Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ryanair launch Car Insurance?

• 11-02-2008 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dub_Man

Just saw on breakingnews.ie that Ryanair have partnered with FBD to offer cheaper insurance. Looks like it's the same sort of 'No Frills' approach Ryanair take with the airline, but you can be sure it's going to be cheap!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/?jp=mheyidmhqlgb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Interesting.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

i tried to get a quote on the site, but it just hung.....

ohhh, well........maybe no frills ain't for me.

http://www.ryanaircarinsurance.com/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

This will only exist to make Quinn look good by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

There will probably be a clause that when making a claim there will be an administration fee more than the cost of the claim.....getting money BACK from Ryanair......try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Won't give me a full quote online but gave €223 for tpft (35yo on a 2.2l) which sounds alright. Then again, the price of our flights to Stanstead sounded alright too until they decided to cancel them and leave us to find our own hotel and transport at 11 at night.

Could Quinn's soon be the second worst insurance company in the land?

edit: Robbo beat me to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

Yeah, I tried to get a quote there, just to see a price comparison with what I'm now paying. The part where you enter your occupation is hilarious-I'm an engineer and neither 'engineer' nor 'consultant' were there, but 'travelling roadside shop' was :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just got quoted about 130 over what I'm currently paying, and my current policy has a lot of the extras. Dealing with Ryanair is bad enough a couple of times a year as it is, they would have to be saving me a huge amount to tempt me.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

SMM wrote: »
    Yeah, I tried to get a quote there, just to see a price comparison with what I'm now paying. The part where you enter your occupation is hilarious-I'm an engineer and neither 'engineer' nor 'consultant' were there, but 'travelling roadside shop' was :confused:

Wow, just said the same thing here. Nothing to do with computers, but travelling roadside shop is there!

Unable to quote on a Integra Type R, not a bad quote for my Avensis though. Will check them out next renewal time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I can Imagine Ryanair car insurance, You have to add extra premium for each passenger you have in the car and more for the luggage in the boot.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ha, they're quoting me over €100 more than I currently pay to Hibernian with loads of extras.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Stephen wrote: »
    Ha, they're quoting me over €100 more than I currently pay to Hibernian with loads of extras.
    What if you decide to change cars? I was hit with a heavy surcharge from my last company because I needed a swap for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Do they charge extra if you are carrying baggage in the boot! :D

(Run to da hills beat me to it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

LOL, their basic cover was cheaper than what I am paying at the moment but then tick all the boxes for the additional cover I have on my policy and it works out at over €230 more than I am paying now. And I'm with FBD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Look, regardless of Ryanars no frills policy and their approach to all of their business's -

Its good to see another provider in the market. Competition is no bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Just got a quote 966 wheras im paying 1100 with hibernian but seriously i wouldnt go near ryanair for insurance as you would never get a payout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cheeky Fellow

Hey...this has to be a good thing. Anything that might mean a better rate - even if it is O'Learys lot.

Will def be checking it out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Won't quote me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭Elessar

Interesting, initial quote was for 600 less than im paying atm for comprehensive with Quinn...

But then it wouldn't quote me fully?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

me neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

Just got a "No Nonsence" quote of €758 Fully Comp on My (still waiting for) New Opel Astra OPC valued at €38000, 26 year old Male living in Meath... They called me to say they couldn't cover the car due to the "performance spec" of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

bazz26 wrote: »
    LOL, their basic cover was cheaper than what I am paying at the moment but then tick all the boxes for the additional cover I have on my policy and it works out at over €230 more than I am paying now. And I'm with FBD.
    This is actually just FBD badged as Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

quoted me €2000 more than i am right now with quinn thats fire and theft on a Citroen xara

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's not quoting me because I selected the 2.6l+ option :rolleyes:

However cover on an €8k car with a 2.5l engine is €220 3rd party and €380 comprehensive which seems pretty competitive...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

€738.11....200 odd quid less then what I'm paying now. (Quinn, Fully comp)

And I just renewed last month :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

haha

They are working with FBD on this one so why are the Ryanair branch undercutting FBD by €200 from quotes on the different sites and what i am currently paying also

Damn FBD over charging me!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Imagine the hilarity trying to get them to pay out on a claim. Maybe if I was 17 and desperate, but isn't that what Quinn are for...?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I just put in my details, which was 19 year old male with 1 year no claims and got a quote of 2300!, i put that age up to 20 and it dropped to 750! that was on a 1.4 litre worth 3000. Madness, i wouldn't use them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

They won't give quotes for vehicles older than 1995. No good for me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Breezer

Ryanair won't quote me. I invented a no claims bonus and came out with a quote €120 over what FBD are currently charging me on their own for fully comprehensive. No thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I got a quote of €678 for my Focus ST but they could not process the quote.
    FBD will insure me on it but for around €1700.

I'll prob be like LarWright above and not get it due to being a "performance" Spec

Advertisement