Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What kind of posters annoy you the most?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

People who refer to various non existent "brigades", that seem to be populated by those who disagree with them. They never affiliate with any equivalent brigade of their own. The "PC brigade" Brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Well... it's most, if not all, people really. Same as in day-to-day life.

Don't take it personally folks, it's me that's the cunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Omackeral wrote: »
    Anyone who refers to their partner/other half/spouse as Mr. or Mrs. [Insert whatever their own username is here]. Die should be infracted and possibly charged.
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    But it's much more preferable to that DH/DW/DS/DD bollocks, surely?

I assume you mean out there in the world? Here on boards, I would usually say "Mrs E".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Posters who churn out undigested, meaningless soundbites like 'PC brigade, sheeple, bleeding-heart liberal, self-loathing, do-gooder, West Brit, nanny state....' and many many more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Magenta wrote: »
    People who refer to their husband/son/daughter as dh/ds/dd. This is not Mumsnet. Die.

Posters with no sense of perspective. If my DS were to tell me to die, he'd get a clatter across the back of the head, and then there would be calls on here for me to be strung up by my balls, another poster would chime in that I should be beheaded, while yet another poster again would chime in that I should be locked up for life and the keys thrown away because they only behead people in those uncivilized far eastern countries that are full of religious nutters.

Because wishing death on anyone is so much more civilized.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Posters with no sense of perspective. If my DS were to tell me to die, he'd get a clatter across the back of the head, and then there would be calls on here for me to be strung up by my balls, another poster would chime in that I should be beheaded, while yet another poster again would chime in that I should be locked up for life and the keys thrown away because they only behead people in those uncivilized far eastern countries that are full of religious nutters.

People who take sh1t too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 gesler

new posters are a pain in the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

In the Relationship Issues forum, it's pretty much a guarantee, that no matter what that thread is about, someone will chip in with a suggestion that the OP get tested for STI's.

Two posts down, there will invariably be another poster suggesting that the OP and their partner attend 'couple's counselling'.

It's like a pavlovian response for some posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

wazky wrote: »
    People who take sh1t too seriously.

Remember that obvious irony I talked about earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

In the Relationship Issues forum, it's pretty much a guarantee, that no matter what that thread is about, someone will chip in with a suggestion that the OP get tested for STI's.

Two posts down, there will invariably be another poster suggesting that the OP and their partner attend 'couple's counselling'.

Sounds like good advice to me. Perhaps there should be a sticky saying as much in that forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Remember that obvious irony I talked about earlier...

Remember when I followed all your previous posts and analysed them so I got the next "joke", I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

People who refer to various non existent "brigades", that seem to be populated by those who disagree with them. They never affiliate with any equivalent brigade of their own. The "PC brigade" Brigade.

It's called the "Heartless Wanker Brigade", the people who would go to Direct Provision centres to laugh and shout "LOL starving n****rs!"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It's called the "Heartless Wanker Brigade", the people who would go to Direct Provision centres to laugh and shout "LOL starving n****rs!"

Do people actually shout "LOL"?!? Surely they'd just laugh?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

People who start a thread looking for advice on something, then get lots of it and never return to the thread or say thanks :mad: Or worse, they don't like the advice they're given and bitch about it.

Perpetual devil's advocates. They'll show up on any thread just to give a counter-argument, and think of themselves as the sole voice of reason as everyone else is just soooo unreasonable. Pains in the arse.

Incessant flirters clogging up each and every thread with shíte. Amusing for them and literally no-one else. Same goes for oversharers about their sex lives. Are we really supposed to be impressed? Are you really that insecure?

Bitchy posters...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

People who use American spelling. It's an Irish website.

The hilarious lads who can't read 1 thread by a single female poster without making leery remarks. Also the hilarious lads who ask female posters for photos when they mention they are single. Also the geniuses who make dumb, sexist remarks about "wimmenz lol".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The kind of people that appear to camp perpetually in personal issue threads dispensing non-qualified advice, most of it ferociously moral and unequivocal to wild acclaim and thanks from all the other hobby agony aunts/uncles.

Also "join a club" "take up a new hobby" and "go travelling".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Posters who can't put the handbags away AKA everyone on this thread. :pac:

Where is love people? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who use American spelling. It's an Irish website.

The hilarious lads who can't read 1 thread by a single female poster without making leery remarks. Also the hilarious lads who ask female posters for photos when they mention they are single. Also the geniuses who make dumb, sexist remarks about "wimmenz lol".

Has anyone mentioned the passive aggressives yet? :P

By the way, that's directed at you, lest I be accused of same :)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the passive aggressives yet? :P

By the way, that's directed at you, lest I be accused of same :)

I didn't realise I'm the only passive aggressive person on the whole thread!
    Do I get a prize?

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    People who start a thread looking for advice on something, then get lots of it and never return to the thread or say thanks :mad: Or worse, they don't like the advice they're given and bitch about it.

Perpetual devil's advocates. They'll show up on any thread just to give a counter-argument, and think of themselves as the sole voice of reason as everyone else is just soooo unreasonable. Pains in the arse.

Incessant flirters clogging up each and every thread with shíte. Amusing for them and literally no-one else. Same goes for oversharers about their sex lives. Are we really supposed to be impressed? Are you really that insecure?

Bitchy posters...

:pac:

you know what they say about those who talk about it... :)

Do I get a prize?

You definitely are not....the whole thread is a passive aggressive swampfest. We're all sharping our knives for these upcoming beers. :pac: T'will be some craic altogether.

Do I get a prize?

You're not, that's what I stated it in the plural. Passive aggressives.

You definitely are not....the whole thread is a passive aggressive swampfest. We're all sharping our knives for these upcoming beers. :pac: T'will be some craic altogether.

I bet we'll all be nice as pie. I'm listening to "imagine" with one ear phone and typing in this thread...the irony is not lost on me :)

I bet we'll all be nice as pie. I'm listening to "imagine" with one ear phone and typing in this thread...the irony is not lost on me :)

Only time will tell. I'll be bringing my pocket knife just incase. :P

Come on now :)

Do I get a prize?

No, but you can go travelling, or join a club, and you know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Has anyone mentioned the passive aggressives yet?

No.

Thanks so much for bringing it up though.

If you lose your pocket knife, just pluck one from my back:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Do I get a prize?
    you know what they say about those who talk about it... :)
    You're not, that's what I stated it in the plural. Passive aggressives.
    eisenberg1 wrote: »
    No, but you can go travelling, or join a club, and you know....
    anncoates wrote: »
    No.

Thanks so much for bringing it up though.

Multi quoted bollocks to me is a straight TL:DR

The do gooder brigade which boards has an awful lot of - "Well if you haven't paid your TV license you have no reason to complain that you are being sent to prison, you broke the law after all".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement