Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Aldi have 2 supreme chicken kievs in a baking tray in the fresh section, more expensive but its from a recognisable part of the chicken and they're fecking lovely, do lidl have them does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Thargor wrote: »
    Aldi have 2 supreme chicken kievs in a baking tray in the fresh section, more expensive but its from a recognisable part of the chicken and they're fecking lovely, do lidl have them does anyone know?

Dunnes do them on the bone.. 2 in a tray for €5..or mix n match 2 trays for €8..includes kievs, Marlands, breaded drumsticks and goujons...Very good imho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Anyone else having problems with the app today? Keep getting "Couldn't process the request" error. The card opens but the app won't show anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

FanadMan wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with the app today? Keep getting "Couldn't process the request" error. The card opens but the app won't show anything else.

Yeah was like that for me at around 2pm, got no scratcher after my purchase and after coming out of the app I couldn't log back in.
    On the plus side it's back now, and I got 2 scratchers, oxo cubes and malted milk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

FanadMan wrote: »

Same for me, couldnt get access to the app at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

They added diet coke to the 2 euro off qpon btw, works out more expensive per can than full sugar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Yeah was like that for me at around 2pm, got no scratcher after my purchase and after coming out of the app I couldn't log back in.
    On the plus side it's back now, and I got 2 scratchers, oxo cubes and malted milk

It opened properly for me a few hours later and my digital receipt was there. Only got one scratcher though, for the malted milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Very strange one.

A digital receipt on my account is there from a LIDL store in Kilkenny on the 19th of October.... I haven't left Dublin nor been in a LIDL store in 3 weeks.

I have gained a €1 coupon from a trip to the shop that I never made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭lucalux

1huge1 wrote: »
    Very strange one.

A digital receipt on my account is there from a LIDL store in Kilkenny on the 19th of October.... I haven't left Dublin nor been in a LIDL store in 3 weeks.

Maybe someone forgot their app/couldn't get it working in-store, called out their number instead, and the staff member input a digit wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Its certainly possible, but it just seems like quite the coincidence.

• Advertisement

Its certainly possible, but it just seems like quite the coincidence.

I wouldn't think it's a huge coincidence. Get one digit wrong, and Bob's your uncle.

lucalux wrote: »
    I wouldn't think it's a huge coincidence. Get one digit wrong, and Bob's your uncle.

Bob is my uncle!
    This is getting spooky now!

Bob is my uncle!

Lads... the veil is thinning... easy known it's almost Halloween :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

The run of €1 off is up
    Only a free packet of malt biscuit this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

GY A1 wrote: »
    The run of €1 off is up
    Only a free packet of malt biscuit this time

Lucky you. I got stock cubes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Bob is my uncle!

Have you an Aunt Fanny?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,295 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I see that these have also appeared
    Pink Lady Apples 6 e1.99
    Broccoli 44c
    Butter 454g e1.75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

PopTarts wrote: »
    Lucky you. I got stock cubes :)

Free pasta sauce! Better than the malted biscuits and the popcorn which they never had!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Very strange one.

When did this happen? Sounds strange. 😬

zell12 wrote: »
    I see that these have also appeared
    Pink Lady Apples 6 e1.99
    Broccoli 44c
    Butter 454g e1.75

Brilliant offers this week, and more coupons that usual too! Annnnd I got €1 off scratch card!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Free pasta sauce here too.

I like the offers this week, doubled up on the butter, cobs, mini chicken fillets, pink ladies and grated cheese using my son's app too.

Hoping they will do their own brand wheetabix soon as even with the offer the wheetabix still far too expensive.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The information of what you're buying in their shop?

Usually does early on the day of the new offers.

Thought it was just me but have noticed every thurs there is something wrong with app once it was coupons couldn't be activated and then last week my app wouldn't load and another time it was working fine on my phone but the till wouldn't accept it but always seems to be on a Thursday when the new offers go up. I wonder if its worth waiting till weekend to use the app or just not bother at all. I love the app but its so annoying having issues every week and embarrassing at the till too. Haven't used it this week cos am afraid there will be issues but such good coupons!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    Brilliant offers this week, and more coupons that usual too! Annnnd I got €1 off scratch card!

Pity they don’t have any stock for at least half of the special offers..: went early this morn and no butter, no chicken mini fillets, no cheese... absolute joke

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had a €1 scratch card that expired on Thursday and got the butter for 75c.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

LillySV wrote: »
    Pity they don’t have any stock for at least half of the special offers..: went early this morn and no butter, no chicken mini fillets, no cheese... absolute joke

Think we need to do shopping on Thursday, hadn't planned to but my son missed the bus so I wasn't going to go in again today, so did shopping early.

It's a pain when the offers are gone, this happened me a few times especially kinder Buenos 😢.The app wouldn't work for me one day too, but get them to put in your mobile number, don't fret too much about people behind you, sure most of us hold up queue at some stage, just check to see if person after you has only item or two and let them ahead of you.

Just a quick sorry about that helps too.

Ring their customer number to complain.

When it works It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

LillySV wrote: »

I was in ours this morning at about 9.30 and got butter, mini fillets, bread, tissues, everything I wanted.

tscul32 wrote: »
    I was in ours this morning at about 9.30 and got butter, mini fillets, bread, tissues, everything I wanted.

Where u based ? I’m down in Galway... maybe the trucks of deals didn’t fully make it down... haha

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Went to lidl this morning and loads of stock, I’ve noticed the offers get wiped out Thursday mornings as it seems to be a popular shopping day for some reason but shelves get restocked fairly quickly

Maybe the stuff in the stores today so.... pity they hadn’t it yesterday ... won’t be be risking it going shopping there again for 2 items

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Went to lidl this morning and loads of stock, I’ve noticed the offers get wiped out Thursday mornings as it seems to be a popular shopping day for some reason but shelves get restocked fairly quickly

Thursday used to be restocking day in the 1980s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

From Thursday 29th

Butter Croissant 50% off
    Chef Select Slow Cooked Smoky BBQ Pork Ribs €1 off
    Taste of Boil in the Bag Rice 50% off
    Red Hen Chicken Nuggets 50% off
    Hunky Dorys Cheese and Onion 6 pack €1 off
    Fresh Turkey Breast Mince 50% off
    Diet/Zero Coca Cola 8 pack €1.50 off
    Comfort Fabric Conditioner €2 off

Advertisement