Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Low fat koka noodles

• 15-12-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

I bought them in spar a few weeks ago and they were the nicest ones ive ever had went back and all of a sudden they dont sell them anymore

Tried dunnes,tesco,aldi,lidl,superquinn none of them stock it

Anyone know where i can get my noodle fix ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

i know i loved them too, cant find them either. The original ones are soooo fattening. They dont have the nutrutional content on them but i email the company who imports them and it work out as 10 points in weight watchers. OUCH !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

foodaholic wrote: »
    i know i loved them too, cant find them either. The original ones are soooo fattening. They dont have the nutrutional content on them but i email the company who imports them and it work out as 10 points in weight watchers. OUCH !!!!

I know thats why i dont eat the other ones i asked the manager of my local spar to stock them again for me and he obliged should be getting them this friday with a bit of luck

which spar

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Tesco and Aldi's versions have a lot less fat in them so I use the flavour packet from normal Koka with the lower fat noodles. :D

A bit wasteful I know but they're not expensive and I need my Koka fix without the calories. I put stir fry veg in too to make them go further.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I would of thought koka noodles were pure carbs? lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

which spar

spar in applewood

le_girl wrote: »
    Tesco and Aldi's versions have a lot less fat in them so I use the flavour packet from normal Koka with the lower fat noodles. :D

A bit wasteful I know but they're not expensive and I need my Koka fix without the calories. I put stir fry veg in too to make them go further.

i was thinking of doing the same thing, but thought it was a bit sad but its not just me that loves the koka noodles. will defo give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Davei141 wrote: »
    I would of thought koka noodles were pure carbs? lol
    Fair bit of fat in many noodles. The carbs might cause you to get fat more than the fat anyway. A single pack of mcdonalds supernoodles can be around 600kcal, yet many consider them "healthy" or low in calories for some reason. Thats more calories than a big mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Sodium is high in these kind of products? I thought of the way they're made, not too good for you, regardless of fat content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 polkadott

does anyone know the nutritional information on these there is none!!!and i like them but too afraid to be eating them as do not know whats in them you know?

• Advertisement

the ones in the pack are

Instant Koka Noodles packets: 455 Kcal or 1912 KJ per 100g

fat content is 19.95grms per 100grms

I think it works out as 10 points in WW

got boynne valley to email me, they import them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Toweroverme_x

the ones in the pack are

Instant Koka Noodles packets: 455 Kcal or 1912 KJ per 100g

fat content is 19.95grms per 100grms

I think it works out as 10 points in WW

got boynne valley to email me, they import them

Thanks, i've been wondering about that for SO long.

I can tell you now, i wont be eating those ever again, 85g a pack so thats 386 kcal and 17g fat per pack. Ill be on the look out for those lo fat ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭BaileysComet

I once wrecked the noodles :( so I opened up a new packet and used the flavour satchet from the ruined noodles. So 1 portion of noodles with 2 flavour satchets. It didn't work out like I hoped.

Koka noodles are the only ones I'll eat. The McDonald ones are so thick, to me they feel like greasy little worms.

Advertisement