrote: »
    Hi there.... Velvet Crunch are only 2 pro points, The Galaxy Bubbles is 5 pro points which is quite good value, Curly Wurly are 3 p/p. Special K 30g would be 3 p/p and the milk I would usually add a point.

Diet drinks are still free, but for full fat ones a can is 4 p/p!! coffee is free, obviously not including the milk and sugar if you take it!

I hope the above is all right, anyone feel free to correct me!

thanks a mill, does anyone know what the walkers baked are? will go back to start of thread later on when not in work.

how do people find it compared to the old program?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

This has prob been asked before so sorry but I couldn't find it

Does anyone know the pp of the new knorr mediterranean shake in the bag do you point the seasoning

Had first weigh in today and was down 3 pounds, am delighted as that seriously is the max I have ever lost in a week, the weight dribbles off me! so well chuffed with myself!

Just to let anyone that does not know this already, the packets of flavoured noodles that you can buy are 14 p/points, I could not believe it.

Also my leader told us today a normal slice of bread is 3 p/p, I have been pointing it as 2, and batch bread is roughly 5 p/p!

• Advertisement

Hi All,

I am down 1lb this week. This is very good news as I was really testing the points situation this week as I am on maintenance so trying to see how far I can push it, which you have to do really to get a grasp on it. I ate every one of the daily and weekly points and about half of my activity points this week (walked an hour every day). S the plan really does work.

Just on the lunch ideas. I think it's important to have at least 5 points for lunch but 6/7 works for me. I like a prawn or crab salad (1pp worth of prawns/crab wich is lots and free salad veg) on 2 slices of McCambridges is 6 pp, add some mayo / raggee raggee for an extra point. The little tubs of extra light philly cheese are lovely too for only a pt as is extra thin ham/chicken or a slice of turkey meat. If you want to just stick with 5 points a tomato and lettuce sambo on 2 slices of standard brown pan bread really feels you up.

Have to say I'm a carbs person, I need them and eating them doesn't seem to affect my weight loss though I know everyone differs.

This article is good -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1350202/Forget-dieting-Speeding-metabolism-key-slimness.html

thanks a million for that, so my brekkie would be 4, if I had special k coffee and a piece of fruit, thats ok.
    what crisps are good?
    I will def go back and have a look from start of Jan, just need to try get enough info to get me through the first few days!

Heres a few off the top of my head
    tayto lfc per multipk bag pp3
    skips " " pp2
    trebel crunch " " pp2

Bread white or brown per slice pp2
    chicken breast 165g pp4
    ham 30g pp1
    potatoes boiled 100g pp2
    tin tuna in brine 56g pp1
    pitta bread white 60g pp4
    salad pp0
    low fat mayo 15g pp1

I had the M&S new butternut squash and red pepper hummus for 6 points, was absolutely gorgeous

Layla0509 wrote: »
    This has prob been asked before so sorry but I couldn't find it

Does anyone know the pp of the new knorr mediterranean shake in the bag do you point the seasoning

I havent used it but someone posted it before at 3pp, must try it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Y'all convinced me to join up again from reading the posts so I went last night..as for the weigh in..shock of my life:eek: but feeling v motivated and think the thread is brilliant for motivating/encouraging us relative newbies!I was a member years ago but I ve pretty much to forget EVERYTHING about the old points and relearn new system. I buoght the guides last night and has anyone else found that the info the shoping guide is inaccurate compared to info in the basic food list for somthings?eg porridge in shopping guide under 'basic cereals' (no particular brand) is down as 1 pp for 30g but in the booklets I got in the pack at the meeting it said 3pp???:confused: I ll go with three just in case!noticed a few bits like that.
    also...I know its only day one but when I was tracking and planning what to buy, the new higher values are throwing me off!I keep forgetting the allowance has gone way up!!

thanks a mill, does anyone know what the walkers baked are? will go back to start of thread later on when not in work.

Not sure what the Walkers baked are, at a guess I would say 3/4 pp, but really am not too sure.

I am finding it excellent I have to say, it is confusing at the start, but once you try to 'forget' the old points value of things you will be grand. I am absolutely loving it, the fact that fruit is free is really helping me, I am ashamed to admit that I have eaten more fruit this week than I have all year, and I really think it has helped chocolate/sweet cravings too.

As said above I don't lose weight quickly, even in my first week, but today I lost 3 pounds and that is the max I have ever lost in one week!

marvilly wrote: »
    Y'all convinced me to join up again from reading the posts so I went last night..as for the weigh in..shock of my life:eek: but feeling v motivated and think the thread is brilliant for motivating/encouraging us relative newbies!I was a member years ago but I ve pretty much to forget EVERYTHING about the old points and relearn new system. I buoght the guides last night and has anyone else found that the info the shoping guide is inaccurate compared to info in the basic food list for somthings?eg porridge in shopping guide under 'basic cereals' (no particular brand) is down as 1 pp for 30g but in the booklets I got in the pack at the meeting it said 3pp???:confused: I ll go with three just in case!noticed a few bits like that.
    also...I know its only day one but when I was tracking and planning what to buy, the new higher values are throwing me off!I keep forgetting the allowance has gone way up!!

Best of luck with new start. I personally point each individual item rather than going by the basic cereals guide, as I think the points can vary from brand to brand,

m'lady wrote: »
    Had first weigh in today and was down 3 pounds, am delighted as that seriously is the max I have ever lost in a week, the weight dribbles off me! so well chuffed with myself!

Just to let anyone that does not know this already, the packets of flavoured noodles that you can buy are 14 p/points, I could not believe it.

Also my leader told us today a normal slice of bread is 3 p/p, I have been pointing it as 2, and batch bread is roughly 5 p/p!

Most slices of bread white or brown are 2 pp for one slice. There are some like the Brennans multi grain which are 3pp per slice. The important thing to remember is that different quantities can work out differently (this is because there are no half points) so 2 slices of bread are usually 5pp. I point things as much as I can rather than depending on the list and I point it based on the quantity I am eating. Pat the Baker brown beard and batch are the same..

kashmir wrote: »
    Most slices of bread white or brown are 2 pp for one slice. There are some like the Brennans multi grain which are 3pp per slice. The important thing to remember is that different quantities can work out differently (this is because there are no half points) so 2 slices of bread are usually 5pp. I point things as much as I can rather than depending on the list and I point it based on the quantity I am eating. Pat the Baker brown beard and batch are the same..

Thanks Kashmir, I didnt think it sounded right, out leader had brought in bread to show is points values, and she was adament it was 3 p/p! I am going to continue to point it at 2 p/p as I really do not eat much bread at all.

• Advertisement

As far as I remember the Walkers baked work out at 3pp but a pkt of standard King are 4 so might be worth it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement