Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

• 12-12-2017 4:23pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The old thread was nearing 10,000 posts where boards explodes.
    So heres a new threa to continue with.

Usual forum rules apply.

Link to the old thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057549102

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What time is the McGregor fight on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Mcnuggets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Perry is a ballbag. As is anyone with an eyebrow tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Perry is a ballbag. As is anyone with an eyebrow tattoo.

I think the getting your own name tattooed on yourself thing is worse tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I think the getting your own name tattooed on yourself thing is worse tbh.

Obsessed

Obsessed

I have mentioned Ryan Benoit's once or twice before, but obsessed seems like a strong reaction... Calm your tits child.

452665017-ryan-benoit-throws-an-elbow-at-josh-sampo-in-gettyimages.jpg

It's a weird thing MMA fighters be doing, Covington, Benoit, Scoggins, Mir, Swanson... Loads more, it's retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Alvarez too. Agree it looks retarded

Suspect the insinuation was that because you don't live inside McGregor's arsehole, you must have been having a pop at him because, you know, McGregor is the only fighter worth talking about to have a tattoo of that ilk. In some people's minds anyway.

Alvarez too. Agree it looks retarded

Suspect the insinuation was that because you don't live inside McGregor's arsehole, you must have been having a pop at him because, you know, McGregor is the only fighter worth talking about to have a tattoo of that ilk. In some people's minds anyway.

Where's his?

I only tend to notice the ones that are like names on soccer jerseys tattooed between people shoulders as they look so ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Sane for city has a portrait of himself haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I have my name tattooed on me :o

It's not the only name in it though, and it's not in English ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,927 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Where's his?

I only tend to notice the ones that are like names on soccer jerseys tattooed between people shoulders as they look so ridiculous.

Above the tiger, below the gorilla.
    I had to check where it was as I never noticed it before

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Cowboy too

I wonder if this guy is actually Cowboy... The name is pretty close...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Mark Hunt vs. Curtis Blaydes at UFC 221 & Valentina Shevchenko vs.
    Priscila Cachoeira in a flyweight contest at Fight Night Belem announced. I've no idea who Cachoeira but she is 8-0.

Rousey nailed on to be annouced by the wwe, hopefully she never fights again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Shame.

With an actual Coach she could be WBW champ again. Her judo and grappling was a joy to watch. No shame in being out boxed; it's the total psychological implosion that resulted from it that was disappointing to see. I would've expected an Olympian to have a bulletproof mind.

She'll certainly make a tasty packet performing in the WWE though.

Travis Browne to become a stay-at-home wife-beater and never fight again, too? :pac:

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Shame.

With an actual Coach she could be WBW champ again. Her judo and grappling was a joy to watch. No shame in being out boxed; it's the total psychological implosion that resulted from it that was disappointing to see. I would've expected an Olympian to have a bulletproof mind.

She'll certainly make a tasty packet performing in the WWE though.

Travis Browne to become a stay-at-home wife-beater and never fight again, too? :pac:

Not a chance of hed being champ again, the game evolved past her. She has 0 striking and as you said yourself her mind is gone shed crumble to easy imo. She was champ in a different era, but done a hell of a lot for womens mma!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any truth that Richie Smullen will be on the next season of TUF?

Paully D wrote: »
    Try outs were only last weekend. But yeah Richie went over, JK posted it on twitter.
    They wanted undefeated fighters at 145, 155 and 170. They won't use all three divisions for the show though

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I would've expected an Olympian to have a bulletproof mind.
    That's what I never understood. She surely lost all the time in her judo career. Even in her celebrated Beijing Olympics. She lost twice and essentially came 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Mellor wrote: »
    Paully D wrote: »
    Try outs were only last weekend. But yeah Richie went over, JK posted it on twitter.
    They wanted undefeated fighters at 145, 155 and 170. They won't use all three divisions for the show though
    Fair play to him for having a crack off it.

TUF : Undefeated sounds like a cool premise, but so did the TUF Redemtpion 2 and TUF - Crown a World Champion seasons - I don't think I ever managed to get past episode 3 of any of them.
    I find it staggering that the show hasn’t been cancelled yet – the latest TUF season set a new record for low ratings in the states. It’s so mind numbingly repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think they should scrap TUF and host two or three fight cards with their TUF contenders like an old school tournament type thing spread out over a month or two?

Have each episode like an extended Embedded with its behind-the-scenes styles. Let each fighter continue to train at their home gym but can only be cornered by the TUF coach and his team. Then it culminates into a Saturday fight card style episode.

Alternatively scrap the tournament aspect of it, and have people fighter per episode, but keep the embedded idea since essentially the in-house/out of gym video is like an early embedded.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The last 2 seasons have actually been the best on a while quality wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

DrPhilG wrote: »
    The last 2 seasons have actually been the best on a while quality wise.

The quality of the fights or the quality of the overall show? Because the show to me just seems to follow the exact same formula in the exact same order as every episode ever made. The fights happening in a practically empty hall with no commentary is a bit mundane aswell. No atmosphere.

The Dana White Contender Series is a much more interesting way to blood new talent - look at Sean O'Malley. More people are talking about him than any TUF contestant for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

dulux99 wrote: »
    The quality of the fights or the quality of the overall show?

Both.

The Cody vs TJ season was a bit overrun by their beef but the fights were good. This season the coaches don't hate each other nor feel the need to pretend that they do and the fights have again been of a good standard, with not too much catty bullcrap at the house.

I’ve really enjoyed the vast majority of the last few seasons of TUF.

The Joanna vs Claudia one wasn’t the best in terms of fights or entertainment from the contestants, but all of the others from 20-26 have been worth following IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really enjoy TUF, hope they don't get rid of it. My missus always watches it as well which is a bonus. Must try get her to watch some of the oldies.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I really enjoy TUF, hope they don't get rid of it. My missus always watches it as well which is a bonus. Must try get her to watch some of the oldies.

Yeah everyone in my house watches it too, even those not all that interested in MMA, which adds to it for me. We have a tradition of throwing on the latest episode every Thursday night when it’s on.

Good old family viewing :pac:

• Advertisement

Apparently ex-Xtreme Couture coach, Robert Follis, has died. He was Kevin Lee's main coach.

He left the gym a couple of weeks ago and based on the statements from him and the gym in the aftermath, it seemed like it wasn't just a mutual parting of ways.

Reports are suggesting it was suicide via shooting. Very sad news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement