Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom call forwarding

• 30-04-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I would like to forward calls from my landlines to my mobile, but only after the landlines has rung out for a while!

I have rang Eircom and asked about this and was told it's not possible.

Other phone providers out there offer this services such as Imagine WiMax!

Unfortunately I can not change to them at the moment because they only offer bundles and I do not have 20 euro a month at the mo.

I'm on Eircom free line rental for 10 months at the moment and I only receive calls on the line so I'm not actually being charged anything.

I cant move to NTL either for other reasons

Is there a solution to my problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I would like to forward calls from my landlines to my mobile, but only after the landlines has rung out for a while!

I have rang Eircom and asked about this and was told it's not possible.

Unfortunately I can not change to them at the moment because they only offer bundles and I do not have 20 euro a month at the mo.

I'm on Eircom free line rental for 10 months at the moment and I only receive calls on the line so I'm not actually being charged anything.

I cant move to NTL either for other reasons

Is there a solution to my problem ?

Call 171

Type your pin as 1234#

Then type in your own pin.

From here you can forward calls to your mobile if they call that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Krazzzzy Kay

Thanks for the reply but that was not what I asked!

I only wont the call forwarded after it has rang out long enough so that if I'm at home I can still just answer the phone.

But if after 15 rings say, I want it to then forward the call to my mobile.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Imagine WiMax uses very different technology to your eircom phone like, as such they really can't be compared as alike...the same goes for UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭techno-allah

If you don't want to miss a call when you're out you can put a divert on it then.

Dial *21* your mobile number and then #. Then just take it off when you're back by dialing #21#

Cabaal I did not say they were alike! I mentioned that WiMax offered the service I wanted.
    why can I not compare the 2? There technologies might be different but they both offer a phone service! which is what I am referring to.

techno-allah if you had taken the time to read the thread properly you would have seen that I am not looking to simply divert the call.

I am fully aware of *21*

If I use the divert option (*21*0851234567 #) I have to manually input the code and my number every time I leave my house and undo it when I return.

way to time consuming and completely impractical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭techno-allah

Well looks like it's a case of tough sh*t so if you can't take 10 seconds to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If I use the divert option (*21*0851234567 #) I have to manually input the code and my number every time I leave my house and undo it when I return. way to time consuming and completely impractical.

Save *21*0851234567 # as a speed dial on your phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Krazzzzy wrote:
    If I use the divert option (*21*0851234567 #) I have to manually input the code and my number every time I leave my house and undo it when I return.

way to time consuming and completely impractical.

store it on a speed dial like I do :)

Almost perfect!

such a simply procedure to solve my problem.

speed dial will do nicely till I can afford to change over to WiMax

thank you very much Stench Blossoms and Sponge Bob.;)

thank you techno-allah also as it was your comment that got me to were I am. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closed as this is not a Consumer Issue - and the OP has received an answer

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement