Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAYTO CHEESE & ONION CHOCOLATE BAR 35g

• 30-03-2013 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Already posts on this over in After Hours.

New Tayto bar It will be Launched as a Limited Edition on 15th April

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Wut? I dont even....

Spose its not fair to judge before I try one but...kinda got the feeling it might not be all that nice. Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Washout

tasted a bit on friday... absolutely vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

From Tayto Facebook:
    Mmmm! I've had lots of questions about my new Tayto chocolate bar so here it is! It’s not cheese & onion flavour as some of you had said but a delicious milk chocolate. Its only available in Tayto Park at the moment so be sure to pick up one next time you're here!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Had one today... Not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Some people are saying the bar is just milk chocolate but it DOES have bits of Cheese and Onion crisps in it!
    Saw them in my local Spar today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Bought one for novelty factor, definitely has bits of cheese & onion crisps in it and it tastes like armpits (or at least what I would imagine armpits would taste like). Repeats on you as well!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd imagine the crisps lose their crispness mixed into the chocolate.
    A few weeks ago I melted chocolate and half-dipped Tayto crisps in them and left them to set (I'd seen it on a blog). They were amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pancakebatter

Has anyone seen where they can be bought in Cork City?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I got them today in town in spar their not too bad. I think it's better just to have the crisps and the bar separately as it's not as nice in a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

I think it's better just to have the crisps and the bar separately as it's not as nice in a bar.

That would seem like the best way to eat it. I mean, you can easily control the ratio of crisp to chocolate and not what Tayto thinks the ratio should be. Time for a homemade recipe. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Bought one in Ringsend. The chocolate needs to be much thicker and more packed with crisps to make it work.

A miss from me I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm curious as to why Tayto said on Facebook that the bar was not cheese and onion flavour when it clearly is.
    Not tried it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The normal bar is just chocolate but this one is limited edition and has crisps in it. I can't imagine it being nice tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Where can these be got in Dublin? Which Spars?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Where can these be got in Dublin? Which Spars?

They have them in the O'Connell St. Spar haven't tried and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Got one in spar Tallaght village today wont be buying one again just did'nt
    taste right.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

they tasted them on the ray darcy show today. mairead and jenny loved them but aftertaste isuues. cant see why tayto facebook said they were only available in tayto park because todat fm said they were available in shops and clearly people on this have also bought them in spars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

A few weeks ago I melted chocolate and half-dipped Tayto crisps in them and left them to set (I'd seen it on a blog). They were amazing :)

Noice. You can actually buy packets of fully chocolate-coated crisps in the US. Haven't tried them but I'm not at all averse to the idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dylan051

Sure you've heard of these chocolate bars .
    Anymore know where they can be bought?
    My ma would love these !

I'm in Dublin so preferably northside

thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

dylan051 wrote: »
    Sure you've heard of these chocolate bars .
    Anymore know where they can be bought?
    My ma would love these !

I'm in Dublin so preferably northside

thanks

The very first active thread on this forum is about these bars. I've merged your thread in with it.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    The very first active thread on this forum is about these bars. I've merged your thread in with it.

Sound, on the phone so you can understand how I'd miss it :-P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

dylan051 wrote: »
    Sound, on the phone so you can understand how I'd miss it :-P

I've deleted your second thread also. Please do not start any more threads on the topic and keep all discussion to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭BrianJD

A girl in work opens a bag of Walkers (hates tayto) and crumbles a flake into it....eek.pngeek.pngeek.pngeek.pngeek.png

Faith wrote: »
    I've deleted your second thread also. Please do not start any more threads on the topic and keep all discussion to this thread.

again, accidental double post

BrianJD wrote: »
    A girl in work opens a bag of Walkers (hates tayto) and crumbles a flake into it....

what is this sorcery!???
    sure its just like maltesers with popcorn in a way, or has no one else done that before :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

there terrible value and nothing on a dairy milk and a pack of taytos.

3/10 (mainly for effort)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Finally bought one today and I nearly got sick.
    The taste of cheese and onion when I swallowed the chocolate was really disgusting.
    Won't be buying again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Hi all, ive heard there are new tayto bars out on the market and me and me hubby are dying to try one. Any idea where to buy them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

sounds gross! never heard of it til now.

you could just eat some taytos and take a bite out of a bar of chocolate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

Reminds me of Coolock back in the 70's. Tayto and Cadburys would fire up the engines early in the morning, beside each other. Holy God I'll never forget the pong when both smells met. VILE.
    Keep your bar, thanks.

Advertisement