Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying a House off Plans

• 26-10-2018 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

just looking to get peoples thoughts on the below.

We recently put a booking deposit down on a new build that is currently under construction so we selected the house based on the site map provided to us by the agent.

It's a mid terraced house with no driveway, instead from the front of the house is a pathway leading onto a 'green area'. We have allocated parking elsewhere within the development. All the above we are very happy with and have seen previous phases to the exact same as what we purchased off.

During the week I pulled down the approved plans just to have all the information before any contracts are signed. According to the approved plans the green area is infact a 'play area' which I can only assume is a playground.

Would this be a concern and would you feel the agent site map should have represented this? Obviously we are buying a mid terraced house so this is probably something other people are going to note during the contract stage.

All the houses within our budget are sold so we have no remit to simply switch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Best not take anything the estate agents says at face value.

Even if it's just left as a grassy area it may de facto end up being a playground.

• Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Site map (the one the EA will show you) is usually for illustrative purposes only.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

If you don't want to live right beside a potential playground I'd pull out or see if you can get into the next phase for the same price citing that they should have made it clear. I bought in a new build off plans during the last boom over 10 years ago, personally I'd never buy off plans again, we actually got slightly lucky with the one we picked being that we were slightly elevated to our neighbours but nothing on the plans showed that and the neighbours front room must have been very dark from the wall overshadowing them. A house at the end of terrace was attached to a crèche, nothing on the plan showed this, I believe the buyers fought to get a reduction on the price when they discovered this.

Advertisement