Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewellery Query - Getting my ring redipped!

• 23-08-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi all - anyone know anywhere with a half decent price?? Any recommendations? I work in Dublin 2, just off Grafton Street so needless to say I am avoiding the jewllers there. Sky high prices!!! It is a white gold ring which I need redipped!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

Vincent O'Neill aka Goldfinger on South Anne St. is very very reasonable. I think my wife got her white gold ring resized and dipped for €10 and later got a diamond remounted and two rings dipped for €25.
    Other people also recommend Patrick Glynn on Middle Abbey street.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

A ring resized and redipped ( I presume you mean re rhodium plated ) for a tenner , and a diamond reset and 2 rings re plated for 25 quid ...... You'd hardly get a cup of coffee at those prices in Grafton st..........

Yes - rhodium plated and resized for €10 - that was four years ago but the second visit was only three months ago. Actually it was a posting on boards that tipped her off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

Good man , nothing like giving people out of date advice :), by the way anyone looking for cheap petrol , the esso station on the ballymun road is 97 cent a litre ....... Well it was when I passed it 4 years ago lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Hi - I went around to Vincent O'Neill yesterday and he is €10 for a ring to be redipped. So no inflation on prices there. Thank you for the tip off, you have saved me a small fortune.

And the esso in ballymun? Might just try that out, ya never know haha!

• Advertisement

Good to hear you got sorted.
    Glad to be of help.
    :D

Advertisement