Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunny Tyres(Brand) - Opinions

• 30-01-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭

What are people's opinions on Sunny Brand Tyres?

I have never heard of them and Google is not turning up much.

Boss thinks he got a good deal, I just think he is a tight a*ss and was robbed by the salesman. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK they're very cheap 'economy' tyres. On my last car, some little feckers burst three of my tyres, went down to my local garage to get them replaced. Since I was on a shoestring budget, I asked them to put the cheapest tyres they had on it. Sunnys were what I got, €43 per tyre including fitting. I found them grand to drive on, but then again, I wasn't driving anything fancy that you would need to put high end tyres on.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

They're an ok budget tyre,had them on a civic once on the back and she swapped ends on a bend one wet night and i wasnt pushing it,hence the name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

alo1587 wrote: »
    They're an ok budget tyre,had them on a civic once on the back and she swapped ends on a bend one wet night and i wasnt pushing it,hence the name :D

And you class that as ok for a tyre :eek:

Don't skimp on tyres, similar thing happened to me years ago driving a 106gti with rubbish tyres on the back.....major change of shorts moment :p

Never bought budget tyres again, I'm on my 4th set of goodyear eagle f1's now, very good tyre but I'm going to give michelin pilot sports a go next.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

they made in China, they using some old 20 years or so shapes, poor quality when you want to balance the wheel, perhaps you can save few quid if buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Cheap tyres aren't worth their savings. The only saving I want my tyree to do is save me from ending up in the ditch.

Would your boss be boasting about the deal he got on a piece of offal he bouught instead of steak? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they're shocking. tyres aren't something you should scrimp on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

colm_mcm wrote: »
    they're shocking. tyres aren't something you should scrimp on.

Also noticed earlier. I have 3 directional tyres and one standard thread tyre on the car. Obviously he thought he was getting a great deal but the guy only had 3 of the same tyre left and said nothing. (All Sunny Tyres)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I got cheapo Roadstar tyres because I couldn't get a branded tyre before the NCT. They are brutal, Probably 50% less grip then the tyres I took off! I'll never buy a unknown brand, or tyre I can't find a review of again.

Amazing how many places in Dublin only have cheap tyres in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

NEVER EVER cheap out on tyres.

They are the only thing that grips the car to the road!

Saving €20-30 is not worth your life if you have to do an emergency stop

Advertisement