Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the etiquette here??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

All sides of the hole were thick with “mess”. Thick with it. Once again I was left cursing the hair. I couldn’t get clean. I even employed the use of the kid’s “wet wipes” but still wasn’t up to, what I would call, an acceptable “standard”.

I hope you didn't flush the wet wipes Emmet. Very bad for the environment. You shouldn't be buying them at all to be honest. There are places in darkest Africa where the countryside is full of wet wipes clogging up rivers and streams, hanging of trees, interfering with yams etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Bullocks wrote: »
    Bidet, Emmet. That's what you should treat yourself to. By the sounds of things you would get plenty of use out of it. If you hang on maybe the greens will bring out a grant for them to save the rainforest

Good shout, B.

I did consider “perching” over the side of the bath and going at “it” with the hose but, in the end, I felt the full force of the shower, coupled with some suds, would work best.

Anyway, I’m still not sold on bidet “etiquette”. Especially when it comes to “drying off”.

I’m sure I’ve asked this before, but is there a “communal” towel or an individual set and then, maybe, one for guests?

I wouldn’t fancy “drying” with toilet paper as I’ve found drying my hands with the stuff can be, well, difficult. Lots of bits left on the surface.

I know the, more modern, Japanese toilet, or bidet, probably comes with a drying “setting” but I’m talking about the, excuse the pun, “bog standard” home bidet.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

I’m sure I’ve asked this before, but is there a “communal” towel or an individual set and then, maybe, one for guests?

Typically families will share the towel Emmet, much the same as a hand towel. At least where I've travelled.

I hope you didn't flush the wet wipes Emmet. Very bad for the environment. You shouldn't be buying them at all to be honest. There are places in darkest Africa where the countryside is full of wet wipes clogging up rivers and streams, hanging of trees, interfering with yams etc.

This was an emergency, U. Extenuating circumstances.

Now, first off, these wipes are the “flushable” kind. I understand that that doesn’t make them any better for the environment but they are better than the “regular” ones. I’ll admit I did go through nearly half a packet but, as I said, it was an emergency.

Rest-assured, I shall endeavour to “offset” the excessive usage via other avenues.
    Typically families will share the towel Emmet, much the same as a hand towel. At least where I've travelled.

Ugh, I’m not a fan of that. I’d like my own towel, please.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This was an emergency, U. Extenuating circumstances.

Now, first off, these wipes are the “flushable” kind. I understand that that doesn’t make them any better for the environment but they are better than the “regular” ones. I’ll admit I did go through nearly half a packet but, as I said, it was an emergency.

Rest-assured, I shall endeavour to “offset” the excessive usage via other avenues.

Ugh, I’m not a fan of that. I’d like my own towel, please.

Hairdryer Emmett, one foot on the floor one on the pot, setting lowish and keep a good spread ………. happy days.

They have these kind of aerosol ‘bombs’ which if held over the ‘tincter’ area and activated, send a cloud of perfumed powder all over the giblets.

A little dab with the hand includes the muzzle area and it’s very ‘contained’ no dust all over the place.

A small tip of cling film over the bell end if you don’t want the matt finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,830 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Now, first off, these wipes are the “flushable” kind.

They're not really, though. Still a quick route to an appointment with Dyno-Rod.

Life ain't always empty.

They're not really, though. Still a quick route to an appointment with Dyno-Rod.

Look, I’ve been through this. I know they’re not the “best” but I was in the middle of a bloody EMERGENCY!!!

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

Just spit on the double velvet, it cuts through the layers with ease.

Be careful you don’t poke a finger through as it dies affect the structural integrity of the TP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Slideways wrote: »
    Just spit on the double velvet, it cuts through the layers with ease.

Be careful you don’t poke a finger through as it dies affect the structural integrity of the TP

You strike me as a two-ply sort of guy.

We use Kittensoft Velvet Dreams or whatever it's called. Ignore the soft cushioned side though, the flat textured side is usually the one you want :)

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Hairdryer Emmett, one foot on the floor one on the pot, setting lowish and keep a good spread ………. happy days.

They have these kind of aerosol ‘bombs’ which if held over the ‘tincter’ area and activated, send a cloud of perfumed powder all over the giblets.

A little dab with the hand includes the muzzle area and it’s very ‘contained’ no dust all over the place.

A small tip of cling film over the bell end if you don’t want the matt finish.
    The attention to detail is excellent. Most professional. You wouldn't be a Painter & Decorator, Brendan?

No sockets allowed in the jacks in this country though.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No sockets allowed in the jacks in this country though.

Extension lead under the door. I do it all the time for the beard strimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

This is where the Europeans are way head of the game- bidets. Makes up for the rubbish sewerage system where you cannot flush papers down the toilet. But then again better for the environment.

My parents had one installed when they built the house in the mid-80s (now gone). I only ever used it for washing my football boots as a young lad.

The attention to detail is excellent. Most professional. You wouldn't be a Painter & Decorator, Brendan?

The Brenner is many things but would not have the skill to be a Painter and Decorator .
    Not allowed near any items of DIY as previous attempts have been minor disasters.

Plenty of theory, but sadly no skill, although use the same system as Sligojoek ...the extenno lead under the bathroom door for ... well.... certain tasks.

Great to spot that someone else does that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

This is where the Europeans are way head of the game- bidets. Makes up for the rubbish sewerage system where you cannot flush papers down the toilet. But then again better for the environment.

My parents had one installed when they built the house in the mid-80s (now gone). I only ever used it for washing my football boots as a young lad.

Not sold on the bidet tbh. No one washes their car using water only. You will still need a sponge or brush to get the dirt off. Must be the same as the sheriff's badge. Surely just directing a stream of water at the badge won't do much. You're still going to have to do some sort of extra cleaning to get it ready for the road again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Some Asian cultures (Thailand in particular) use "bum guns" which afford more freedom than a bidet for hosing the hoop.
    I don't know if they have a jet wash setting for the more stubborn Klingons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Some Asian cultures (Thailand in particular) use "bum guns" which afford more freedom than a bidet for hosing the hoop.
    I don't know if they have a jet wash setting for the more stubborn Klingons.

I’d say some of the “regulars” here would need something on this “scale”

trailermed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I’d say some of the “regulars” here would need something on this “scale”

trailermed.jpg

Now that's a bum gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Was on Grafton Street earlier, needed a dump and havn't been impressed with the Brown Thomas facilities of late. M&S are not particularly nice so made it quick smart up to the Westbury.

Another very pleasant experience, wife is sick at the moment so no 'entertainment' last night for Valentines so took advantage of the nice surroundings and no kids with me for a leisurely Thomas the tank.

Highly recommended.

• Advertisement

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Was on Grafton Street earlier, needed a dump and havn't been impressed with the Brown Thomas facilities of late. M&S are not particularly nice so made it quick smart up to the Westbury.

Another very pleasant experience, wife is sick at the moment so no 'entertainment' last night for Valentines so took advantage of the nice surroundings and no kids with me for a leisurely Thomas the tank.

Highly recommended.

Filthy kernt :mad:

Filthy kernt :mad:

Hey, had to take advantage of the warm quiet surroundings. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Hey, had to take advantage of the warm quiet surroundings. Nothing to be ashamed of.

All depends on where you “went”. Splooging all over the seat, back of the door, the walls or, even, on the floor is just not cool. At all.

The best course of action is to employ the use of a “tulip”, the “wankerchief” would be a close second.

The key really is not leaving “clumps” of your DNA all over place. Dried jizz looks disgusting on white tile.

The tide is turning…

All depends on where you “went”. Splooging all over the seat, back of the door, the walls or, even, on the floor is just not cool. At all.

The best course of action is to employ the use of a “tulip”, the “wankerchief” would be a close second.

The key really is not leaving “clumps” of your DNA all over place. Dried jizz looks disgusting on white tile.

Oh l get you now - I'd never leave jizz anywhere where it can be seen, now that would be unsavoury behaviour.

It was a seated job until the moment of near release, stand up and shoot into the throne and flush, job done and nobody knows the wiser.

Anyway back on topic, they really are nice facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Oh l get you now - I'd never leave jizz anywhere where it can be seen, now that would be unsavoury behaviour.

It was a seated job until the moment of near release, stand up and shoot into the throne and flush, job done and nobody knows the wiser.

Anyway back on topic, they really are were nice facilities.

FYP

Anyway back on topic, they really are nice facilities.

Have to say that what you’re doing is just plain reckless. All is takes is one stray “rope” and there’ll be an “off-white” stain going down the underside of the lid, or on the back tiles. Vile to look at.

Now, I’m assuming you’re taking the “rifleman” stance, one knee on the floor, when you approach the bowl? And that you’re pointing the “muzzle” towards the water. Even so, things can be unpredictable when you’re reaching the “vinegar strokes”.

I really think you should be using a “tulip”, some call it the “champagne flute” but that’s just tacky. What you do is you take a load of toilet paper and wrap it around left, or weaker, hand. Then you grasp the end at the finger tips and twist, this becomes the “stem”.

Once you ease your hand out your left with a open area with a sealed bottom. This allows for maximum “collection” without any spill.

Even if you’re one of those who has to “frube” out that squibbly custard you won’t end up leaving any traces, although you might want to start drinking a lot more water.

While I may not approve of what you’re doing I will wish you well with your future “endeavours”.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

No, steam is the method of choice.

Squat over a good kettle, muzzle to spout, not too close, let the matter soften and then clear with a dishcloth or rough sided dish sponge.

The badge will be shining like a newly minted Euron.

:( I hope ye don't use the blooy kettle for making the tea later!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Highly recommended.

Tell us the truth now. There was no "dump" requirement at all, was there?

All them young wans out innocently shopping along Grafton Quarter got the blood pumping, and you had to make it quick sharp someplace for an Allied Irish

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Tell us the truth now. There was no "dump" requirement at all, was there?

All them young wans out innocently shopping along Grafton Quarter got the blood pumping, and you had to make it quick sharp someplace for an Allied Irish

Have been guilty of having to whack one out in the office after walking around the area for lunch but no, a dump was required yesterday...that led to other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Have been guilty of having to whack one out in the office after walking around the area for lunch but no, a dump was required yesterday...that led to other things.

Shwanking has never appealed to me as an idea and I’ve never tried it. Golfing buddy of ours swears it’s a top class feeling and we need to try it - seems the combination of a meaty bolus crowning combined with hitting the vinegar strokes is a sensation you simply have to encounter.

He’s a dirty cünt at the best of times though.

Advertisement