Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fish finder installation

Options
  • 12-11-2020 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking at installing a lowrance hook2 4x mainly for gps on a 19ft Angling boat. I have fins at the back which I think may be a problem. Anyone know if I can get it to work without getting rid of the fins. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Not sure what you mean by "fins at the back" but once the transducer is located under the water anywhere around the boat it will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Highway patrolman

I had problems with the same fishfinder I put the transducer on the keel it sorted it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Hi I'm looking at installing a lowrance hook2 4x mainly for gps on a 19ft Angling boat. I have fins at the back which I think may be a problem. Anyone know if I can get it to work without getting rid of the fins. Thanks in advance.

I know exactly what you mean, what make of lake boat is it? If there is enough room between the back of the keel and the outboard, it can be attached to the back of the keel. As far as I remember a Hook2 doesn't have down scan, so the transducer should be small enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

I know exactly what you mean, what make of lake boat is it? If there is enough room between the back of the keel and the outboard, it can be attached to the back of the keel. As far as I remember a Hook2 doesn't have down scan, so the transducer should be small enough.

It's an anglers fancy, the fin is fairly low down. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 onelastcast

If it is a problem to fit it would you consider having your fishfinder as a portable unit? I didnt want to fit my finder to my sheelin permanetly so bought a transducer bracket and installed my finder to a small toolbox with the battery inside. I can bring it up the country with me when i rent out boats which is a huge benifit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

If it is a problem to fit it would you consider having your fishfinder as a portable unit? I didnt want to fit my finder to my sheelin permanetly so bought a transducer bracket and installed my finder to a small toolbox with the battery inside. I can bring it up the country with me when i rent out boats which is a huge benifit.

I would prefer not to fit it permanently. Any chance you could pm me on a photo, it sounds like a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 onelastcast

I would prefer not to fit it permanently. Any chance you could pm me on a photo, it sounds like a great idea.

sure thing

Advertisement