Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mark King -v- Quinten Hann Boxing match???

• 29-04-2004 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

From Wednesday's Daily Start
    Snooker bad boy Quinten Hann rocked the sport after challenging conqueror Andy Hicks to a fight at the Crucible this year - and he now has the chance to show his boxing credentials.
    Aussie Hann is to take on Brit challenger Mark King - the world number 22 - in a sanctioned fight over four two-minute rounds at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on June 11.

Clash
    Hann and Hicks had to be seperated by referee Lawrie Annadale after their first round clash in Sheffield.
    Following a 10-4 win for Hicks Hann said: "You're short and bald and you can have me outside any time.
    King said: "I can't wait to smash his face in. Andy Hicks is a good bloke and Hann was just picking on him. Let's see how he gets on with me."
    :D Go on King! Any truth in this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Yeah it's true alright - was reading about it yesterday in a newspaper

Hopefully King will knock the **** out of the Aussie twat

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Yep, was reading it in yesterdays Sun & the winner collects £10,000. Should be a good laugh, Mark will crush him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

I was at the Snooker in Citywest and I watched the second round match where he beat Stephen Lee.

He really is a loud mouthed prick! He was cursing his way around the table and throwing the audience dirty looks.

I was sitting in the seat beside his girlfriend and she kept staring at Stephen like she was trying to put him off his game or something!! :rolleyes:

It was strange..

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

More on the story here on Breakingnews.ie

Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

if king is as dumb as he looks i think its "Ding Ding!!"
    The only reason Hann picked on Hicks is cos he thinks he'd have him. I've never had time for Hann. Theres a touch of the old Val Kilmer about him.
    Grade A tosser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Kings always talking about how he should start a new job nows his chance ;) . Will it be televised and if so on what channel .

sanctioned by the ABA , awh I was hoping it would be a pro fight .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Odd's from PP:

King: 2/7
    Hann: 9/4.

How will the Boxing Match be Won?

King K.O: 5/4
    King on Points: 6/4
    Hann K.O: 12/1
    Hann on Points: 10/3
    Either player to be disqualified for hiding snooker balls in their boxing glove: 66/1.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

well well well...0003994A-28B5-10A3-B89880BFB6FA0000.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

I can't believe Quinten Hann won.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by DMT
    I can't believe Quinten Hann won.
    Did he? Any more info?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yes, unfortunately he did. It was a points decision - no knock outs :( . Apparently the animosity they had towards each other was increased just to hype up the match - well duh! They even managed the pre-fight fight :rolleyes:

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=107281642&p=yx7z8z348&t=sport

hopefully Hendry and Osullivan will get in the ring some day .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

More info on the Beeb website here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/3797515.stm

I'm surprised he won too, thaught King would flatten him.

Advertisement