Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

doogb wrote: »
    Hi,

Since last week when I try cast NowTV from my phone to Chromecast I keep getting
    "Viewing Stopped Something's gone wrong. if the problem persists, contact Online Support Team".

I can watch NowTV on my phone and other devices without any issues.
    I can watch on Netflix, Youbube on the Chromecast without any issues.

I've reinstalled NowTV on my phone, did a factory reset on my Chromecast and rebooted the modem without any joy.

To get NowTV to cast to Chromecast I need to disable WiFi on the main laptop at home. There are no conflicting IP's on the network.

Anyone experience any similar issues and get it reolved ?

Thanks in advance
    Yes!

It's what brought me in here, to see if I'm the only one!

I have contacted NowTV CS, and got this response...
    Thanks for contacting NOW TV.

With regards to your query.

I would like to inform you that this is an ongoing issue.

Not to worry, I will forward this case to the higher technical team to check and help you further.

You will be contacted via email at the earliest.

Meanwhile I would request you to access the content using the supported devices.

Check on this link to know more on supported devices : https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

It's not working on two different generation Chromecasts that I have, same error on both.
    I'm still waiting for the "higher technical team" to get back to me, I'd say I'll be waiting a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

I managed to get NowTV to cast to Chromecast by going into "Device Setting" on the Chromecast on turning on "Display" Use 50Hz HDMI mode.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭BurnUp78

Not a great start for now TV.. Subscribed to the sky sports pack for 17 a month at 12pm today and its already crashed twice and some buffering. I have 500mb virgin media broadband and I'm watching on my high end PC so it can't be problems on my end..

byte

I managed to get NowTV to cast to Chromecast by going into "Device Setting" on the Chromecast on turning on "Display" Use 50Hz HDMI mode.

Hope this helps.
    Fair play that you got it working. I've tried it on one Chromecast, but it's the same problem.

I will try the other one tomorrow and maybe some other things and see what happens.

I had considered removing the paired device and re-pairing it, but I think they only allow one pairing change per month.

At least I now know that Now TV can still cast for some, so there's hope :D

byte

Lo and behold, after replying to the email to say that their "higher technical team" never got back to me to help me further, I try again this evening, and it works!

I had no response to the email, but it's casting now, thankfully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭redoctober

Has anyone cancelled the 19€ offer and got a lower one for sky sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Quick q my wife signed up to 3 months for €7.50 p/m on entertainment pack which we are halfway through. I got an email offering me entertainment for €5 p/m for 2 months which needs to be taken out by end of month.

If my wife was to cancel now would they still be entitled to take 3rd month payment or does cancellation go through straight away?? Or could I take offer I was given but push the start date to 1st Nov when wife deal is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Quick q my wife signed up to 3 months for €7.50 p/m on entertainment pack which we are halfway through. I got an email offering me entertainment for €5 p/m for 2 months which needs to be taken out by end of month.

If my wife was to cancel now would they still be entitled to take 3rd month payment or does cancellation go through straight away?? Or could I take offer I was given but push the start date to 1st Nov when wife deal is up?

My understanding would be that the 3 month offer will last for the original 3 month period and if she takes the new 2 month offer, that would start automatically start after the 3 month deal, so 5 months in total

I was on a deal for Sports and was offered another month and it just rolled on for that extra month

Worth checking with them on their chat service

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

My understanding would be that the 3 month offer will last for the original 3 month period and if she takes the new 2 month offer, that would start automatically start after the 3 month deal, so 5 months in total

I was on a deal for Sports and was offered another month and it just rolled on for that extra month

Worth checking with them on their chat service

Thanks for reply.

Sorry probably didn't make myself clear 2 different accounts so 2 different offers, my account was the one getting offered 2 months cinema for €10!

On an aside to get the free trials they offer can you use as many email addresses as you like? Have used 2 for Sky Cinema trial but might use a work one to get another free week. Find Now TV entertainment v good but don't think would get the use for Cinema so no interest in paying for it.

Where's the cheapest place to buy a Now TV stick nowadays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Perez2017

I bought a normende tv. Im a bit clueless, how do i set up now tv on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭decor58

Perez2017 wrote: »
    I bought a normende tv. Im a bit clueless, how do i set up now tv on it?

Do it say in the TV spec that it has now tv, if so have you connected the TV to your WiFi, the Nowtv app should be in the App Store.

decor58 wrote: »
    Do it say in the TV spec that it has now tv, if so have you connected the TV to your WiFi, the Nowtv app should be in the App Store.
    No, its not in my app store at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Plug a Now TV stick into a HDMI port if it's not available as an app.

Anyone else having problems today logging into the Now TV website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Anyone else having problems today logging into the Now TV website?

Yes, I noticed that also, it's usually fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Hi I'm having issues with the now tv player on windows 10,any time I load up a program the player starts for a few seconds then crashes

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Yes, I noticed that also, it's usually fine.

Same when I tried to launch app on Android phone yesterday.

Now TV also crashed a few times during the match last night using two different phones.

Kids were not happy.

Same when I tried to launch app on Android phone yesterday.

Now TV also crashed a few times during the match last night using two different phones.

Kids were not happy.
    Can you stream now tv to your tv?

Yes.
    I use ChromeCast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Yes you can stream on your TV from your phone, but I would recommend a Now TV stick for your TV, much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Does anyone know if the Now TV app is available on the new Google Chromecast (with remote control). I know it’s only out but it seems to tick all the other boxes with Prime / Netflix / Disney etc on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭fman

Just from reading reviews, they would suggest "not yet". Can still be casted to, but all4 and nowtv are those getting highlighted as being missing from the new Chromecast apps list.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Was wondering the same thing myself, I wonder is it that it's not on the Android/Google TV platform at all or it is just not in the aggregation section?

It is featuring on the new Sony Android TVs now so I thought they might be warming to the platform. Maybe not here in Ireland.

I'm surprised it's taken so long for Now TV to get their act together. You'd imagine a pay as you go TV provider would want to be on as many platforms as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Agree, they are very cautious about expanding out to the Android TV platform. I guess they were initially OK with it because viewers could just buy a cheap Now TV dongle.

However, people don't like flicking to external devices and different remotes if they can avoid it. So far better for them to be on as many platforms as possible. Google also have their new Google TV device (new Chromecast, built on Android TV) which aggregates content from multiple providers - so they'll be missing out on a potential major platform by holding back.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Agree, they are very cautious about expanding out to the Android TV platform. I guess they were initially OK with it because viewers could just buy a cheap Now TV dongle.

However, people don't like flicking to external devices and different remotes if they can avoid it. So far better for them to be on as many platforms as possible. Google also have their new Google TV device (new Chromecast, built on Android TV) which aggregates content from multiple providers - so they'll be missing out on a potential major platform by holding back.

Absolutely. I think originally they were wary of the hack ability of android devices but they are definitely missing a trick now if they are not on this new device.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Apologies if this has been asked before .. but is the content of NowTV Ireland (such as the Entertainment package) the same as that which is available on NowTV UK? I was wondering if they "short-change" us with a more limited selection or something.

• Advertisement

Same channels in entertainment. Now TV in Ireland offers more sports channels as they also have BT and Premier Sports channels here.

Advertisement