75%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Business Credit Card changes (Feb21)

23.02.2021 09:57 #1
Hi.
 I have received a letter from BOI outlining changes to my business credit card.

The section on Cross-border payments regulation indicates that currency charges must be shown unless the bank and customer agree not to.

It would appear that I have no option other than to close my account if I do not agree. Can you confirm if this is my only option?
23.02.2021 11:26 #2
Originally posted by blenderbus
Hi.

The section on Cross-border payments regulation indicates that currency charges must be shown unless the bank and customer agree not to.

It would appear that I have no option other than to close my account if I do not agree. Can you confirm if this is my only option?

Good morning blenderbus,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie 

You can opt out of receiving these messages. You can contact us by logging into the app, select services and then send us a message option if you use 365 Online or alternatively, you can call us on 1890251251. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

For a credit card, if the account holder chooses to opt out of receiving this message, any additional card holders will also be opted out. I will attach a link below with all the information you will need on this. 

https://www.bankofirel...payments-regulation/

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Megan
23.02.2021 12:58 #3
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Megan
Hi.

Good morning blenderbus,

You can opt out of receiving these messages. You can contact us by logging into the app, select services and then send us a message option if you use 365 Online or alternatively, you can call us on 1890251251. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

For a credit card, if the account holder chooses to opt out of receiving this message, any additional card holders will also be opted out. I will attach a link below with all the information you will need on this.

https://www.bankofirel...payments-regulation/

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Megan

I believe you may have misunderstood my question - the letter explicitly states that I will NOT be receiving these messages.

I *do* want to be notified, but the letter I received indicates that it has amended it's T&Cs to reflect that it will *not* be sending the notification. This is supposed to be by agreement with the customer.

I haven't agreed to this (because I *do* want to be notified), but I do not appear to be able to have this option.

Please see the attached copy of the letter I received.

Attached Images

Last edited by blenderbus: 23.02.2021 at 13:07. Reason: Didn't accept attachment.
24.02.2021 09:48 #4
Hi.

Good morning blenderbus,

https://www.bankofireland.com/cross-border-payments-regulation/

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Megan

I believe you may have misunderstood my question - the letter explicitly states that I will NOT be receiving these messages.

I *do* want to be notified, but the letter I received indicates that it has amended it's T&Cs to reflect that it will *not* be sending the notification. This is supposed to be by agreement with the customer.

I haven't agreed to this (because I *do* want to be notified), but I do not appear to be able to have this option.

Hi blenderbus

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us on this. 

We have looked further into this for you. 

We can advise this detail will show in your monthly  CC statements for you. 

Also, allowing you to make an informed decision ahead of the transaction/ purchase, our currency convertor is available to you here 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks
Alison 
1 thank
26.02.2021 13:14 #5
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland Reps
Hi.

Good morning blenderbus,

https://www.bankofireland.com/cross-border-payments-regulation/

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Megan

Hi blenderbus

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us on this. 

We have looked further into this for you. 

We can advise this detail will show in your monthly  CC statements for you. 

Also, allowing you to make an informed decision ahead of the transaction/ purchase, our currency convertor is available to you here 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks
Alison 

Hi Alison.

Thanks for the response, it addresses the questions I had.

Regards,
Eddy.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image