Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

• 21-06-2019 2:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

She's permanently on twitter now tweeting links to wacky stories from a few years ago and every single conspiracy theory she can get her hands on

Should all posts mentioning Gemma O'Doherty be banned on Boards? 844 votes

Yes
    72% 611 votes
    No
    27% 233 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Someone able to ring Dundrum Mental Asylumn let em know they got an escapee? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I'm not entirely sure about the conspiracy theory stuff. But I agree with her when it comes to issues like mass immigration, multiculturalism and PC culture. Immigration is becoming a big issue here in Ireland and people are not willing to talk about it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure about the conspiracy theory stuff. But I agree with her when it comes to issues like mass immigration, multiculturalism and PC culture. Immigration is becoming a big issue here in Ireland and people are not willing to talk about it

Well unfortunately Gemma and her ilk are the very worst people to talk about it, as they're totally dishonest and hysterical, not to mention the craziness associated with the conspiracy theories

• Registered Users Posts: 32,924 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Even loons can be right about some things.

Problem is, they are wrong about most things, and they can belittle a serious topic or debate when they get involved.

which people

are you people

are people being stopped talking about it

this sounds serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yea.
    I don’t follow her on Twitter but look in an odd time.
    She retweets “the onion” as if it’s a legitimate media source. 😂

Her Twitter is like a huge spot on someone’s chin, you know it’s horrible, yet somehow it’s hard not to look ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Hardly a surprise Stephen, as like her, you're a racist.

Mod: Please stop reporting this post. Stephen15 has admitted he is a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,924 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well that escalated quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hardly a surprise Stephen, as like her, you're a racist.

Racist is such a term used so so much it actually has no meaning anymore.....

I have travellers telling me I'm racist on numerous occasions....

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Being called a racist these days is a badge of honour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

It still has meaning: the person is prejudiced against people of other skin colours to them.

Just because some may perceived it over-used, it doesn't lose it's meaning, nor does it mean anyone who is called one is in fact one. A trawl through Stephen's post history however provides plenty of information on his outlook.

As for Gemma, one has to assume that she has had some sort of mental break in the last few years as her Twitter feed is a prime example of someone who believes every possible conspiracy theory and also throws a hefty lump of racism in there too, plus Soros nonsense etc. etc.

If you see anything on her feed that breaks Twitter's TOS, report her, I did that for the Longford children pic she tweeted recently and actually got a positive response from Twitter on it.

Boxing.Fan wrote: »

I here you're a racist now father......

Boxing.Fan wrote: »

If racist means loving your family and by extension to that your country and wanting to defend both as well the western way of life then I'm a racist and proud. In order to do that I believe your borders should be shut as the saying goes you don't lock your door because you hate the people outside you do because you love the people inside.

Same concept here close the borders to defend our country it's culture, heritage and values.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Compared to Rowan Croft, who seems to be more organised and driven by monetising his stuff through manipulating the gullible, Gemma just comes across as having something wrong with her.

There's a desperate need for validation or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

NIMAN wrote: »
    Problem is, they are wrong about most things, and they can belittle a serious topic or debate when they get involved.
    This is it, the way she behaves means she's not credible at all and she's not somebody you want to be 'on the same side' with, even if you might agree with some things she says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Place is crawling with Nazis

If racist means loving your family and by extension to that your country and wanting to defend both as well the western way of life then I'm a racist and proud. In order to do that I believe your borders should be shut as the saying goes you don't lock your door because you hate the people outside you do because you love the people inside.

Same concept here close the borders to defend our country it's culture, heritage and values.

stephen ive not gone through your post history man im just goin by this post and im pretty worried you might be a little actual racist, no scare quotes no "anything is racist now" racist just yknow actual racist

Place is crawling with Nazis

Them pesky Nazis.....

stephen ive not gone through your post history man im just goin by this post and im pretty worried you might be a little actual racist, no scare quotes no "anything is racist now" racist just yknow actual racist

Watch the door doesn't hit you on the way out...

Hold your head in shame... Nothing on here posted as of yet is far from racist or maybe your one of them that is offended for another feeling offended when they in fact were never offended..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Nothing on here posted as of yet is far from racist.

My head hurts.

• Advertisement

Gemma who?

Current Affairs thread (not AH) and it just starts like “ Gemma not taking to enforced retirement well “
    Did I a miss a link ....... or a few pages ?

Gemma, Gemma the F##K is Gemma ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Do you believe in chemtrails?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,734 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I thought you agreed with her on Chemtrails?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I thought you agreed with her on Chemtrails?

I said don't know enough about the subject to make a judgement in it. I honestly never heard of chemtrails until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

I'll talk about it. Whats your point? Some stats for you: Poles make up the largest grouping of non-nationals in Ireland at 22 per cent (or 118,042), followed by British 21 per cent (115,658); Lithuanians 7 per cent (35, 617) and Latvians (20, 086) and Nigerians (19, 727) 4 per cent each.

Ireland's current unemployment rate is 5.3% technically we are at 'full employment'. Now the economy is booming and even if we could mobilise the long term unemployed (those who cannot or will never get a job regardless of economic prosperity) we would still need workers to come to Ireland from abroad to fill vacant positions.
    Its a simple fact that 'immigrants' are much more keen to do the menial jobs that some Irish people think is beneath them.
    You also have a situation say with teachers and nurses qualifying and then having to leave the country to get work. Nurses in particular are appalling poorly paid and would rather not leave but feel they have no choice. At the same time you have nurses entering the country from south east asia who work all the hours they can and live ten in a house to earn substantially more than theyd earn back home in the Philippines, indeed much of their income leaves the country via bank transfers home. We are talking about hard working immigrants filling vacancies that the Irish government have created because Irish graduate nurses are forced to leave the country to get a job worth their financial while.
    You then have a cohort of Indians , Pakistanis and Brazilians who are admitted to Ireland under short term 'student visas', where by they are allowed to work a limited number of hours while 'studying'. Ultimately these nationalities are filling positions that Irish people simply do not want.
    Multiculturalism as you call it, is an inevitable consequence of economic prosperity indeed it is an economic imperative without which Ireland would be in serious trouble.

I don't care if you if you think I'm racist. I know I'm not and anyone who's ever met me and that includes people who are from other countries and includes people I've worked with and gone to college and school with would tell you the same. Some of the forgeiners I've met are just as what you would describe as racist as me as they agree with the likes of Trump, want to close the borders etc.

Racist is often just a term used used by people on the left side of the coin as they don't have any other valid argument and instead of debating just scream racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,086 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I don't care if you if you think I'm racist. I know I'm not and anyone who's ever met me and that includes people who are from other countries and includes people I've worked with and gone to college and school with would tell you the same. Some of the forgeiners I've met are just as what you would describe as racist as me as they agree with the likes of Trump, want to close the borders etc.

Racist is often just a term used used by people on the left side of the coin as they don't have any other valid argument and instead of debating just scream racist.

Kind like how you guys call everything that triggers you "left".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

reg114 wrote: »
    we would still need workers to come to Ireland from abroad to fill vacant positions.
    Its a simple fact that 'immigrants' are much more keen to do the menial jobs that some Irish people think is beneath them.

I don't buy this for a second. How many more unskilled people do we need here? How many floors need swept or deliveroo lads are needed? It's an employers wet dream to get these people on minimum wage and zero contract hours. Where are they going to live because the last time I looked there seemed to be a housing crisis. Sure that's great....Just stuff another 8 bunk beds in a small room and take advantage that their English isn't great and they can't complain.
    I've seen it first hand in construction where Eastern European lads are "told" they're working long hours and weekends. Unfortunately their English isn't great so it's difficult for them to look for new employers who might treat them better. Talking to a Romanian labourer today who worked 65 hours last week and needs at least that many hours to cover his food, rent and travel costs. But yeah we need more like him. Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,485 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sorry did I miss a meeting, how is or Culture and Heritage been eroded by not having a closed border?

Also our Values?

I'm not that actually that old but a lot of our values were fúcking terrible when I was growing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

reg114 wrote: »
    Nurses in particular are appalling poorly paid...

Agree with the substance of your point, but nurses aren't "appalling poorly paid" - sure, they earn more money over in Qatar, but that's not really the same thing as being "appalling poorly paid".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement