83%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Activiating my account

23.04.2021 10:57 #1
hi 

I want to close my bank account but I do not know my bank account number. so I called to the customer center but I was told that my bank account is inactive now since I haven't used it for some time since I left Irleand about 5years ago. I am not in Ireland now so I can not visit your branch.
Could you please let me know the easiest way to close my bank account please? 
Thanks.
23.04.2021 11:45 #2
Originally posted by sohyun
hi 

I want to close my bank account but I do not know my bank account number. so I called to the customer center but I was told that my bank account is inactive now since I haven't used it for some time since I left Irleand about 5years ago. I am not in Ireland now so I can not visit your branch.
Thanks.

Hi Sohyun,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you're looking to close your account. If your account is inactive, you can send a letter of request to your account holding branch to have the account closed. The letter would need to include a certified copy of your passport, two certified proofs of address, your contact number and account details to send any credit balance to.

We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
Richard
01.05.2021 14:14 #3
Hi 

Thanks for your reply. Wouldn't there be any other way to send the documents through online?
and could I ask you what two certified proofs of address are please?

thanks.
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
hi 

Thanks.

Hi Sohyun,

We're sorry to hear you're looking to close your account. If your account is inactive, you can send a letter of request to your account holding branch to have the account closed. The letter would need to include a certified copy of your passport, two certified proofs of address, your contact number and account details to send any credit balance to.

Thanks,
Richard

02.05.2021 11:23 #4
Hi 

Thanks for your reply. Wouldn't there be any other way to send the documents through online?
and could I ask you what two certified proofs of address are please?

thanks.
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
hi 

Thanks.

Hi Sohyun,

Thanks,
Richard

Hi there, thanks for getting back to us here. 

You would need to send these documents and written instruction by post to your account holding branch and one of my colleagues would be more than happy to help. 

With this written instruction you'd need to provide 2 proof of address documents (bank statement/ utility bill etc.) for the address that you are currently living in. These documents must be notarised. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Eve 
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image