Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homemade Weed Lickers

• 16-11-2010 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Folks...
    Has anyone bought any of the homemade weedlickers like the ones for sale on Donedeal... this looks well made and uses similar principals to "professional" ones I saw at the ploughing...

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/1266223

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Are the wick type weedlickers such as C Dax, better than the rotating ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

wonder how long the belt would last?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Ashill5

I had a roller type before i bought a C-Dax licker last year. The C-Dax licker is a far better machine:D. You have no dripping what so ever. Where as with the roller type ,it's hard enough to keep all the carpet equally wet. especially on hilly ground where you have a lot of turning. With tha C-dax All you have to do is regulate it before you start and you don't have to worry again till you are finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Ashill5 wrote: »
    I had a roller type before i bought a C-Dax licker last year. The C-Dax licker is a far better machine:D. You have no dripping what so ever. Where as with the roller type ,it's hard enough to keep all the carpet equally wet. especially on hilly ground where you have a lot of turning. With tha C-dax All you have to do is regulate it before you start and you don't have to worry again till you are finished.

Could I ask what sort of €€€'s the C-Dax was ??

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Ashill5

I paid 1800euro 2yrs ago, but they have gone up since. I bought it in KenO'Neills in miltown (066)9767163. I had my own 75ltr tank for quad . You can get a tank to sit on top of licker though if you are pulling it with tractor. I know it will be a bit more expensive licker but far better.You should go on C-DAX website and you can see the licker and you would be able to find out where there's a dealer nearest you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

At the ploughing they were asking 2000 for the licker ,and 700 for the tank and regulator ,the latter seemed a bit expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nellyg

Have a homemade weed licker here for the last few years and over the past year has broken the crossover belt about 3 times.what would this be down to?any solutions or even a different system to turn the roller?cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nellyg

Have a homemade weed licker here for the last few years and over the past year has broken the crossover belt about 3 times.what would this be down to?any solutions or even a different system to turn the roller?cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We have a homemade and no problems with the belt.

Don't have it too tight.

You could go for a B section belt, thicker section.

• Advertisement
Advertisement