Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

• 12-10-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

Got 2 of these recently in double size. One for our new extension and the other for my sister. Very high quality bed. The bed is a semi orthopedic. Got them from bigmickey.ie - totally recommend as have bought from them before a few times.

http://www.donedeal.ie/bedroom-for-sale/bargain-bargain-bargain/7235063

The bed is manufactured in UK by Best Rest beds and the headboard is a wave leather model by Stuart Jones- www.stuartjones.co.uk The cheapest I could find the headboard anywhere is around €300 on sale and is as much as €450 in some shops so we got the complete bed for less than you could pay for the headboard on its own in most bed retailers.

We got the lot, that is bed, mattress and headboard for €399 each. Normal price is in the region of €850 so I think its a bargain worth sharing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Good few threads about bick mick on BA..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056152508

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055708962

I got a bed off him back in 2009, most of the family have got stuff off him at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

unklerosco wrote: »
    Good few threads about bick mick on BA..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056152508

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055708962

I got a bed off him back in 2009, most of the family have got stuff off him at this stage...

Well if we get 5 years out of these beds we will be happy but hopefully even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The Gride wrote: »
    Well if we get 5 years out of these beds we will be happy but hopefully even longer.
    Thinly veiled 'we wreck beds' post? :D

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Thinly veiled 'we wreck beds' post? :D

No, what I meant was for €399 even if we only get 5 years out of it the cost is only a little over a euro per week. We hope it lasts much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

looks good...

Just wondering, anyone who has bought from them...

Do they deliver in a van with Big Mickey on the side ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Joselyn Narrow Geisha

looks good...

No your delivery comes in a plain Brown envelope.

Alternative answer - Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

looks good...

Yep. The slogan on the van is:

" Big Mickeys"......."its not what you think!"

:D

• Company Representative Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

looks good...

If you place an order we will deliver whatever way you want. (within reason of course):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

If you place an order we will deliver whatever way you want. (within reason of course):):):):):):)
    nationwide?

ok its nationwide but how much to waterford

nationwide?

ok its nationwide but how much to waterford

Free delivery to Waterford also. We are in Dublin everyday. Not as often in Waterford but once ordered should not be too long. Tell us what you need and we will try our best for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

Hi

Do ye deliver to Kerry? What kinda discount would on expect in the monthly sale,

Rgds,

Brian

OP

What is the mattress like, can you advise on how hard it is?

briman1983 wrote: »
    Hi

Do ye deliver to Kerry? What kinda discount would on expect in the monthly sale,

Rgds,

Brian

This is a once off offer while stocks last.. The headboard offered is a Stuart Jones Wave leather headboard. Google it and see what the prices are in all the big shops. What we are offering the complete bed for |(base, mattress and headboard) is the price some of the big shops are charging for the headboard alone. Free delivery to Kerry also.

OP

What is the mattress like, can you advise on how hard it is?

On a scale of 1 - 10 I'd say 7.

The picture of the bed on Donedeal does not do it justice. I will try and post a picture of ours tomorrow. It looks far better in our bedroom.

ok I think you nearly have a sale!!!

Can you advise of what colours the headboard and bed are available in

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I'm interested in the kingsize,Will wait to see a proper pic before I order tho

Picture at last

10631170_564110367068051_6591384305687203596_o.jpg

we bought two of these off mick. waiting on delivery will report back. lovely guy

ok I think you nearly have a sale!!!

Can you advise of what colours the headboard and bed are available in

You can have them made in every colour and in fabric or on leather. You can even supply your own fabric and have the bed with matching headboard made from it. These are a quality bed. You really need to see them and try them.

we bought two of these off mick. waiting on delivery will report back. lovely guy

Apologies, did not know you name on boards. We will be with you by Wednesday of this week if not sooner. For others that have orders in :

Dublin tomorrow and Tuesday

Wicklow, Wexford ,Dungarvan, Limerick and Possibly Tipperary on Tuesday

Kerry Tuesday/Wednesday

We will be in contact with everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Apologies, did not know you name on boards. We will be with you by Wednesday of this week if not sooner. For others that have orders in :

Dublin tomorrow and Tuesday

Wicklow, Wexford ,Dungarvan, Limerick and Possibly Tipperary on Tuesday

Kerry Tuesday/Wednesday

We will be in contact with everyone

Are these beds still available, couldn't find them on the site?

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Are these beds still available, couldn't find them on the site?

Yes. We have laods of the beds but the headboards are nearly gone. Only about 20 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Thanks OP. Got a super King size delivered last night and Mick done me a great deal on a base with drawers. He's a gent, and I'll be buying from him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Michael mor, do you ever have any electric adjustable beds? Most of the main dealers here charge mad prices compared to UK.

Guessing you probably only deal in standard beds but thought I'd ask you anyway.

iPhone. wrote: »
    Michael mor, do you ever have any electric adjustable beds? Most of the main dealers here charge mad prices compared to UK.

Guessing you probably only deal in standard beds but thought I'd ask you anyway.

Hi

Yes we have and in stock. We have Silentnight and Rest Assured sets in stock. We have Single, Kingsize and Superkingsize.

It looks like you guessed wrong. lol Give us a call and will go through all for you. 086-8356888

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

do you ever have any electric adjustable beds? Most of the main dealers here charge mad prices compared to UK.

I know what you mean about the mad prices. I saw an electric adjustable bed at the Ideal Homes Show and thought it would be ideal for my mother but it was so expensive.
    Then one night she wasnt able to lift herself up out of her bed - she is elderly and has had problems with her spine. It was a case of get an electric bed or she might need nursing home care.

We rang Mick http://www.bigmickey.ie/shop/index.php because we already had bought mattresses from him. Now we had to wait a bit but it was worth it and again half the price of whats usually available here. We even got to choose the kind of mattress foam or pocket sprung. After using it for a bit my mother needed a bit more padding and Mick got a memory foam topper made to fit the bed by the same company and covered in the same material as the original mattress. ( She had gotten use to sleeping on a Harrison Mattress)

Thats one of the reasons I buy from him if there is anything that needs fixing or your not quite happy with, he will fix it. He has in my case and hes a gent. My mother refers to him as "Your friend Mick" and wants to know how I met him and how he gets such good beds. After sleeping on a Harrison Mattress my mother said all her life she thought a mattress was just a mattress, something you slept on when you were exhausted and only now has she had the chance to feel what its like to wake up without being sore or tired and to look forward to getting into something so comfortable.

The electric bed we bought is a double with two individual mattresses split down the middle which can be adjusted with a remote control at either side. You can lift both the top and bottom of the bed and it can be adjusted into whatever position you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭positron

bigmickey.ie, I wonder if you have good deals on bunk beds? We are on the lookout for a sturdy wooden unit, ideally in white, that can be split into two singles beds... We had a look around and the best we have seen so far is the dark solid wood model in Ikea (€299). Thanks in advance!

positron wrote: »
    bigmickey.ie, I wonder if you have good deals on bunk beds? We are on the lookout for a sturdy wooden unit, ideally in white, that can be split into two singles beds... We had a look around and the best we have seen so far is the dark solid wood model in Ikea (€299). Thanks in advance!

Hi, We have solid pine ones (85% assembled) for €225 but if you can wait for about 2 weeks, we will have a container of high quality white bunks that split in to two singles and there will be a really good offer on them. They are the same type as the Barcelona that is on our web site but will be much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I'm only sorry I wasn't around Tuesday to take delivery of mine:(

• Advertisement

tantipie wrote: »
    I'm only sorry I wasn't around Tuesday to take delivery of mine:(

Not to worry. We will get back to you a.s.a.p. As it's FREE DELIVERY we have to maximise the loads going all over the country.

Advertisement