Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

Issues upgrading to a smart plan

02.04.2021 11:03 #1
Hi - I got the mail telling me my smart meter was now live & last night went to the website as instructed to sign up for a smart plan - logged into my account & followed the steps (including adding my DD details) and got the below error. Tried again this morning & same thing. Called the freephone as advised & got through to Deirdre who seemed a bit confused but did warm transfer me to the smart meter team. Was speaking to Robert who didn't really seem to understand what I was saying but suggested maybe it was caused by my not already being on DD & said he would add the DD to my account. So I gave him my details - there was a few seconds of silence & the call dropped. No callback to myself was attempted.

I have gone back into my online account & I can see the DD details were added but I am still getting the same error when I try to change to a smart plan

Error Text
We cannot process your upgrade to a smart plan at the moment.
To upgrade your plan, please call customer service on 1800 372 372 from 8am - 8pm, Monday - Saturday
02.04.2021 15:49 #2
Hi countryfan117,

We are sorry to read this.

Can you please send us a private message and we can liaise with the smart meter department?

We need the following details: 

- Your full name
- Your address
- Your contact number
- Your account number
- Confirmation you're the account holder (Yes/No)

Kind regards, 
Aoife 
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image