Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a 2 day old tuna sandwich safe to eat?

• 30-03-2009 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

I left it in the office fridge Friday, ate out. Today however I have no lunch, and kinda fancy a tuna sandwich.
    Does two day old tuna make you sick? I made it Thursday night, it on brown, and it’s the tuna from a can, with mayo and sweet corn mixed in.

Will a 3 day old tuna sandwich make me ill. (results tomor) 6 votes

Yes. Your penny pinching ways have caught up with you. Let this learn you.
    0% 0 votes
    No. Your truly a pioneer, like many trailblazers before you.
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Its a well known fact that Tuna becomes lethal if not consumed 48 hours after being put in a sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 aboutjo1

CiaranC wrote: »
    Its a well known fact that Tuna becomes lethal if not consumed 48 hours after being put in a sandwich.

Eat it, its grand. I've eaten tuna sandwiches that have been left lying for months on end. Not a bother.

Enjoy ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Is the office fridge working properly? If so, the sandwich might be ok. Bear in mind though that if it isn't ok you could be really ill with food poisoning. Is it worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

aboutjo1 wrote: »
    Eat it, its grand. I've eaten tuna sandwiches that have been left lying for months on end. Not a bother.

Enjoy ;)

Sweet, that’s all I wanted to hear. On the way home, I think ill scour a few O Brien’s sandwich bins, search for some goodies in them.:pac:
    Is the office fridge working properly? If so, the sandwich might be ok. Bear in mind though that if it isn't ok you could be really ill with food poisoning. Is it worth it?

Judging by the fairly severe reaction of most of the posters, I'm going to say no, its not worth it. I will probably just bin it.

Thanks for advice guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Ah eat it, it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I wouldn't eat that sandwich if it was fresh!!!!! :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No. That's 3 days also, by the way. Assuming you made it Friday morning before work, it's been about 75 hours. I wouldn't eat tuna after 24 hours, tbh.

All right. Here we go, Im going to eat it. If I comedown suddenly ill over night due to it, Ill post back up here. Fingers crossed.

6 hours later, feeling ok. Panic wasnt necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Food poisoning generally takes 12 - 48 hours to present. Just FYI.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

oxygen wrote: »
    6 hours later, feeling ok. Panic wasnt necessary.

Still ok this morning?

No reply - I hope the tuna sandwich hasn't taken its revenge :eek:

No reply - I hope the tuna sandwich hasn't taken its revenge :eek:

haha, no I had a particularly busy day yesterday.

Feeling fine, no ill effects. So there ye have it, three day old tuna sandwiches are safe. Go ahead and eat with reckless abandon. :)

4 Yes 4 No, and I was one of the 4 No.
    Looks like the Yes' got the vote victory, but the No's got the actual victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Told ya so :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'm a chef and I say this.

I wouldn't serve it to anyone else but I'd have no problem eating it myself.

Advertisement