Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound/Motherboard Drivers

• 08-07-2005 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I can't find my motherboard driver CD and was wondering if anyone can help me find these drivers.

I'm not sure exactly wha the motherboard is but I know its made by Asus and the sound in built in. All I know about the sound is that it was powered by SoundMax.

I've searched the internet but have been unable to find the correct drivers.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

try opening the case and looking at the board itself. most boards will have very large bold letters with the model number on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

try the DELL soundmax drivers for the Dimension 3000 series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

it says

Asus P45800-MX

I serached the net for these driver but i cant find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

For the P4S800-MX

SoundMAX Audio Driver version 5.12.01.3665 WHQL for Windows 98/ME/2K/XP
    Here

And other drivers for the board Are here

:)
    CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

Ok, thanks for the links.

Problem though. I cant seems to intall the sound drivers and I don't know what a .awd file is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

bump!

...anyone got any ideas

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

P45800-MX doesn't look right, are you sure it wasn't P4P800-MX as in pentium4 800fsb, in which case here are the links to that mobo's sound drivers part1 part2 part3, extract them all to the same folder and run SoundMax.part1.exe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

whos what now?

why cant you install from the link above?
    i downloaded it and its a zip file,
    no awd files at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Mist wrote:
    Ok, thanks for the links.

Problem though. I cant seems to intall the sound drivers and I don't know what a .awd file is.
    Awardflash? The thing where you push F12 of somesuch to flash the bios? Just a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

yeah i checked that too, the link cc gave is fine, extract the contents of the ziip file and run install.exe, and yeah now that i see it P4S800 is more likely than P4P800

awardfish??? there isn't even a .awd in the zip file

• Advertisement
Advertisement