Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I don’t know why we didn’t realise how small he was before ! My husband saw him on the news and said “ Has he shrunk “

Presidential material. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Trivial satisfaction, the Mr.Middleton catalogue is now printed on paper and no longer reeks of vile chemicals. Used to have to wash my hands after touching the previoys catalougues, they'd feel coated.

Also TH when I come across an Annie Liebovitz photo. She was the mistress of her art.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

So hard to capture this but bear with me...

Was stuck in a tailback on my way home the other day (two way traffic) just inching along.
    Up ahead at a shopping centre exit on the left, there was a woman trying to turn right to join the traffic coming against me.
    A few cars in front there was a white van to the woman's right and as a gap appeared in the traffice the woman saw an opportunity to edge out onto the road and looked left to try to move to the other lane, the white van accelerated almost running into the right side of the woman's car.
    He was completely out of line but from what I could tell (right arm out the window angrily gesturing) lost the plot.

Well what happened next just made so happy, as the woman turned right onto the opposite lane, she stopped by the side of the van, lowered her window and blew him a kiss and took off with a huge smile.

I would have paid good money to have seen his reaction. I am going to use that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

TH that I'm in the position to look after good staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

God I love Fridays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Golden Time and I'm smiling as I look at all the kiddies munching happily and listening to Beat Bugs "All You Need Is Love" (if you have smallies you'll probably know it ... if not, don't google it or you risk earworm for the day). One of my little Junior Infants arrived in this morning with a home-made Valentine's card for teacher and packets of love heart sweets for all the class. I'm eating a "Love Bug" one atm ... very appropriate as this little Bumbóg still has a cold. I'm also THH (trivially teacher happy) that he spelt my name correctly! This little Romeo is a right little divil at the best of times but there's a classroom filled with love (& sugar) atm so I'm giving him a free pass on divilment for the rest of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Frozen mixed veg!

I turned my phone camera on to take a photo of something but it was switched to selfie mode by mistake.
    My surprised face in the screen.
    First time in 2 years I looked like myself, and healthy. Ive had a few good weeks now and then when I gained weight but it always dropped off again. Was also suffering from dull stressed skin and dull eyes. Was causing loss of confidence. Very very pleased today. Feels like I've crested a hill Ive been schlepping up and sliding down on my face for 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Looking at my tomato seedlings and almost tasting the sun ripened fruits they will produce later in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Trivial satisfaction, the Mr.Middleton catalogue is now printed on paper and no longer reeks of vile chemicals. Used to have to wash my hands after touching the previoys catalougues, they'd feel coated.

Also TH when I come across an Annie Liebovitz photo. She was the mistress of her art.

Ordered a basically a bucket blackberry bush last year from them. Its fantastic and still going strong. The amount of berries it produces is loco, but it does make a nice wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Bredabe

There is a new piece equipment in the park gym, it's hard for me now but something to aim for.

Walking back from the gym, I found £10, sadly for them none of the businesses close by had staff on their desks.

Ordered a basically a bucket blackberry bush last year from them. Its fantastic and still going strong. The amount of berries it produces is loco, but it does make a nice wine.

Blackberry wine is gorrrgeous! Th just thinking about it.
    I had some blackberry brandy last summer, also yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dave Angel

Blackberry wine is gorrrgeous! Th just thinking about it. I had some blackberry brandy last summer, also yummy

Wicklow wines do a really beautiful blackberry wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I turned my phone camera on to take a photo of something but it was switched to selfie mode by mistake.
    My surprised face in the screen.
    First time in 2 years I looked like myself, and healthy. Ive had a few good weeks now and then when I gained weight but it always dropped off again. Was also suffering from dull stressed skin and dull eyes. Was causing loss of confidence. Very very pleased today. Feels like I've crested a hill Ive been schlepping up and sliding down on my face for 2 years.

I just came on here to read the posts, but now your post has made me happy. Well done you. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH this gif :3

tenor.gif?itemid=13476856

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

It's my godson's first b'day today!!
    His mam warned me not to go overboard on pressies as I've already got him loads....
    fair enough says Panda.
    Only got his bday cake, his first Munster outfit, 3 bags of clothes, some toys and a "babybum" pushalong bus that plays "The wheels on the bus" for as long as the batteries hold out ....I'm safe from her wrath am I not? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Any IASIP fans thinking of this during the current storm

310?cb=20100221235118

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

A poster offering to help just to be kind.

Genuinely appreciated :)

TH watching a spider rapelling down his web rope towards me. They are such cool little leggy action heroes.

Apparently the descent rope or thread is called his dragline. I'm not sure it suits it.

Also TH, about 6 or 8 weeks ago it was dark at this time. Ive just come in from cutting daffodils for the house, in a patch of sunshine between gusts and rain. Still grand and bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

TH watching a spider rapelling down his web rope towards me. They are such cool little leggy action heroes.

Apparently the descent rope or thread is called his dragline. I'm not sure it suits it.

Also TH, about 6 or 8 weeks ago it was dark at this time. Ive just come in from cutting daffodils for the house, in a patch of sunshine between gusts and rain. Still grand and bright.

My favorite are the jumping spiders.so tiny but so aggressive. Tarantulas are lovely but their fine hairs are an itching nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I'm smothered with a cold at the moment and cant take much as I'm growing a human, but TH my little dog - every time I sneeze she looks accusingly at me as if I have barked at her. People say dogs dont have expressions but this one definitely looks annoyed every time I "bark". She's so cute and funny :)

We've had Transition Year students on their work experience helping us in our classrooms these last two weeks. I would have taught all four when they were in Junior Infants 11 years ago and back then, three of them would have just arrived in Ireland with no English. It has been really lovely to see how wonderfully each is progressing and to chat with them about their hopes for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I just love looking at my cat washing herself.
    She's so precise and does it so languidly.
    It's a little miracle that they instinctively know how to do it.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

As a bit of a nature nut, I love to stand in the yard during the storm. It's riveting no idea why but it is. I often head to Ballybunion or out to a reclusive spot with my camera for a photo op.

Dan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Playing with my niece today and making her laugh so hard that she had to go to the bathroom to pee two times.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Guy Person wrote: »
    Playing with my niece today and making her laugh so hard that she had to go to the bathroom to pee two times.

Or looking to hide from her mad uncle.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Carbs, glorious, wonderful happy making yummy carbs.

A phone call that begins with "I've no news ... I just wanted to hear your voice".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy that I just managed to "walk" the 25 kg bag of coal. delivered last week, up the grassy drive, through the gate, up the concrete pathway and into the door before the next icy deluge struck.. ATTAGIRL! Made it by a few seconds!

Nothing happier than overcoming problems...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Could hear both kids upstairs. It sounded like they were killing each other so I shout up to settle it down. Missie comes down and rubs my head explaining they're only " making a movie ". A murder/horror movie it sounds like !!

Advertisement