Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2009 Fantasy League

• 17-02-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

So do we have anyone interested in this? I know last year's wasn't much of a success, but if the forum is busier this season then it might be a bit more fun. Anyone out there still reading here!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I'm down for it

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i couldn't agree anymore with Mr. Incognito,

i'm also down for it and

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm actually writing this in Boston. how sweet is that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 God1991

yup im up for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Id be up for it too. How is the draft done though?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Yeah i'm up for it again this year.. A similar format to last year would work again i think.. It wasn't too complicated and seemed to go well (for some anyway!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

No idea how to play but count me in.
    Go Marlins!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nick_Angel

I'm in fo sho

Wasn't around last year, how was it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I would definitely like there to be a prize this year as I think people lose interest very quicky otherwise. If everyone could put in 10 or 20 quid and the winner got an Authentic Majestic Jersey of their choice that would make it cool. I'll escrow the monies if necessary.

I'd be up for going with the Yahoo league again, but we'll see what the majority say.

yeah no problem putting money in

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

ditto

Yahoo is fine

• Advertisement

so lets get this thing going...

do we have a commish?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭dingbat

Folks, see my post on the forum re. a new Irish league with an in-person draft in Dublin. PM/email me if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

you can count me in to ;)

Go Steelers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I'm in too.

Baseball forum is the only reason i'm even looking at boards again :)

Has it been set up yet?

I'll set it up in the next week or so...busy atm!

Still a couple of places left in the Fantasy Baseball League of Ireland. Not spamming, just trying to fill the league :)

OK Folks the Fantasy League is set up and ready to go on Yahoo.

The League ID is 240141 and its called Boardsball.

Cost of entry is 10 euro (just so people take a bit of interest) which can be paid to me via paypal, moneybookers, postage of a crisp 10 euro note, or poker site transfer (if you're that way inclined!)
    Please don't register unless you agree to the entry fee. If it does come down to some people being in the league and not having paid, they won't be eligible for the prize.

The winner will get the MLB jersey of their choice, up to the value of the total prize pool and .

This year the draft will be by manager rankings and won't be a live one, so make sure to get rating your players as soon as you sign up.

Finally, if I don't get Roy Halladay the league will be declared void and I keep the monies :-P

there should be a password with that...

p.s. dont give me the password cos then its over before it has even begun for y'all

I'm an eejit. Password: 'boards'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Im very much up for this and more than happy to chuck in a tenner or so, but have never a played a US style fantasy game before. Can someone explain how exactly the draft will work, I don't wanna register before I have a bit of a grip on how it works and presume I should have some tactics worked out first for the draft

• Advertisement

The best thing to do is read the instructions and browse around the site. Everything you need to know is there. I'm too lazy to type is all out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Just joined there now, have you got a paypal account I can chuck the tenner in to? Also a little advice re the auto draft would be appreciated....will the auto draft just look to fill one position and then move on to next on my list once done, and how many players per position to you generally put down on your rankings?

zuutroy wrote: »
    OK Folks the Fantasy League is set up and ready to go on Yahoo.

The League ID is 240141 and its called Boardsball.

Cost of entry is 10 euro (just so people take a bit of interest) which can be paid to me via paypal, moneybookers, postage of a crisp 10 euro note, or poker site transfer (if you're that way inclined!)
    Please don't register unless you agree to the entry fee. If it does come down to some people being in the league and not having paid, they won't be eligible for the prize.

The winner will get the MLB jersey of their choice, up to the value of the total prize pool and .

This year the draft will be by manager rankings and won't be a live one, so make sure to get rating your players as soon as you sign up.

Finally, if I don't get Roy Halladay the league will be declared void and I keep the monies :-P
    Have joined up. Looking forward to it. When do we have to have our rankings done by?

By the way, if anybody fancies joining a league with a live draft my league is drafting on Sunday at 4pm. We can fit in a couple more enthusiastic owners :D

Please note I'm not competing with Zuut's league. The more people playing fantasy baseball over here, the better :)

Hehe...its not mine :) I'll wait til we have 12 signed up then set a date for the draft but you can get ranking as soon as you want.
    When we have the 12, we'll print boards name vs. team name here and I'll attempt to collect the tenners, which hopefully won't prove too much hassle!

looks like we will be lucky to get 12

Invite still open for my league. We have an 8-teamer; it would be good to knock it up to 10.

This is cancelled due to lack of numbers btw. Unstickify mods if you see this ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just seeing this now. Done.

lol didn't even see that you were baseball mod!

• Advertisement
Advertisement