Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Pension

• 11-02-2019 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Having given much thought to pensions until now but at 40 I need to be more attentive.
    What is normal percentage amount paid and matched by a decent employer these days ?
    Unless your in the public sector there doesn’t to be any DB schemes for new staff ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Bout... tree fiddy.

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Having given much thought to pensions until now but at 40 I need to be more attentive.
    What is normal percentage amount paid and matched by a decent employer these days ?
    Unless your in the public sector there doesn’t to be any DB schemes for new staff ?

Defined Benefit pensions are for too expensive for commercial organisations to cover, which is why only governments now give them and even this is farcical, but reality.

My employer pays 2% above whatever i pay. So I pay 4%, they pay 6%.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

LuasSimon wrote: »

It very likely depends on the sector too.
    In the I.T. sector, I've seen employers match up to 5% of employees contributions. Maybe raising it after 5 years of service in some cases.

No employer is forced to have any pension scheme or make any contributions for its employees. In those cases it's up to you to have a private pension scheme.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Depends on how much werthers originals and liquorice you are going to consume when retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Live fast & die young OP :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Have a pension ****

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

My employer pays 10% regardless of employee contribution and then matches employee contributions above that although age depending. Currently I pay 2% and they pay 12% so 14% in total.

Advertisement