Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Orlando tickets

• 08-02-2010 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am heading to orlando in may with the gf. There are so may options out there for tickets and packages. I have a budget of as little as possible

If anyone can help with the following:

1- Should I buy before i go?
    2-Which package should i take considering i want go to disney parks and universal parks?
    3-If i should buy before i go where should i be looking?
    4- any other advise i need

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

This has been asked a few times before, if you do a search of this forum you should get lots of info. Opinion is pretty divided, some think you are better to wait til you get out there, personally I would always recommend that you buy before you go. I personally find it cheaper and just less stressful to have everything done before you go. Do make sure you buy from a reputable source, if something seems too good to be true then it probably is! Work out how many days you will be spending at each park and if you want to have the option of going to the Disney waterparks. The tickets range from a 1-day 1 park ticket to 10 day multi park with waterparks and hopper (the hopper option allows you to visit more than one Disney park per day - the base ticket only allows one park per day, but you can leave that park and revisit). If it your first time in Orlando, I wouldn't bother with the hopper, the parks are huge and you would need to spend at least one whole day in each park. I like going to a park first thing in the morning, heading back to the pool for a couple of hours in the afternoon and then heading back to that park in the cool of the evening. Reputable sites for Disney tickets are www.mapleleaftickets.com www.undercovertourist.com and www.ticketmania.com they each work out about $10 per ticket cheaper than the Disney gate price.

For Universal tickets, I actually always find their own website pretty good value. http://www.universalorlando.com/Tickets/tickets_2.aspx# . Expect to pay about €100 per person for a seven day non hopper pass. I know the tickets seem expensive, but they are pretty good value considering the amount there is to do in all of the parks. Have a great holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

we were there last july. the 2 of us paid $603 for a 6park 14 day unlimited useage.
    wet n wild, seaworld, aquatica, busch gardens and 2 universal parks. we paid at the gates to wet n wild. the prices were about the same as online at the time so we left it until we arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

ncmc wrote: »
    Reputable sites for Disney tickets are www.mapleleaftickets.com www.undercovertourist.com and www.ticketmania.com they each work out about $10 per ticket cheaper than the Disney gate price.

You can't get the Disney tickets cheaper than on their own website. They simply do not do discounted tickets.

OP if it's just you and the gf I'd suggest you only do two Disney parks - Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studio's. After that Seaworld, Universal, Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Plane Mad

hi i buy my tickets in dublin of this website they cater for the uk and irish market www.attractionticketsdirect.ie they send the real tickets out within a day or two i got a 14 day 2 park universal pass for 89 euro and a 14 day ulimate disney ticket for 249 euro i go to orlando every year and use them for my tickets they have an office in dublin too try them out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

cson wrote: »
    You can't get the Disney tickets cheaper than on their own website. They simply do not do discounted tickets.

OP if it's just you and the gf I'd suggest you only do two Disney parks - Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studio's. After that Seaworld, Universal, Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens especially.

I have bought from 2 of the above websites before and they worked out about $10 cheaper than the Disney gate price. I would imagine that these sites are selling so many tix of DIsney's behalf that they allow a certain small discount. But you're right, Disney don't significantly discount their tickets, so any offer you see while out there for half price tix usually involve a lenghty timeshare presentation or are second hand tickets that may or may not be what they seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Looking at tickets for Disney but all I can see is multi park type tickets. All we will really be going to is Hollywood Stuidos and Animal Kingdom. Can you pay into these seperate at the gate or do you have to buy some sort of multi entry ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Plane Mad

but you cant buy a 14 day disney ticket off disney they only do up to a ten day ticket thats why they seem cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Thanks for the replies ppl. One more question is it worth the trip to busch gardens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Just booking some tickets for our family trip in June.
    The best prices I found where at themeparkticketsdirect.com.
    I find it is better to buy before you go, but I suppose on how long you are going for?
    If you're only going for a week, then by the time you do the essentials: Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, SeaWorld, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure (each one will take about a day), you'll only have 2 days to rest!

If you're going for two weeks, then you have some time to catch your breath.
    Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios are both Disney - you can buy tickets at the gate for these. Last year they where $85 per adult, per park. Remember car parking is also $14 for the day.

Universal & IOA - I think the best value for this is the 2 park bonus ticket, at €91 each, for unlimited access to both parks for 14 days. Again there is a car parking fee. The new Harry Potter section might be open by May, so expect it to be busy.

SeaWorld tickets should be bought directly off the SeaWorld website, and atm, are $69 per person. BIG TIP: if you hold onto your ticket, and get it validated at the ticket centre, BEFORE you leave the venue, you'll get a second day free! :)

I've never been to Busch Gardens, too far away, too much else to do, so can't help you there.

It might be a good idea to "Theme Park" it one day, and have a day-off the next, maybe doing a bit of shopping or other sight seeing. The parks are soooo big, you'll be wrecked!

We're all heading out on June 5th, if you're still around, we can meet up for a beer! :)

Anything else I can help you with, just ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

i think busch gardens is really worth it. they have some great rollercoasters there. Shreikra is crazy. the park also has some great animal attractions. In the tiger area there is a glass dome that you can stand up in and your right in the area. In one of the alligator ponds you can nearly reach in and touch them, great photo. i'm planning on going back again this year. can't wait.

• Advertisement

Hey is anyone recieving the mousesavers email. I signed up today but would like to have a look at the discounts they offer. Please pm me if you have a copy and I'll send you my email so you can send it on. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 celandinesmith

Hi,
    Orland is the best place to go for amazing holidays and shopping.Orlando means one thing- great theme parks- and we are perfectly situated for all of the attractions which have made Orlando, Florida the vacation capital of the world. With championship golf, and shopping, less than five minutes drive, and Walt Disney World less than 15 minutes, this is the ideal location for your vacation in Florida!

Hey folks I came across this on tripadvisor website take a peak and let me know your thoughts It seems like good value to me.

"Hi I checked out the website for the One ticket www.tickettrips.co.uk/mastercard password NATWEST the tickets are £298 cheaper than if I booked them with Thomas Cook, What a saving I am over the moon, Thank You"

Ok all booked up now. 348 pound sterling each for all tickets which is a gret saving.. Use the link in my previous post

Advertisement