Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The Netherlands have no CGT at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭One More Toy

unkel wrote: »

Be right back I'm booking my plane ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Is bitcoin atms the only way around kyc. Their fees are ridiculous though

Are you trying to completely avoid KYC or are you just having a problem meeting exchange requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

If I get it right, there is no CGT because they have a wealth tax instead. I.e. each year you are taxed 1.2% of your net assets value (excluding your primary residence and any amount below 20000 euros).

If that is correct it is pretty crap for a crypto holder, as it means every year you have to hand out 1.2% of the euro value of your holdings to the taxman (even if you haven’t disposed of those assets).

Edit: this seems to confirm it: https://www.expatbriefing.com/country/netherlands/taxation/investment-taxation-for-expats-in-the-netherlands.html

Same for NZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Is bitcoin atms the only way around kyc. Their fees are ridiculous though

www.localbitcoins.net

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Anyone else holding any ZIL these days? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

el diablo wrote: »

how kosher is this?

how kosher is this?

For Chuck Norris; very.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Anyone else holding any ZIL these days? Thoughts?

Staking not as big now as a few weeks ago, it started @ 29% , now @ 21%

The gZil is massive incentive though

Could potentially double your account in 12 months in terms of quantity, not to mind potential growth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

how kosher is this?

It's safe. Just make sure you use someone with a high feedback score and a high amount of trusted verifications.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Well, can't say I was expecting that LTC spike but I certainly enjoyed it.
    I do need to move away from my very outdated mindset of BTC/Gold, ETH/Silver and LTC/Bronze mindset for my allocations though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Oh yes. :D

then its time to sell if everyone is feeling excited ;)

Even XRP has hit $0.30, something is wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    then its time to sell if everyone is feeling excited ;)

Even XRP has hit $0.30, something is wrong :D

Yes something out of place in the Universe alright. I’ve a feeling there will be many new XRP etc bag holders after the next bull run. Human nature. The only friend I have who owns Bitcoin also owns XRP despite knowing nothing about XRP or Ripple. Only owns it because it seems cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

****'s getting real! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Whelo79 wrote: »
    ****'s getting real! :D

$17,000 worth of real!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Novogratz is saying $65,000 this cycle :)

Yes something out of place in the Universe alright. I’ve a feeling there will be many new XRP etc bag holders after the next bull run. Human nature. The only friend I have who owns Bitcoin also owns XRP despite knowing nothing about XRP or Ripple. Only owns it because it seems cheap.

I think the Spark token airdrop might be influencing the price, could see a rise up until the 12th Dec and then a big sell off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Some of you may be aware that JohnnyFlash passed away on Sunday evening.

Believe it or not but he was actually a hodlr of BTC. He never believed in the whole thing (as he posted here ad naseum) but he did buy a modest amount early on. Sad that he never got to cash out. I hope he had the good sense to include the keys in his will to his two sons.

If he was still around I'm sure he'd be in here banging on about tether and scams accounting for the latest uptick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Is it wrong to be sceptical of the above post and to think it's some form of wind up initially?

I can't help but think there has been a battle of split personalities and Pintman Paddy has been the victor, therefore retiring the persona of Johnny.

Sincere commiserations to the man known as Johnny Flash and his family. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Hmm strange to announce even no matter true or false

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

This is what im confused about as a noob.

If I put 1000 euro into bitcoin today and its goes back to its ATH of circa 20,000 ill make a few quid.

But if i put 1000 euro into ripple and it goes back to its ATH of 3.17 ill make an even bigger wedge.

The merits of both coins aside and if we just think of bull run mentality and ensuing hysteria its not a massive leap of faith think ripple could get to 4 quid. You'd clean up no?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

You’re right Whelo79, you’ll clean up on the XRP but the if/when it drops, your loss will be severe. Penny stocks are always riskier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If paddies assertion is true.
    Ar dheis de go raibh a h-anam.
    R.I.P Johnny flash.

He is a poster that will be missed. For his opinions, his willingness to argue his corner and funnily enough even tho often opposed to my own, his politics.

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    This is what im confused about as a noob.

If I put 1000 euro into bitcoin today and its goes back to its ATH of circa 20,000 ill make a few quid.

But if i put 1000 euro into ripple and it goes back to its ATH of 3.17 ill make an even bigger wedge.

The merits of both coins aside and if we just think of bull run mentality and ensuing hysteria its not a massive leap of faith think ripple could get to 4 quid. You'd clean up no?

The funny thing is noobs will try to get in on the fomo and see the price of bitcoin at 17k or whatever and think no way can I afford that, nit knowing they don’t need to buy a full one

So they will most likely head down the list from top and see cheaper alternatives and think well if bitcoin can go from 1c to 17k, then maybe xrp can do something similar
    Or another crypto

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's how loads of coins make money for their creators not their owners. People want to dabble, think the missed the bitcoin boat and buy something that is 3 cent. Not wondering why it is 3 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If he did die on Sunday evening he was checking Boards right to the end:

XWcy8rQ.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's plausible. If true, RIP JF. It has not been a blast but I wouldn't wish death on anybody*

*not strictly true, but JF would not meet the criteria

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement