Response Time
58%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Atm retained my cash lodgement

02.05.2021 14:23 #1
I was at the BOI ATM in Mallow and I was lodging cash into my account and the money was counting, stopped, said there was a jam and that my money is now retained. It gave my card back to me and no slips or anything. The money isn’t in my account. It’s a bank holiday weekend and I can’t get hold of customer care as it states their offices are closed. Can someone please help me? Thanks
Last edited by Jayce89: 02.05.2021 at 15:27. Reason: It was €125 that was lodged.
02.05.2021 14:30 #2
I had similar with Ulster Bank (personal account) and AIB (business account)

Ulster had to wait until the cash transit company took the cash away and balanced it up. They did credit the account on the understanding that it was subject to confirmation.

AIB were able to sort it out themselves and came back within a couple of hours.

But the initial contact would be the local branch on Tuesday morning.

Best option is to write a short note with your contact details, put it in the letterbox of the branch and they can check immediately on Tuesday morning and get back to you directly
04.05.2021 09:48 #3
Originally posted by Jayce89
I was at the BOI ATM in Mallow and I was lodging cash into my account and the money was counting, stopped, said there was a jam and that my money is now retained. It gave my card back to me and no slips or anything. The money isn’t in my account. It’s a bank holiday  weekend and I can’t get hold of customer care as it states their offices are closed. Can someone please help me? Thanks

Hi Jayce89,

Thanks for getting in touch with  us today and we're sorry to hear this has happened. 

This may credit this morning when the branches reopen. If this hasn't happened, could we please get you to send us a PM with your name and contact number? We can certainly send this on to the branch to look into and update you on this.

Thanks,
Richard
04.05.2021 11:20 #4
Hi Richard,

Money hasn’t credited yet and it’s not allowing me to send you a PM.

Thanks.

Justine

Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
Hi Jayce89,

Thanks for getting in touch with  us today and we're sorry to hear this has happened. 

This may credit this morning when the branches reopen. If this hasn't happened, could we please get you to send us a PM with your name and contact number? We can certainly send this on to the branch to look into and update you on this.

Thanks,
Richard
04.05.2021 11:38 #5
Originally posted by Jayce89
Hi Richard,

Money hasn’t credited yet and it’s not allowing me to send you a PM.

Thanks.

Justine

Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
Hi Jayce89,

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Justine,

Can we ask you to try send a PM to this page?

Thanks,
Richard
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image