Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭greasepalm

it has also been noted that if using an external skin it may crash your box,try removing skin and use one from plugins to see if it still does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maunderevents

greasepalm wrote: »
    it has also been noted that if using an external skin it may crash your box,try removing skin and use one from plugins to see if it still does it.

I tryed that still same I even wiped hardrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Ok thanks
    Maybe I will jus try it sure can always do it again if it won't work with your new image
    No going to wait till you out new image up
    My tv is 720

It will work but you may get no display as my image is definitely set to 1080p, I've checked. If this occurs see if you can navigate through the menus with the box buttons. I'll have a new image up in the late evening. I'll pm you when it's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maunderevents

Hey I have it working all done working great issue is fixed have your picons etc on box
    Thanks again for your help box is defo best box I have had very fast 😊😊😊
    Just hope record issue don't start again it at night it happens will update later

I've updated my backup once again, this image is now set to 720p.

448722.png

448723.png

448724.png

448725.png

448727.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 P.C

Hello The high horse brigade

I am far behind you guys with the box
    Can I use your back up as have open Vix loaded on to the box.

P.C wrote: »
    Hello The high horse brigade

I am far behind you guys with the box
    Can I use your back up as have open Vix loaded on to the box.

Yes, just follow the guide to flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Hi all have my Tivar set up after a long slog, mostly

My small problem. I have all my Irish and UK channels set up and have a 7 day EPG for the Irish ones

But the UK ones are iffy. Some are now and next others like Channel 4 can see next 24 hours ahead and some can't even see what's on now

In fact some can't see what's on for next few hours but can see all the programs for tomorrow?

Would it be taking a while to load in or what?

Hi all have my Tivar set up after a long slog, mostly

My small problem. I have all my Irish and UK channels set up and have a 7 day EPG for the Irish ones

But the UK ones are iffy. Some are now and next others like Channel 4 can see next 24 hours ahead and some can't even see what's on now

In fact some can't see what's on for next few hours but can see all the programs for tomorrow?

Would it be taking a while to load in or what?

You need to setup CrossEpg and set it to download the Epg to your hard drive daily. If you don't have the plugin download it

sugarman wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question, but could I use that image on another box with similar hardware or would I run into all sorts of problems?

No, each box has unique hardware. You could brick the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Hi,

I don't see any softcam in the plugins on the box. Can anyone point me in the right direction to download a softcam for nC+card ?

Thanks.

You need to setup CrossEpg and set it to download the Epg to your hard drive daily. If you don't have the plugin download it

Thanks it's looks ok but says no nim value. That's apparently the tuners but they are set up ok

Thanks it's looks ok but says no nim value. That's apparently the tuners but they are set up ok

Have you sky UK open TV set in CrossEpg open TV providers? You're saving CrossEpg to HDD not local flash?

Have you sky UK open TV set in CrossEpg open TV providers? You're saving CrossEpg to HDD not local flash?

I relocked the sat tuners as well as added some extra packages from XTML providers and most have filled in

Still stuck with 11 channels not picking up tho. S4C Wales is the only one I care about that isn't filling

I relocked the sat tuners as well as added some extra packages from XTML providers and most have filled in

Still stuck with 11 channels not picking up tho. S4C Wales is the only one I care about that isn't filling

I have full Epg for every channel and don't bother with any xtml providers, just open TV sky UK

I have full Epg for every channel and don't bother with any xtml providers, just open TV sky UK

Thanks I slog onwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Thanks I slog onwards :)

As THHB says you only need Sky UK openTV 28.2 ticked. To confirm it's working press the yellow download button while its highlighted and you should see the box download the data for ~930 channels. You should not need any XMLs at all.

Maybe delete the full CrossEpg directory on your hard drive and start again

Also do a full scan of the satellite with clear before scan set. Then run CrossEpg again

Thanks Gerry it loads 930 alright but still S4C and the CBS channels blank.

I just used FileZilla to delete the crossepg directory now and am scanning with clear before scan now

Will see what happens when I try EPG again

Actually I am using a custom bouquet built from dreambox edit. I wonder if that's doing it

• Advertisement

Quick question, does the box require a net connection at all times to download the EPG or is it via sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

crossEPG gets the openTV data direct from the satellite. It only needs the web for XML sources.

If you want S4C HD you could try a manual scan of 11307 H 27500 5/6 QPSK
    (the same TP as Motorsport tv)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I've had a few unexpected expenses since I last posted so I'm gonna have to hold off buying the box for a week or two.

One question. THHB said the EPG updates at 4 am. Does the box have to be left plugged in or will it update after it's turned on next day? I always turn off the switch on the socket going to bed.

Got it done.

The few that are wonky such as S4C I deleted off my custom bouquet I pushed from dreambox edit.

Manual scanned S4C, etc which then has a working EPG then manually added it to the custom bouquet thanks for the help :)

ITV HD what's the current code, it isn't showing for me when I scan?

sligojoek wrote: »
    I've had a few unexpected expenses since I last posted so I'm gonna have to hold off buying the box for a week or two.

One question. THHB said the EPG updates at 4 am. Does the box have to be left plugged in or will it update after it's turned on next day? I always turn off the switch on the socket going to bed.

Stop doing that, you should really leave it on standby where it can do scheduled recordings. It will consume very little power. We now live in the age of the internet of things where home automation devices are available at all times

Got it done.

The few that are wonky such as S4C I deleted off my custom bouquet I pushed from dreambox edit.

Manual scanned S4C, etc which then has a working EPG then manually added it to the custom bouquet thanks for the help :)

ITV HD what's the current code, it isn't showing for me when I scan?

11052 H 23000 8PSK 3/4

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Agreed on that i just use remote to power off boxes and they all have lan connections as all my boxes are networked and can view recordings fom any other box in house.I have abm and epg running in the early hours.

Lads, I have a second terrestrial tuner added via USB tuner.

Do I need to enable some settings? I tried to have a recording for RTE and TG4 but it says there's a schedule conflict?

It only shows 1 terrestrial tuner in settings too

Lads, I have a second terrestrial tuner added via USB tuner.

Do I need to enable some settings? I tried to have a recording for RTE and TG4 but it says there's a schedule conflict?

It only shows 1 terrestrial tuner in settings too

Is the usb tuner one that's supported, you'll need to download the driver for it in plugins and do a hard reboot.

• Advertisement

Is the usb tuner one that's supported, you'll need to download the driver for it in plugins and do a hard reboot.

Ah ok, feck where did I put the CD lol

Advertisement