Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good power shower that is not noisy or low noise?

• 16-07-2019 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Would you know a good power shower that would be very low on noise? Also how do you check how noisy an appliance is on the spec?

We got the Triton Silent Electric shower which is excellent but for downstairs we need a power shower and the one I got installed is extremely noisy...you can hear that shower in China! lol

I was thinking of this one:
    Suprajet SJ100 Power Shower:
    http://www.theshowerdoctors.ie/suprajet-sj100-power-shower.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

beya2009 wrote:
    I was thinking of this one: Suprajet SJ100 Power Shower:

I had to double check check the year that you posted this. Supajet went out of business because the quality of their showers were so bad they spent a fortune fixing them under warranty. The shower doctors were the service agents for superjet under warranty so they know how bad a shower they were. I'm surprised at them for selling a shower that they know is a terrible quality and that when it breaks they can't even get parts to repair it. Stay away at all costs.

Almost all power showers make the same noise as the motor is a standard brush motor in them all. The only shower on the market right now that is silent is an electric shower called the Triton T90SR. This has a brushless motor. This is not a power shower.

I'm sending you a PM about a shower you might consider.

beya2009 wrote:
    We got the Triton Silent Electric shower which is excellent but for downstairs we need a power shower and the one I got installed is extremely noisy...you can hear that shower in China! lol

Im a deamon for skipping over parts of comments and missing important bits of information. What is the make and model of the power shower you already have installed downstairs? Not every power shower easily replaces another. Some are top entry, bottom entry, rear entry etc. Some have hot on the left & some on the right. Some are even low voltage & may need to be rewired if replacing with a different shower.

If we know the make and model of the existing shower it will be easier to recommend a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭beya2009

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Im a deamon for skipping over parts of comments and missing important bits of information. What is the make and model of the power shower you already have installed downstairs? Not every power shower easily replaces another. Some are top entry, bottom entry, rear entry etc. Some have hot on the left & some on the right. Some are even low voltage & may need to be rewired if replacing with a different shower.

If we know the make and model of the existing shower it will be easier to recommend a replacement

Thanks for the help Sleeper12. The one we have now is:
    Triton Aspirante Thermostatic Power Shower All Chrome - AS2000XT Aquasensation
    and before that we had a Supajet 100 or something.

The new one we have works perfectly but it's noisy, especially if you increase the power.

beya2009 wrote:
    The new one we have works perfectly but it's noisy, especially if you increase the power.

The shower I mentioned in the PM should be a direct replacement for AS2000XT

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

Hi
    Triton are launching a silent AS2000 power shower in September

• Advertisement

anheneti wrote: »
    Hi
    Triton are launching a silent AS2000 power shower in September

No one is supposed to publicize that information till the launch in August. It's a secret. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No one is supposed to publicize that information till the launch in August. It's a secret. :D

Oops😂

Advertisement