Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Odhinn wrote: »
    The correct term is islamophobic, and that he most certainly is.

Maybe you're right, but I suggest you try living in Luton or somewhere that's highly populated with people who are taking over from the natives.

Luckily I live rurally and fortunately in my local towns Ennistymon and Ennis the Muslim population have really intergrated well with the locals.
    Great banter, kids mixing well just like when they moved over to the UK in the 70's and 80's

Hopefully it'll stay that way.

I lived in Birkenhead for a few months, and I felt like I was living in Islamabad rather off the Wirral.
    I wasn't really made welcome.
    Eventually I moved back to Ireland and settled down and once you experienced what it's like to be not wanted you won't know what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,980 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Muckka wrote: »
    With respect, Muslims are not a race.

They're a religion with different sects, I admire the Sufi Muslims and the Shia and Allawites aren't too bad.

But the Sunni wahabbism and salafist are dangerous I don't like their idealism.

Depends on how you define race, but I see your point. It is splitting hairs a bit, though - he specificly said "all Muslims".

But bigoted, prejudiced, whatever. It demonstrates his sheer hatred based purely on a generalisation of an incident of birth.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Correction number one - You don't have to hate all other races in order to be racist. You can be racist against specific races.

Correction number two - he has issues with muslims full stop - not just extremists. He famously blamed ALL muslims for the 7/7 bombings.

Not Muslims - the ideology of Islam.
    Big difference.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Big difference.

No Muslims. He said Muslims.

In any case I'm pretty sure there's very little knowledge of what the ideology of Islam there anyway beyond the more archaic elements of Sharia Law which most people seem to confuse it with.

professore wrote: »
    I don't see how this implies violence against Muslims. It implies protesting in the strongest possible fashion to the leaders of those communities. If he said "we will exact revenge on those communities" then fair enough. I have heard worse in the recent abortion debates here from both sides.

Problem is the people in the UK who are supposed to keep law and order have a hands off approach to Islamic extremists. So it's no surprise groups like this form. Also why he very quickly left the BNP as a teenager when he realised they only admitted white English people.

I'm not saying he potentially ISN'T a racist ... just that the evidence isn't there, and he's not trying to run for election or anything. He's had huge personal cost from this.

No, you said he wasn't a racist beacuse he doesn't hare all racists. You've been proven wrong.

And I never said he invited violence, so you can take that up with whoever did say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Muckka wrote: »
    Maybe you're right,

No, not maybe

He is right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Big difference.

Every single Muslim watching this... on 7/7 you got away with killing and maiming British citizens... you had better understand that we have built a network from one end of the country to the other end... and the Islamic community will feel the full force of the English Defence League if we see any of our British citizens killed, maimed, or hurt on British soil ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

No Muslims. He said Muslims.

In any case I'm pretty sure there's very little knowledge of what the ideology of Islam there anyway beyond the more archaic elements of Sharia Law which most people seem to confuse it with.

Actually he's quite knowledgeable on the subject of Islam.

I did check out the video tho, yeah he shouldn't have said those things,

still doesn't negate his main concerns on Islam tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Poor old Adolf had his concerns with Jewish people

How did that turn out ?

he had a lot of apologists around him as well

weisses wrote: »
    No, not maybe

He is right

Tommy's not always right, I think he's mixed up at times.

I used to hate seagulls thought they were pests until I caught one by mistake while reeling in a surface lure.
    Brought him home nursed him or her back to health, he got attached to me and I him.
    He loved sardines, I left him off two weeks later in Lahinch and he didn't want to fly off for a while.
    Did a bit of a dance and away he flee.
    Now I take back my hatred of seagulls.

I'm not comparing people with seagulls, but metaphorically speaking there's good people out there no matter where they come from or believe in.

You never know Tommy may embrace the religion of peace, but I won't be dressing up as a seagull :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

weisses wrote: »
    Poor old Adolf had his concerns with Jewish people

How did that turn out ?

he had a lot of apologists around him as well

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,100 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have a lot of respect for him.

you have to respect the grift alright.

Depends on how you define race, but I see your point. It is splitting hairs a bit, though - he specificly said "all Muslims".

But bigoted, prejudiced, whatever. It demonstrates his sheer hatred based purely on a generalisation of an incident of birth.

I can identify with where you are coming from, but I think he gets on well with some Muslims.

You'll see his old video clips of him spouting off about all Muslims, but I think he's starting to learn about different Islamic belief's.

The suffi Muslims are very peaceful in general, I read a lot of Rumis poetry and spiritual teachings and it's quite peaceful and enlightening.
    A lot of good stories, you should read up on Sufism if you want to learn more about mystical Islam

• Registered Users Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

FTA69 wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=393733637839882&id=166732810539967

Have a look at this video and tell me he’s not racist.

“She’s so ugly a Syrian refugee wouldn’t rape her”

“The people from Somalia are backward savages”

The guy is a f*cking cretin.

In fairness, lots of short 2-3 second clips, edited together in short soundbites* to create a narrative, is exactly the reason why the internet is mostly poison.

Don't do something that you would be willing to criticise the other guys for.

*Done by Momentum of all people

This is the problem with the stunts he pulls: I have no idea what his REAL concerns a really are. Where does the hatemongering stop and the intelligent concerns begin?

When he says all Muslims are responsible for 7/7 and seems ignorant to the problems he causes with pedophile mistrials in aid of publicity he really is his own worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

markodaly wrote: »
    In fairness, lots of short 2-3 second clips, edited together in short soundbites* to create a narrative, is exactly the reason why the internet is mostly poison.

Don't do something that you would be willing to criticise the other guys for.

*Done by Momentum of all people

The clips speak for themselves mate. “The people of Somalia are backward savages.” “A Syrian refugee wouldn’t rape her”.

Yeah good luck putting the context on that mate. ‘Legitimate criticism of Islamic ideology’ my arse, that’s straight out of the National Front that sort of commentary

Could you summarise the point those videos make?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Could you summarise the point those videos make?

No, you can watch them if you are interested. If you are not then don't.

No, you can watch them if you are interested. If you are not then don't.

Why can't you summarise them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

So is the real Tommy Robinson.. Stephen Yaxley lennon?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,100 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So is the real Tommy Robinson is Stephen Yaxley lennon?.

Yaxley Lennon is his real name and the name he was convicted under several times.

Forgot to log out of your account? Haha

Edit : looks like you mis quoted. Apologises

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Yaxley Lennon is his real name and the name he was convicted under several times.

But not the name he used when he flew to the Us illegally. He borrowed a friends passport for that.

And this thread has started getting weird.

Why should I? Nobody summarised them for me. Don't be lazy. As I said if you are interested you can watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Why should I? Nobody summarised them for me. Don't be lazy. As I said if you are interested you can watch them.

It's not laziness. It takes time, you could at least give an indication of why someone should watch it. It's only polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lazy? You just dropped three hours of propaganda on us.

You expect people to watch almost three hours of YouTube videos.

Have you watched them. Why can't you summarize the content?.

For instance does it mention him frauding oaps?

I don't expect anyone to do anything at all, as I have said the videos are there for anybody that's interested in watching them. Are you particularly interested in Tommy Robinson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I don't expect anyone to do anything at all, as I have said the videos are there for anybody that's interested in watching them. Are you particularly interested in Tommy Robinson?

You haven't watched them, have you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement