76%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

New 365 online website

22.01.2021 11:46 #61
Originally posted by earlyapex
The new website is terribly slow and annoying to use. 
Plus the app notification on my phone once swiped on should not then open the app asking for login info again. I had already logged in on my PC.

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

As you're logging in on 2 separate devices you would be required to log in by providing 3 digits of you 6 digit online pin when logging on to the app.  

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here on Boards.ie. Please be assured we will share it with the relevant department. 

Thanks, Eve 
22.01.2021 12:14 #62
This is paying lip service to the 2-factor authentication security rule, while actually DECREASING security.
The banking app is far less secure than the desktop version, with the potential to remain logged in.
The mobile devices on which the app is installed are far more likely to be lost or stolen than the computers on which internet banking might otherwise be conducted.
The mobile devices are also far more likely to be used on insecure networks and to become compromised, and less likely to have anti-malware software installed.

For all these reasons, pushing peoplle to instal and use the mobile app represents a dangerous decrease in security, to say nothing of the clunky user experience. As others have said, if you have to open the mobile app to use the desktop version, the logical thing is just to do the transactions in the mobile app rather than using both for the same transaction.

Two factor authentication is legally necessary but if it is to enhance security as intended rather than to diminish it, at a minimum it needs to be separate from the rubbish mobile app, e.g. a text system or separate authenticator app. Otherwise you can expect a rise, not a fall, in fraud claims.
8 thanks
22.01.2021 12:37 #63
if for whatever reason, i dont have my mobile on me, does that mean i cannot log into 365online on the laptop?
3 thanks
22.01.2021 12:40 #64
The new website is atrocious!
2 thanks
22.01.2021 12:49 #65
Originally posted by bangkok
if for whatever reason, i dont have my mobile on me, does that mean i cannot log into 365online on the laptop?

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie today. 

If you will be using your smartphone as your Physical Security Key when logging on to Banking 365 through a web browser then you will need to have this device with you when logging in on the web browser. 

I hope this information helps. If there is anything else we can help you with please feel free to get back in touch with us here, we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 
22.01.2021 12:51 #66
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Eve

If you will be using your smartphone as your Physical Security Key when logging on to Banking 365 through a web browser then you will need to have this device with you when logging in on the web browser. 

I hope this information helps. If there is anything else we can help you with please feel free to get back in touch with us here, we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

one more question, i noticed i didnt log out of the app and when i went back in later it was still logged into it, does it stay like that forever or does it time out and log you out automatically?
1 thank
22.01.2021 12:53 #67
Originally posted by Agent Coulson
The new website is atrocious!

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

We're very sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

If you're having difficulties logging in or using Banking 365 through a web browser please feel free to check in with us here or on any of our other social channels and we'd be happy to help as best we can. 

Please be assured we will pass your feedback along to the relevant team.

Thanks, Eve 
22.01.2021 12:59 #68
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Eve

Thanks, Eve 

one more question, i noticed i didnt log out of the app and when i went back in later it was still logged into it, does it stay like that forever or does it time out and log you out automatically?

Thanks for getting back to us here. 

Please be assured that the app would automatically log you out after a few minutes if you haven't be using the app. 

There is the option to log out of the app when you've finished by clicking the icon on the top right hand corner of your screen an then clicking 'Log Out'. 

Also, is you close down the app when you have finished using it you would be automatically logged out instantly. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Eve 
22.01.2021 13:35 #69
Originally posted by fiachraX
This is paying lip service to the 2-factor authentication security rule, while actually DECREASING security.
The banking app is far less secure than the desktop version, with the potential to remain logged in.
The mobile devices on which the app is installed are far more likely to be lost or stolen than the computers on which internet banking might otherwise be conducted.
The mobile devices are also far more likely to be used on insecure networks and to become compromised, and less likely to have anti-malware software installed.

For all these reasons, pushing peoplle to instal and use the mobile app represents a dangerous decrease in security, to say nothing of the clunky user experience. As others have said, if you have to open the mobile app to use the desktop version, the logical thing is just to do the transactions in the mobile app rather than using both for the same transaction.

Two factor authentication is legally necessary but if it is to enhance security as intended rather than to diminish it, at a minimum it needs to be separate from the rubbish mobile app, e.g. a text system or separate authenticator app. Otherwise you can expect a rise, not a fall, in fraud claims.

Hi Fiachra, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie today. 

In line with PSD2 requirements we have enhanced our security. Please be assured that our Mobile App would be a secure way to do your online banking. 

Our Mobile App uses Strong Customer Authentication(SCA) which is used to ensure that it is genuinely you when you're logging in to your online banking or authorising payments when online banking.

SCA is designed to keep your information safe and to make online banking even more secure. 

I hope that this information helps. If there is anything else we can help you with please be don't hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 
23.01.2021 09:54 #70
I think you will find that the new app does not clear the cache on the phone.  So you can pick up a phone, scroll through the apps and see what was on the screen when the app was last used.
5 thanks
26.01.2021 08:45 #71
How do i change my mobile no  as I cant enter the new system as the code is going to the mobile no on
the 365 system , which was lost yesterday.
26.01.2021 10:16 #72
Verified representative
Originally posted by mart 23
How do i change my mobile no  as I cant enter the new system as the code is going to the mobile no on

Hi Mart 23,

Thanks for your post. 

If you had the mobile app set up on the phone that has been lost, please call us on 1800946764 as soon as possible to have this device deleted from your profile. The adviser will then transfer you to our Mobile Team for help with setting up a new number. 

Thanks, 
Tara
26.01.2021 12:52 #73
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Mart 23,

Thanks for your post. 

If you had the mobile app set up on the phone that has been lost, please call us on 1800946764 as soon as possible to have this device deleted from your profile. The adviser will then transfer you to our Mobile Team for help with setting up a new number. 

Thanks, 
Tara

The phone i lost  did not have the mobile appl on it  The set up for the mobile app I did this morning  did not allow me to change mobile number but it sent  the code to the lost mobile no. Is there anyway I can get access to the old 365 system to change my old mobile no to my new mobile no .  The new no  is an EU mainland Europe no   My account is in BOI dooradoyle  Limerick
Last edited by mart 23: 26.01.2021 at 13:21.
26.01.2021 13:02 #74
Verified representative
The phone i lost  did not have the mobile appl on it  The set up for the mobile app I did this morning  did not allow me to change mobile number but it sent  the code to the lost mobile no. Is there anyway I can get access to the old 365 system to change my my mobile to my new no .  The new no  is an EU mainland Europe no   My account is in BOI dooradoyle  Limerick

Thanks for getting back to us mart 23,

You can access the old desktop site by typing https://original.365online.com into the browser address bar. You can then amend your mobile by selecting Manage Accounts then Amend my Mobile. A code to confirm your new number will be sent by post to the address on your account and can take 3-5 days. If you need help with setting up the Mobile App before this, please call us on 0818200362 and one of my colleagues will be happy to help, just to mention the line is extremely busy today but is open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-4 Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks, 
Tara
26.01.2021 15:09 #75
so you can't use the desktop version now without also using your phone? if you phone battery is dead you simply can't log on?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video