Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workout Bench

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

$10 shipping to Ireland sounds a bit on the cheap side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I'd say it's legit. But just poor quality

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

seems to good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

website IP address details

Source: whois.arin.net
    IP Address: 23.227.38.64
    Name: SHOPIFY-NET
    Handle: NET-23-227-32-0-1
    Registration Date: 9/19/13
    Range: 23.227.32.0-23.227.63.255
    Org: Shopify, Inc.
    Org Handle: SHOPI-1Address: 150 Elgin Street, 8th Floor
    City: Ottawa
    State/Province: ON
    Postal Code: K2P 1L4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Customer Service: Onstormland@chicyoins.com

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

One other thing to bear in mind , if you’re buying from a Canadian / US website then you’re going to get him for customs and excise duty !

Not trying to hijack thread , assume the OP is thinking on these lines given post is a bench

Anyone come across dumbbell / barbell set that are in stock somewhere and 20kg + . Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,899 ✭✭✭dodzy

seems to good to be true

Of course it is. Teds post says it all. Steer well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

dodzy wrote: »
    Of course it is. Teds post says it all. Steer well clear.

No it doesn't please explain ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

No it doesn't please explain ?

.. a 1500 dollar rowing machine... for 55 dollars... with an apparent retail price of 67 dollars ?

If you're buying that my uncle is the king of Nigeria (and he has an amazing investment opportunity that he wants to talk to you about).

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    .. a 1500 dollar rowing machine... for 55 dollars... with an apparent retail price of 67 dollars ?

If you're buying that my uncle is the king of Nigeria (and he has an amazing investment opportunity that he wants to talk to you about).

But this is about the workbench from a completely different website :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

So buy it. Or send me your bank details and I'll buy it for you.

So buy it. Or send me your bank details and I'll buy it for you.

You sir I'm sure are great criac down in the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Take a punt, pay with credit card and do a chargeback if it doesnt show up...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Thargor wrote: »
    Take a punt, pay with credit card and do a chargeback if it doesnt show up...

Or pay with a Revolut virtual card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

The website with the bench looks dodgy. No-one has any experience of it anywhere it seems... plus shipping a bench like that for 49 dollars.... seems unlikely too. Similarly the website is younger than they claim in their about section. The structure is poor, amateur, every piece of content is a generic cut and paste from somewhere else.

Also a google image reverse shows that they are using images from a brand called Marcy who sell this as the SB-350 for $180.

It looks as dodgy as fudge to me. In the very best case scenario this is a generic bench and kolabay is a drop shipper who doesnt understand how expensive it is to post things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

who wants to suggest an alternative?

no gym is killing us all

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

tedpan wrote: »
    Adverts.ie

Collection is currently an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

no gym is killing us all

https://www.insportline.eu/702/adjustable-workout-bench-insportline-vario

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭hhmmm?

You sir I'm sure are great criac down in the pub

Wouldn't waste my time responding. There are too many trolls on this site who think they are some sort of demi god's. You're better off just reading and not posting as opinions are not welcomed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

hhmmm? wrote: »
    Wouldn't waste my time responding. There are too many trolls on this site who think they are some sort of demi god's. You're better off just reading and not posting as opinions are not welcomed here.

And yet you wasted your time responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

I had a go and ordered it. And guess what, it arrived and it was brand spanking new. But that was in my dreams one night.
    I bought it with funds from my Revolut a/c in USD. I got an e-mail confirmation with an order number in the 1000's, already causing a hint of suspicion to instill it itself on my mind. It did all seem rather legit, though as it was 'powered by Shopify.'

On the safe side, I sent for a update request a couple of days after. No reply. I then sent another e-mail, requesting to cancel my order. No reply. Their website e-mail then changed to something with chicyoins or something like that. I sent a message to it, forwarding on my previous e-mails to request a cancellation. I received one back many days later, in very broken English, saying that I should wait a little longer and that they'd give me a 10% discount of my next order, followed by a 'Thanks for your patience:)' and there was indeed a smiley face thrown on the end.

Two days later, I requested to cancel my order yet again and quelle surprise, there was no further reply. A couple of days later, I noticed their website only showed placeholder images and were selling nothing. A few days after, it brought me to the generic Shopify page.
    Ush1 wrote: »
    This one might be a scam, thoughts?

https://www.kolabay.com/products/exercise-bench

The website doesn't exist anymore, by the way.

I was 80% certain that I wouldn't get it but I said I'd give it a try, as it wasn't too expensive and I knew I'd be able to get a chargeback with Revolut. So there you have it, it more than likely was a sham website. Although, it may show up at my front door one day. In the meantime, the hunt continues on for a weight bench...

Advertisement