Bank of Ireland Representatives

8 hrs
Response Time
73%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Is there an option to remove constant phone verification?

06.04.2021 12:08 #1
Hi folks,

I have a smartphone, and a desktop. I use my desktop for the vast majority of things, and find it very grating to have to keep getting my phone out to confirm everything I do at the desktop. It's really overkill.

It also makes using online banking impossible if I don't have my phone with me.

Is there a way to deactivate this? Can customer care do it or can I make a written request or such?

It's really made online banking very frustrating to use.

Thank you
1 thank
06.04.2021 12:16 #2
Originally posted by KKV
Hi folks,

I have a smartphone, and a desktop. I use my desktop for the vast majority of things, and find it very grating to have to keep getting my phone out to confirm everything I do at the desktop. It's really overkill.

It also makes using online banking impossible if I don't have my phone with me.

Is there a way to deactivate this? Can customer care do it or can I make a written request or such?

It's really made online banking very frustrating to use.

Thank you

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Since changes have been made in EU regulation and since the introduction of Strong Customer Authentication an extra layer of protection has been introduced to protect the security of customer accounts.

I'm afraid there is no option to turn this off and you will be required to have your mobile device to hand when logging into your account through the main website.

Please be assured that we do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will be sure to pass this on.

Thanks Jen
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon