Response Time
51%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Stupid unfit for purpose app

12.06.2021 09:08 #16
Bank of Ireland are horrific, I moved all my accounts to ptsb, much better.
12.06.2021 09:09 #17
Why can’t I scroll through statements on this app? And I can only go back maybe 2 weeks through the current statement. I think this new app is dreadful a step backwards from the old one.
12.06.2021 09:11 #18
It truly is a shocking app, have a UK Lloyds TSB account , all you have to do is touch app icon and look at the phone and hey presto you’re into your account!
12.06.2021 09:16 #19
Trying to access on a desktop is a disgrace. Wait for verification text that never comes.
12.06.2021 09:21 #20
Originally posted by JeffKenna
Trying to access on a desktop is a disgrace. Wait for verification text that never comes.

Is your phone number listed on your account as the main contact number?
1 thank
12.06.2021 09:40 #21
58 mins on hold Weds at lunchtime trying to get through, multiple efforts of >20mins eventally got a reply late Thursday, complete joke of a service.
Made everyone with BOI credit cards migrate to an app based service and then dont bother to support it !
I'm with KBC will be looking for a new bank soon certaintly wont be BOI on this basis.....
12.06.2021 09:45 #22
Originally posted by Rustyman101
58 mins on hold Weds at lunchtime trying to get through, multiple efforts of >20mins eventally got a reply late Thursday, complete joke of a service.
Made everyone with BOI credit cards migrate to an app based service and then dont bother to support it !
I'm with KBC will be looking for a new bank soon certaintly wont be BOI on this basis.....

They leave you on hold as long as humanly possible so you get fed up and hang up. It’s an age older tactic of theirs. They also make the stupid pre recorded voice drag out as long as possible and re route you as often as possible, trying their very best to not connect you with a human. It’s a dreadful phone service.
1 thank
12.06.2021 10:25 #23
100% spoke to two people who didnt have the "Clearance" to issue me with the info......Why are you answer the phone then ?
It was a simple User ID request nothing complicated.......before someone says use the text service there were two accounts linked to the one phone and it kept sending me one User ID
Lost all the details after my phone fried.
Pure usless service, not fit for purpose, actually pity the people working on those lines, underresourced, poorly trained and probaly poorly paid.
1 thank
12.06.2021 10:32 #24
Former BOI customer here who had enough.

The AIB app works really well. Very straightforward, intuitive and user friendly.

Perhaps take a look at theirs and copy it?
12.06.2021 10:35 #25
Originally posted by mickuhaha
Is your phone number listed on your account as the main contact number?

As far as I know yes but I'll double check.
12.06.2021 10:37 #26
One of the reasons I left BOI....tech is rubbish even after a 1bn IT upgrade.
12.06.2021 10:47 #27
This app was flagged as a disaster a few weeks after launch. This was close to a year ago. It hasn't improved. Each time they update the app I have to uninstall it & start again from scratch.

Revolut & N32 seem to be able to provide what their customer wants on an app
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon