Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas out of season 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »

Is Chernobyl as good they say it is? A lot of talk about it around the office these days.

Thought it really good myself, as did the mrs who didnt like the sound of it before we started to watch it but got into it pretty quickly.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Thought it really good myself, as did the mrs who didnt like the sound of it before we started to watch it but got into it pretty quickly.

Good to hear, we plan to start into it this weekend all going well.

Good to hear, we plan to start into it this weekend all going well.

We watched it over 2 nights, 2 episodes one night & 3 the next, even though we were shattered tired there was no way I wasnt watching the ending having gone 4 episodes in!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

We watched it over 2 nights, 2 episodes one night & 3 the next, even though we were shattered tired there was no way I wasnt watching the ending having gone 4 episodes in!

Always the danger with box sets..........next episode will start in 10, 9, 8........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

I was Instanbul for the last week and there were Christmas trinkets in the bazar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Jude13 wrote: »
    I was Instanbul for the last week and there were Christmas trinkets in the bazar
    How were they ? Pretty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

otnomart wrote: »
    How were they ? Pretty ?

They were mainly the three wise men. I have a pic i will dig it out. I had one in my hand just about about to exclaim that we should buy them when my OH said no without even looking.

They were mainly the three wise men. I have a pic i will dig it out. I had one in my hand just about about to exclaim that we should buy them when my OH said no without even looking.

Bah humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Oh, that brought back memories of moving the three wise men little statues each day, closer and closer to the crib !

• Advertisement

Had a couple of turkey and cranberry burgers last night. Not the same as the real think however very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Realised last night that we still have over half of our Christmas Pudding left. It was pushed right to the back of the press - for safe keeping! Heated it up with some custard - pure heaven in a bowl :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh nice. And good weather for it too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

This is the only place I can say the following without it being seen as a cry for help......

I'm currently washing my white tinsel. :cool:

washiskin wrote: »
    This is the only place I can say the following without it being seen as a cry for help......

Washing tinsel has never occurred to me.....

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Washing tinsel has never occurred to me.....

About the only christmas decoration we wont entertain at all.
    Haven't had tinsel on our trees, or even in the house anywhere since the OH & myself moved in together all those years ago.

Baubles & lights all the way for us.

Wouldn't the clothes you wash after be covered in the stuff??

About the only christmas decoration we wont entertain at all.
    Haven't had tinsel on our trees, or even in the house anywhere since the OH & myself moved in together all those years ago.

Baubles & lights all the way for us.

I don't put it on the kitchen tree because we have the Homestore & More Nebraska & it's super full. But I do like a little bit on the real tree in the sitting room - fills the gaps!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I passed by what used to be Crackbird on South William Street in Dublin today - they closed down a few months ago. The building seems to have been leased to someone and the shutters were up for the first time in a long time. All of their Christmas decroations are still up including a very sad Christmas tree with baubles in the corner. It's a very sad Christmas in there! I'm sure it'll be gone soon when the new business moves in.

Aw, that's sad. I hate seeing closed down/empty/neglected buildings.

First time for me hearing of washing tinsel. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Wouldn't the clothes you wash after be covered in the stuff??

This is old tinsel, I must have it 20 years, really well made and came out a treat from the machine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Aw, that's sad. I hate seeing closed down/empty/neglected buildings.

First time for me hearing of washing tinsel. :pac:

I’ve heard of dusting tinsel but not watching it.

This is old tinsel, I must have it 20 years, really well made and came out a treat from the machine.

That is serious amount of time for tinsel to last! Guess they made things better back then :)

The only decoration I have older than that, is a Christmas log that you put a candle in, that I made when I was in primary school and my Dad kept and gave to me when I moved into my first house.

The christmas train movie one of the movie channels last night, true movies I think. A tad random that.

Got a Christmas jumper for the little man in the Disney shop on sale at lunch time. Was gutted they didn't have any adult ones the same so we could be twinies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Home alone is on film4. I haven’t seen it in years.

Postgrad10 wrote: »

Will 30 years old next year!!

Will 30 years old next year!!
    Get out.

Postgrad10 wrote: »

Saw that, cant watch it until at least November though...

• Advertisement

Had my parents over for dinner yesterday so made a full Christmas dinner - turkey, ham, sausage meat stuffing, roasties. Followed by Christmas pudding and cream. Only thing missing was the Brussels Sprouts. Was delicious if I say so myself :D

And best thing is that we have enough leftovers for today's dinner! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement