Response Time
51%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Two lines &co on kids cheque

07.06.2021 19:02 #1
Both my kids got a cheque today and there are two lines with &co written on both. I understand this means it must go directly into a bank account and not be cashed as an added security measure. It does NOT say AC payee only.

However can these go into my account so I can then transfer it to their savings.....all accounts are in my name however.
08.06.2021 08:51 #2
Originally posted by polydactyl
Both my kids got a cheque today and there are two lines with &co written on both. I understand this means it must go directly into a bank account and not be cashed as an added security measure. It does NOT say AC payee only.

However can these go into my account so I can then transfer it to their savings.....all accounts are in my name however.

Legally that crossing is the same as when you add the A/C Payee Only bit. Some branches will return it unpaid if they spot it
08.06.2021 10:25 #3
Originally posted by polydactyl

Thanks polydactyl for taking the time to get in touch. 

Yes, you can lodge these to your own account if they're are crossed with & co.

They will need to be endorsed with the childrens names written on the back of the cheque. If your children are too young to write their name on the back, you can do this for them.  

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
Alison
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list