Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disrespect by children in film

• 04-07-2020 7:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed that in many many TV shows and films, children talk to their parents in an abusive manner frequently.

As someone I heard say, if they even said a fraction of the things, they'd have a black eye or get kicked out.

Why is Hollywood normalising this? Zionist agenda?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Has anyone noticed that in many many TV shows and films, children talk to their parents in an abusive manner frequently.

As someone I heard say, if they even said a fraction of the things, they'd have a black eye or get kicked out.

What the f*ck is Zionist about kids being brats?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They're not normalising it. It's based on reality. People can't control their kids. Not all, but enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

IMO your posts should fall under crimes against humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,655 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I can’t say I’ve noticed it, but it’s definitely the Hollywood Zionist agenda!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Wow, you really buried the lede on that one, didn't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Treppen

You ever seen the little rascals? The original version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Children should be seen and not heard. Right, Mr. F?

How do you confuse the very "Woke" Hollywood with a Zionist conspiracy?

I'm genuinely curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's just a trope when writing movies and TV shows.
    Sure how many times have you seen the following: unruly teenager hates their new step parent / guardian but by the end they think they alright and everything is happy go lucky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

This is like one of those recipes that starts talking about their whole life story and random stuff first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Little Johnny actor needs a good crack on the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Hollywood is just pointing out what any parent or teacher will tell you. Kids can be as$holes.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Ultima Thule

Yes, and in adverts too. It's to influence the young people that they can do what they want. They will grow up and spend more money, as they think they deserve it.

There will be more money in the economy from this generation than in the generation from a controlled religious/strict environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

How does kids being brats fit in with Zionism OP?

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

At least there is one less 'Stein' after Holywood Harvey got caught out last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I’ve seen some mad stuff online blamed on “the Jews” but this one is definitely up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

It amazes me that this poster comes up with some sh!te. Seriously when I got stoned back in the day even I couldn't come up with some of the stuff that this person or computer generate program comes up with.
    My personal opinion is the program has a virus called mr feg. I see you came back to AH after not getting any hits in some of the other forums. Did you miss us or maybe you have some posters here that are convinced your real. Zionist and kids now what will it be next week. Martian and how they used weed to get male models into bed with aliens from jupiter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Collie D wrote: »
    I’ve seen some mad stuff online blamed on “the Jews” but this one is definitely up there.

it's antisemitic to equate Zionism with "the Jews", as you put it....

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

It starts with Peppa Pig. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Deer wrote: »
    It starts with Peppa Pig. Ugh.

Don’t get me started on the misandristic Peppa Pig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I guess they are showng the reality for many families these days. You see it often parents who won't control their children when they are well out of order and react badly to anyone who stops them acting up. Public buildings restaurants etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

This kids back chatting to parents thing is a worrying new development. I suspect it's down to PC Gone Mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Thats great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I think there is a huge element of American influence and the fact that they seem to find precocious kids hilarious. Watching a clip the other day of the Ellen show of a three year old, saying she was ‘fierce, fab and just a bit little bit bougie‘... the crowd were lapping it up. This is a real common element of American tv. There was also those other you tube videos of the 2/3 years old that did sketches about wanted her morning coffee.. millions of views, she was practically still a baby, primed to basically act like a grown woman.. utter nonsense, every word was fed into her mouth by some adult. Videos hit European audience and cue a lot of ****ty feedback about exploiting your kids and videos eventually stopped.

Kids talk back, they always have done but for some reason the line between raising a smirk for being cheeky and being an asshole got blurred somewhere over the last few years.

Just my two cent on it, my kids watch some amount of American drivel, it drives me up the wall, I can always spot that theme though, young child gives attitude, cue canned laughter..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Kylta wrote: »
    It amazes me that this poster comes up with some sh!te. Seriously when I got stoned back in the day even I couldn't come up with some of the stuff that this person or computer generate program comes up with.
    My personal opinion is the program has a virus called mr feg. I see you came back to AH after not getting any hits in some of the other forums. Did you miss us or maybe you have some posters here that are convinced your real. Zionist and kids now what will it be next week. Martian and how they used weed to get male models into bed with aliens from jupiter

I'm starting to believe it's actually an advanced AI in training. If you look back over its posts over the last few days its touched on the zionist theme a few times. Seems like it's constantly picking up stuff and working it into it's thread topics.

It's either the dullest ****poster in the history of mankind or an AI meandering its way towards skynet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I really wish you did not say that as I was with you up to that point, yes there is a few things which Hollywood has been pushing for years, broken families, abusive parents, abusive kids which might simply come down to giving the characters an interesting background, I remember some one saying who wants to see a perfect happy family? and in some ways I see their point if you want drama it is hard to do showing everyone as happy.

In real life I would prefer to see more focus and promotion on the nuclear family as that is what a stable happy society is made of and having the influence of both parents helps children grow into decent adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's called "conflict" and writers use it to create tension and engage the audience. It's not designed to be realistic.

Nor is the idea that kids get black eyes or kicked out of wherever for acting up. That's your agenda.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Yes. I have noticed. Hollywood rarely reflects reality.

lol A lot of people won't see the joke in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

In real life I would prefer to see more focus and promotion on the nuclear family as that is what a stable happy society is made of and having the influence of both parents helps children grow into decent adults.

You mean you the Cleavers/Bradys/Waltons/Huxtables and so on?

There's a reason they died out. Nuclear families aren't the norm any more and pushing them as such promotes a happy society idea that is so utopian it alienates audiences; and angers non-nuclear families who feel stigmatised.

(Of course, it doesn't help when the actor portraying head of said family and chief idealist turns out to be a rapist...)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

People won't agree with me, but kids started being cnuts when you could no longer give them a smack. It's also one of the reasons why I won't have kids, because I was raised by a father who ensured you knew who was boss, and it did me no harm, kept me out of trouble and made sure I didn't turn out to be a criminal, which I very easily could have been. And I would mirror that approach.

This talking approach doesn't seem to be working as well.

Advertisement