richersounds.ie Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
94%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Denon/Marantz HDMI 2.1 4K/120Hz & 8K Incompatibility Solution!!

06.05.2021 23:07 #1
Hi John and Co.

I purchased a Denon AVR-X2700H off your good selves back in February, which appears to be a model with the problem.

Do you have any more details on Denon's 'free' solution to the HDMI 2.1 issue?

It is a horrible bodge, which will hit sales until they release revised models:
http://www.denon.com/en-us/hdmiadapter
https://avgadgets.com/...spk618-adapter-free/

Will it even be available 'free' to customers leaving Ireland?  If so, any idea of how and when?

Do you seen any chance Denon will swap effected units, rather than expecting customers to put up with an extra cables, box and power supply?

Thanks,
Tow.
1 thank
07.05.2021 09:32 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by Tow
Hi John and Co.

I purchased a Denon AVR-X2700H off your good selves back in February, which appears to be a model with the problem.

Do you have any more details on Denon's 'free' solution to the HDMI 2.1 issue?

It is a horrible bodge, which will hit sales until they release revised models:
   http://www.denon.com/en-us/hdmiadapter
   https://avgadgets.com/denon-marantz-hdmi-2-1-solution-spk618-adapter-free/

Will it even be available 'free' to customers leaving Ireland?  If so, any idea of how and when?

Do you seen any chance Denon will swap effected units, rather than expecting customers to put up with an extra cables, box and power supply?

Thanks,
Tow.

Hi Tow.

Thanks for the email.

Denon will have their fix released towards the end of May and it will be free to all customers who have purchased an effected product.
The only issue there seems to be with them is relating to the NEW X Box.

There might be another fix in the future but unfortunately that will be down to Denon.

You could contact Denon directly and see if they are willing to offer you anything else but as it only seems to effect the NEW X box I can't see them doing anything as they are releasing the adaptor free of charge to everyone who has purchased one of the units.

The issue as not effected the sales of their products at all. Denon AV receivers continue to be our biggest selling receivers.
08.05.2021 11:41 #3
Thanks Kenny,

It will be interesting to see what happens.
Regarding sales, they my 2700 is a fine piece of kit. But like all these things it people expect a new revision they will hold off purchasing to see what happens.
1 thank
08.05.2021 11:51 #4
Verified representative
Originally posted by Tow
Thanks Kenny,

It will be interesting to see what happens.
Regarding sales, they my 2700 is a fine piece of kit. But like all these things it people expect a new revision they will hold off purchasing to see what happens.

Hey Tow.

Its like with all products unfortunately , they get replaced every year with a few exceptions replacing every two years.
Each year there is something new to add and tweak.

Keep your eye on the Denon website and they will put up a link once the dongle I released and they can be obtained free of charge via it.
15.05.2021 13:29 #5
For those who qualify, the registration is to receive the free HDMI adaptor is now open: http://www.denon.com/en-us/hdmiadapter
Simple enough process, enter name, email, address, product, serial number and where and when bought.  Confirmation is send back to you via email.  However, the site does not have a security certificate, so your details are sent un encrypted and the link to 'Terms and Conditions' you need to agree to does not work.

Attached Images

Last edited by Tow: 15.05.2021 at 13:33.
2 thanks
15.05.2021 13:33 #6
Verified representative
Originally posted by Tow
For those who qualify, the registration is to receive the free HDMI adaptor is now open: http://www.denon.com/en-us/hdmiadapter
Simple enough process, enter name, email, address, product, serial number and where and when bought.  Confirmation is send back to you via email.  However, the site does not have a security certificate, so your details are sent un encrypted.

Thanks for the update Tow.
18.05.2021 09:07 #7
This 'fix' is unacceptable in my opinion. I, for one, don't have a spare socket for this adapter, nor do I want more clutter in below my tv.

The product I purchased doesn't handle 4k 120hz as advertised. Can I return my unit for a refund?

Still awaiting a return call about the faulty Bluetooth/WiFi antenna on my unit also.
1 thank
18.05.2021 11:04 #8
Originally posted by Liamalone
This 'fix' is unacceptable in my opinion. I, for one, don't have a spare socket for this adapter, nor do I want more clutter in below my tv.

The product I purchased doesn't handle 4k 120hz as advertised. Can I return my unit for a refund?

Still awaiting a return call about the faulty Bluetooth/WiFi antenna on my unit also.

Sent you a PM Liamalone
1 thank
20.05.2021 15:11 #9
Hey guys,
On this same topic, are the current Denon and Marantz receivers, I presume for this issue to be fixed it will be in the next hardware cycle? Do you know when the next models are due out (or usually when they are released?)

Thanks
1 thank
20.05.2021 15:41 #10
Verified representative
Originally posted by Keoin18
Hey guys,
On this same topic, are the current Denon and Marantz receivers, I presume for this issue to be fixed it will be in the next hardware cycle? Do you know when the next models are due out (or usually when they are released?)

Thanks

Hi Keoin18.

Thanks for the post.

Denon have released a free adaptor that fixes the issue with any of there effected receivers.
The link is listed in one of the posted above :)

There has been no mention of new receivers as of yet.
There is a chip shortage that has put everything back by sometime.

As soon as we know of any new models will will post it up on Boards.
1 thank
20.05.2021 17:50 #11
Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Kenny
Hey guys,

Thanks

Hi Keoin18.

Thanks for the post.

Denon have released a free adaptor that fixes the issue with any of there effected receivers.

Thanks guys!

Eoin
1 thank
20.05.2021 17:51 #12
Verified representative
Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Kenny
Hey guys,

Thanks

Hi Keoin18.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks guys!

Eoin

No problem Eoin.
20.05.2021 18:14 #13
Verified representative
Guys - I would use this link which is dedicated for Europe and which is an encrypted site ;):

https://www.denon.com/en-gb/hdmiadapter

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
1 thank
27.05.2021 13:59 #14
The US Denon website appears to have forwarded the details to Denon UK.  I hope they have more sense than to post the adaptor from the 'Mainland'.  I am sure Denon have several European operations they can send the adaptor from.

Attached Images

1 thank
27.05.2021 15:02 #15
Verified representative
Originally posted by Tow
The US Denon website appears to have forwarded the details to Denon UK.  I hope they have more sense than to post the adaptor from the 'Mainland'.  I am sure Denon have several European operations they can send the adaptor from.

Hey Tow.

I'm not sure where they would ship the adaptor from to be honest.

It could just be Denon UK arranging it.

Keep us posted on its progress.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image