Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Parties

• 18-08-2009 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Im currently of the age that quite a few of my mates are getting married so that inevitibly leads to the stag party.

Of the ones I have been on,they all been remarkably civilised.Of course there was an obscene amount of drink consumed but apart from that they were very well behaved,no strip bars,no fighting etc.

Best one I was on was in Newcastle a last year.The stag was a toon fan so we did the tour around St James Gate,went for dinner etc.We managed to get tickets for the Newcastle v Man United match on the Saturday which was awesome as Im a Man U fan.The only down side was we were in the home end so I had to restrain myself from going mad (we won 5-1) for fear of been battered by the many,many fat tattooed Geordies we were surrounded by.

The reason I go thinking about them was because today my best friend from secondary school rang me to invite me to his stag in Amsterdam the end of October.

Ive never been there but of course have heard the stories so was wondering if anyone had been on a stag there and what was it like.TBH I have zero interest in strip bars or any of that malarky so what else is there to do in the city?Im hoping Ajax will be in town that weekend but aside from that wouldnt have a clue.

Anyway.

What are your own thoughts on stag weekends?
    Are they just an excuse for a mahoosive session or are they a right of passage for the Groom signifying the end of singledom?
    What are you best/worst/funniest stag stories?
    Also,if you have any info on Amsterdam then feel free to chalk it down too.
    :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Never been to amsterdam or on a stag party. They sound like crazy good fun though.

My uncle went on a business trip to amsterdam though, bankers and such. They went to some posh café and were having just normal food etc. and not smoking or taking advantage of the legal weed. One of the guys ordered brownies because he has a massive sweet tooth, and was assured they were normal brownies and not the funky ones.

He ate them himself and all was grand. They were sitting there havin a beer or two and chatting. All of a sudden the lad who had eaten the brownies gets up out of his chair, starts screaming and runs out of the café down the street with the other lads following. He was lost for a good 6 hours or so and he was finally found curled up in a bush, naked, in the fetal position crying. They took him back to the hotel and looked after him there.

Turns out they were laced with LSD, the guy could see his body get up and run away from him as he was his soul. Or so he thought. No matter how hard he ran his body was able to out run him. He believed he was now bodyless and was destined to roam the earth for the rest of eternity.

Cracked me up something awful. My bet is the café owner was p¡ssed off with the guys being tight arses and decided to spice it up a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Thats fecking deadly.Must avoid places like that.Nobody deserves to see a naked and tripping out Ned running about the place,nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭mjg

I lived in Amsterdam for a few weekends and it's a great spot for a stag. Once groups don't cause trouble, anything goes within reason.

I visited at Easter, one bar I was in, mid afternoon, had a big english stag group in there. The owner kept throwing free shots etc. out to them to keep them in there. I was only in there for one and had to leave because of the noise, but they were having a great time.

Enjoy it, great spot to go on the p#ss with a gang of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I dont get it why go out on a truly mad bender id rather a beach party with all my mates and windsurfing yes please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I have to agree with Ned. You should resist going. But if on the other hand you feel that your presence will mean that the party will not get into any mischief then it is your duty to put your own feels to one side and go. Its the tight thing to do and you will hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Went on one so far. The lapdancing club made the night. Not the girls to be honest, it was just great craic as I don't think any of us had been in one before. But surreal but a lot of fun.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Genltmen's Club n00b here! Greetings all.

I have been on five stags over the last number of years. Liverpool was my favourite - just a crazy city but weekend went so smooth. Went to Carlow on another and it was such a laugh, pretty much the same people who went to Liverpool - everyone just wanted to have a good time and no trouble makers. Cannot wait for the next one :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Did the lads weekend in amsterdam before a long time ago now that I think about it.

Had a very good time. I didn't go into any strip clubs, though we did go to a sex show (more out of curiosity than horniness tbh). I'll save you some money; It was sh*te. Walking around the red light district is an experience. It's not something that every city has so worth seeing (though sleezy and tbh I felt very sorry for the ladies in the windows off the main strip).

Apart from that, we did drank quite a bit (as groups of lads do), danced a bit and ate well. One thing that I'd recommend if you've a few days there is getting out of the city to the 7 flags theme park. It's about a 40 minute train journey away. We had a feckin' class day there. Of course it's to be avoided if you're badly hungover. :D

Ya the sex shows/strip bars/prozzies would hold no interest for me.I know most of the blokes going and they would be the same.

Except one,he's just a degenerate.Great craic though.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

went to Amsterdam on my stag last year.

Had a long weekend of it and tbh it was great craic, but I think that was as much to do with the people as the place. Amsterdam is a good place alright, but not as good as I had hoped. The dope cafes etc are nothing to write home about unless your into that kinda thing, coffee was good though.

The Red Light District gets old pretty quickly too. It's an experience the first or second time you go, pretty surreal alright but after that it's just a load of skanky looking birds in bikinis with the odd hottie thrown in for good measure.

There are some great pubs alright, we frequented one called "The Pint". If you go there, get the crazy barman to show you is photo albums. He is into he MMA and has some great pics of people like Chuck Lidell beating the crap out of him. He also has a good few stories to tell. He also has a special album of his various trips around th world. He showed us that one after the 3rd visit, not for the faint hearted I tells ya.......

Me and my mates would be into the old dance music and they had organised a VIP entry in one of the better clubs. Now that was cool. Bottle service on the table, in the roped off area, away from the plebs and a large amount of modeleque ladies floating around. Was out having a smoke and got chatting to a lovely lady, told her i worked for Sony music and we were over doing some recording with the DJ. Girl dropped into the conversaton that she was a singer, and proceeded to serenade me in the smoking area. Wanted my feedback and if I thought she could make it :eek:

btw, they love chips over there, was very strange, but they love them.

• Advertisement

Something like that VIP club entry sounds perfect.How much did it cost and how would one go about booking something like that ie do you do it online or can you book it when you get there?

We are going the October Bank Holiday weekend - Saturday morning until Monday.

it wasn't cheap but was a great idea. went we walked up to the club there was a huge queue. just find somewhere you like and then email them. nearly all clubs will do this sort of thing as long as your not a scumbag and can pay lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

check out the supper club - always have a blast there. They have beds instead of tables, and no written menu - you eat what you're given!

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/public/venue_listing.jsp?categoryId=1&currentVenueId=587

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

went on one to warsaw a few years back twas a weekend to remember... what happened in warsaw stays in warsaw though :D

we booked it through http://www.pissup.com/warsaw... they looked after accomodation and provided 2 local polish hotties to bring us around the bars and clubs for the weekend, they were able to get us anything and i mean anything :D

nuff said

pics or gtfo ;)

Advertisement