Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The glorious 12th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

In reality less than half of the landmass/area of the north is unionist, (a virtual border many, many miles further in from the actual one).
    By 2021 perhaps also less than half the population will be deemed unionist.

7yLgztS.png

Of this shrinking amount of unionism, again it's only a small percent that bother with the 'fires or walking clubs in orange attire.
    Think most head off to Espania for their 2weeks in the sunshine and sangria and a bit of peace n' quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

In reality less than half of the landmass/area of the north is unionist, (a virtual border many, many miles further in from the actual one).
    By 2021 perhaps also less than half the population will be deemed unionist.

7yLgztS.png

Of this shrinking amount of unionism, again it's only a small percent that bother with the 'fires or walking clubs in orange attire.
    Think most head off to Espania for their 2weeks in the sunshine and sangria and a bit of peace n' quiet.

Where does Ian Jnr head to? Fire on the Maldives beaches?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

LOL!
    Love the reaction to this account when people don't notice it's a parody.

https://twitter.com/lanPaisleyMP/status/1149227758813372416?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Anywhere that is free, jolly, and 5-star of course.

Funny that the BBC (taxpayers) Spotlight TV show that investigated that debacle, sent their reporter (and film crew) all the way out there, just to take a quick look at the view of luxury spot where he stayed.

Happy to double-verify that they went to the correct sunny beach location if someone wants to supply flights, accom and expenses, in the good name of journalism etc, will take a few snaps and shop for souvenirs as evidence.

Anywhere that is free, jolly, and 5-star of course.

Funny that the BBC (taxpayers) Spotlight TV show that investigated that debacle, sent their reporter (and film crew) all the way out there, just to take a quick look at the view of luxury spot where he stayed.

Happy to double-verify that they went to the correct sunny beach location if someone wants to supply flights, accom and expenses, in the good name of journalism etc, will take a few snaps and shop for souvenirs as evidence.

True but wouldn’t exactly be a full investigation unless they went. Like most people who lecture us in religion/politics he turned out to be a hypocrite. Unionist politicians love to use their loyalist faithful as pawns in their game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It being a Friday and sunny to boot is going to take it up a few levels.

I pity anyone having to endure this annual drunken hate fest

• Registered Users Posts: 66,783 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    LOL!
    Love the reaction to this account when people don't notice it's a parody.

https://twitter.com/lanPaisleyMP/status/1149227758813372416?s=19

Shows you how close it is getting to the truth when that happens. A brilliant social experiment

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

frosty123 wrote: »
    Hatred & division??...and who are we to talk look at all the support SF and the IRA get down here ffs!
    Ra heads have their marches as well you know which are far more intimidating.

Not exactly a cultural thing though is it..

It's a few fat yobs playing dress up.. fairly lame equivocation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Wouldnt it be a shame if they all poisoned themselves and died in horrendous agony.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I see that the leisure centre bonfire was evacuated due to a 'suspicious device' and respected journalist jamie bwyson was issued a death threat 'by republican elements', who also left the 'suspicious device'. Dogwhistle stuff to further whip up the base

I doubt there are nationalists east of the bann, theyve all gone to donegal/sligo since wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Look how close it is to people's houses and blocks of flats. Madness

I wonder do any of those who built this bonfire live close to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Most Fertile Man in Ireland
    Glorious 12th night

https://youtu.be/UYB3RWn2HBk?t=2801

It's great their employers give them the time off to build the tower of pallets.

And it's great that they can get as many pallets every year!!! I always was of the opinion that some pallets, particularly the strong blue [Chep?] ones were hard to get. I'm sure there are farmers who are looking for pallets for putting under bales, turf etc, who wouldn't get them as easy. I'm sure all those pallets on the bonfire could be upcycled in some way.

I wonder if that guy would like a bonfire of that size built so close to his house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

frosty123 wrote: »
    Hatred & division??...and who are we to talk look at all the support SF and the IRA get down here ffs!
    Ra heads have their marches as well you know which are far more intimidating.
    "We"? Speak for yourself. I wouldn't vote SF in a fit, and the IRA did despicable things.

No they aren't more intimidating than 12th July marches.

Contrarian silliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

biko wrote: »
    The Most Fertile Man in Ireland
    Glorious 12th night

https://youtu.be/UYB3RWn2HBk?t=2801

A delightful fancy dress party attended by lovely gentle folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Odhinn wrote: »

Honestly hard to fathom that this carry-on goes ahead on this island. It's nuts. I'm not really all that nationalistic or patriotic to be quite honest but that rubs me up the wrong way. It's a nothing but an affront.

Well, do we have ignition? Is the poison pallet prod pyre lit? Any livestreams?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Imagine your mate told you he has joined a marching band and plays the flute? You'd rip the piss out of him. In the North its seen as role of status :pac:

Omackeral wrote: »
    Honestly hard to fathom that this carry-on goes ahead on this island. It's nuts. I'm not really all that nationalistic or patriotic to be quite honest but that rubs me up the wrong way. It's a nothing but an affront.

I remember a poster on Boards a while ago saying he can tell from a newspaper headline if the incident occurred north of the border. Not foolproof but accurate at least 90% of the time. A recent exampe - 'Man kills puppy with a hammer' - check.

• Advertisement

Imagine your mate told you he has joined a marching band and plays the flute? You'd rip the piss out of him. In the North its seen as role of status :pac:

Nothing wrong with that at all, most folk just enjoy the yearly parade, I don't see anything wrong with marching bands and the playing of flutes?

And yeah, the event was over three hundred years ago, but history is a strong thing.

The seige of Derry a year previous to the Boyne battle was an appalling thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,947 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

retalivity wrote: »
    I see that the leisure centre bonfire was evacuated due to a 'suspicious device' and respected journalist jamie bwyson was issued a death threat 'by republican elements', who also left the 'suspicious device'. Dogwhistle stuff to further whip up the base

I doubt there are nationalists east of the bann, theyve all gone to donegal/sligo since wednesday.

Yep somehow some nationalist managed to get close to that bonfire with all those people there lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Looking at tonight’s events on social media would reaffirm the idea that we are better off without the North for another few generations.

You’d rather they be a pain in the UK’s arse than ours.

Noveight wrote: »
    Looking at tonight’s events on social media would reaffirm the idea that we are better off without the North for another few generations.

You’d rather they be a pain in the UK’s arse than ours.

Have to agree with this.

Far too many southern nationalists are still of the territorial mindset. All about getting the six back.

No, thank you.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that at all, most folk just enjoy the yearly parade, I don't see anything wrong with marching bands and the playing of flutes?

It’s not just that though. The whole Orange day is based on an idea of supremacy as they won some battle over 300 years ago. The ‘we can do whatever we want’ attitude is what has made the north the divided society it is today.

It’s not just that though. The whole Orange day is based on an idea of supremacy as they won some battle over 300 years ago. The ‘we can do whatever we want’ attitude is what has made the north the divided society it is today.

True enough.

But the seige mentality still exists.

There's a deep insecurity there. We have to understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

The trouble with loyalists is that they are inbred ****tards. They are basically the NI KKK and in all seriousness listening to them speak you can see an uncanny similarities to the American Hill billies and the majority of Jeremy Kyle guests.

Their gene pool is decreasing and hopefully they will die out in a few years.

They can't be educated. Just look at the blank expression in their eyes. These are the same Frigging idiots that produce soccor hooligans.

Eugenics is the answer. Exams in school at a certain age and if you don't pass them sterilisation follows

Well, do we have ignition? Is the poison pallet prod pyre lit? Any livestreams?

Here's one.

So lovely to see our nation's flag set alight like that, amazing message to send to the children in attendance.

• Advertisement

The sheer size of this one. I don't know how they manage to get them built so high with work and everything to go to.

Advertisement