Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I've a plaster on my right thumb. It is impossible to try & use the touch screen on my phone.
    You need an elastic band. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Letters from service providers trying to gloss over why they are increasing prices. Would respect them more if they were just honest about it instead of trying to convince you that it’s for your benefit and it’s going to be great.

Apparently my bank is making things less complicated for us poor confused customers and streamlining the types of current accounts they have and the t&cs.
    Surprise surprise the one that had me paying no fees is no longer available. But at least I’m not confused over all the types of accounts they have anymore :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Youtubers charging 30 dollars for a valentines day card, jesus wept!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Youtubers charging 30 dollars for a valentines day card, jesus wept!

Seph my cards are free ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Seph my cards are free ;)

Well! I should hope so! :3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Different strokes for different folks...been to quite a few games in France over the years... actively jump, stamp, wave and roar at the kicker...quite a bit of it yesterday in Edinburgh... seems that the " respect the kicker" is being squeezed out of the game

I have been to quite a few too and didn't see the behaviour you describe what i witnessed it Murrayfield was deplorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Deja Boo wrote: »
    my face itches

my legs itch

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Using dropchef for the 2nd week.
    Getting the right ingredients but the wrong cooking instructions and typically for something i really need them for.
    Was delivered yesterday, no reply to email, twitter and phone not picked up either.
    If you are not available on the day you are delivering those boxes, makes sure the instructions can be downloaded.

It was nice while it lasted but they are ****listed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You never miss the water 'til the well runs dry (or in this case the mains)

Will have to boil Volvic for a shave - such decadence!

Seven Worlds will Collide

Mould on the marmalade this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The idea of sharing toilets​ in places like work. It's just rank really isn't it? You've no idea how clean or dirty these people are and lets face it, at least half of them are probably rank dirty bastards and you've to go and plonk your arse on the very seat one of those dirty bastards had their bare arse perched on. That's not to mention having to clean some simpletons piss off the seat first. Rank

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The idea of sharing toilets​ in places like work. It's just rank really isn't it? You've no idea how clean or dirty these people are and lets face it, at least half of them are probably rank dirty bastards and you've to go and plonk your arse on the very seat one of those dirty bastards had their bare arse perched on. That's not to mention having to clean some simpletons piss off the seat first. Rank

we must work in the same office. Ours are regularly blocked because somebody insists on stuffing toilet paper down them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Amazons stupid recommendations. "Based on your recent activity, we thought you might be interested in this. " and then show me the item i ordered yesterday. Do they think i'm going to buy another one today?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I gagged twice reading that. Marmalade ew. Mould ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

There's a small shop at work where they use a touchscreen. One of the workers uses a pen or marker to touch the screen rather than her finger. I don't know why but it really annoys me

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I gagged twice reading that. Marmalade ew. Mould ew.

🤮🤢 <
    me when I saw it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, yes. So you had mushrooms, too. :pac:

Ring of TP on the seat helps a bit, provided there's TP to be found. Which is my next TA.

New Home wrote: »
    Ah, yes. S o you had mushrooms, too. :pac:

Ring of TP on the seat helps a bit, provided there's TP to be found. Which is my next TA.

Magic mushrooms 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

A lot of people won't like this TA : Rugby.

More specifically - smug rugby fans.

Did you ever hear one talk about the history of the game and how it was invented? '....when back in <prehistoric times> Somedick picked up the ball and ran with it.....' First of all - he cheated. The whole game is based on cheating. The clue is in the name - FOOTball.

But they gloss over that when engaged in their second favourite sport - giving out about football. 'Oh football is full of cheats; rolling and diving all the time...' And when you point out there's cheating in rugby too - the whole blood pack thing being a prime example - they usually talk about how harsh the punishment was and move on. That's your defence? It's harder to get away with? Like you don't get players in every game making little infringements and chancing every little cheat they think they can get away with? You never see cynical play in rugby?

On Saturday I had a tiny woman telling me there's 'no real men in football; not compared to rugby', while a man on the screen who had his leg broken in two places during a Europa League match made a tackle. 'Real men'? Like she'd have a clue. Like she'd ever played herself. I haven't played in ages but actually loved playing rugby. If only I wasn't terrible at it. :)

It just amazes me how partisan people can get about things. 'I like A, so B is a load of ****e. x happens a lot in B, but when it happens in A, we justify it and move on. Everybody should like A and there's something wrong with you if you don't.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Shared toilets are just awful but we have to use them, unfortunately. My worst experience was recent enough. I was sat there waiting for nature to take its course, when my man-part brushed against the inside rim of the toilet seat. Oh Jesus, even thinking of it now gives me the gawks :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Misread the title as "Trying things that do anal", assumed it was a drunken attempt at one of those "I just got rejected, console me in my darkest hour" threads from Saturday night :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Misread the title as "Trying things that do anal", assumed it was a drunken attempt at one of those "I just got rejected, console me in my darkest hour" threads from Saturday night :D
    It kinda is one of those threads though :pac:

Starving!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When a man assumes that I can't see the 'bleedin obvious' because of my uterus and offers a solution that I already been disregarded for good reason.

Bredabe wrote:
    When a man assumes that I can't see the bleeding obvious because of my uterus and offers a solution that has already been disregarded for good reason.

I thought you were on about shark week there for minute. Had to re-read a couple of times :p

Had a fantastic couple of nights away in Galway (despite Storm Erik!). Lovely hotel at a great deal, upgraded to a "superior" room for only an extra tenner, and in fairness it was very good. Everything about the place was brilliant. Had a good night out on the town on Thursday evening, and found some really great pubs. So no complaints or TAs so far.

Friday morning comes and we head down to the restaurant for breakfast. Really impressive spread with everything you could hope for. Then we started to eat. Fried and scrambled eggs, fried potatoes and mushrooms (we're both vegetarians so didn't have sausages, rashers, etc). The food was absolutely freezing. We assumed the hot plates or whatever they are called were broken, and didn't want to make a fuss so we ate our cold breakfast grimly.

Another great day and night on the town followed and we forgot our breakfast woes. Until Saturday morning, when the same thing happened again. It was even colder this time, so cold in fact, that we couldn't force the food down.

Again, we didn't complain, we just b!tched about it to ourselves.

So, despite all the great facilities the hotel had to offer, our memories of the place are tainted by the thought of our awful, cold breakfasts.

The breakfast itself was a TA, but our refusal to complain is my biggest TA now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The breakfast itself was a TA, but our refusal to complain is my biggest TA now

I will never understand the complete and utter unwillingness to complain of many Irish people.

There's a big sign in our works toilets which reads: "Please do not dispose of your chewing gum in the urinal. Please use the bins."

This is a fairly large sign, with block red lettering, placed directly above the urinals.

And yet what did I just see in the urinal?

I hate chewing gum in general. I also hate colleagues who do not follow simple requests.

Somehow I've managed to get lots of little cuts and cracks on my fingers despite not doing any manual work. And the cold and wind really makes them smart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Clingfilm. The devil’s wallpaper. When I die I want it written on my headstone how much I hate the stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement