Response Time
76%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

New 365 online website

20.01.2021 15:48 #46
I appreciate your efforts to enable 2FA, but the new Android App and the new Website are very much slower than their older counterparts. The App takes far to long to perform a simple transaction, I would guess 5-10x longer than the previous App, and the new Website is just the same, much more clicks required, quick transfers not available.

Please have a word with your Dev team and make sure they understand that Customer Experience is the #1 thing that should be aimed for in Apps and Websites, and making things more complicated to do and taking far far longer is not a good Customer Experience at all!
20.01.2021 16:10 #47
If you were actually talking to your Dev team how about suggesting they do an authenticator app which is distinct from your mobile banking app?  Other companies do this and it would enforce 2FA, improve security and comply with the EU regulation but without forcing customers to use your mobile banking if they don't want to.  

I assume the reason I can log into the app with only 3 digits of my pin without using my 6 digit ID is because the app saves it for association with the authenticator functionality? But in the process this more than halves the required credentials which have to be input to access my bank accounts.  Please explain to me how that is added security because it seems like the exact opposite to me.
3 thanks
20.01.2021 16:30 #48
Originally posted by tcif
If you were actually talking to your Dev team how about suggesting they do an authenticator app which is distinct from your mobile banking app?  Other companies do this and it would enforce 2FA, improve security and comply with the EU regulation but without forcing customers to use your mobile banking if they don't want to.  

I assume the reason I can log into the app with only 3 digits of my pin without using my 6 digit ID is because the app saves it for association with the authenticator functionality? But in the process this more than halves the required credentials which have to be input to access my bank accounts.  Please explain to me how that is added security because it seems like the exact opposite to me.

I was thinking the same thing. A fingerprint option like the one on N26 would be better. 

I actually like the new website layout but agree that its a bit slow. 
20.01.2021 20:23 #49
  • I have joint account with my wife.We both have a Visa Debit and a credit card linked to the account,I manage our money and always had access to previous Credit card statements online. That is gone now after new revamp because back in the last century my wife's name somehow was the main name on the credit cards,whats laughable is I can see this months transactions but not when these details transfer to a statement,So I am trusted with my own details for a month but if I want to look back at a previous month my wife has to register for online banking.I suspect there is a desire  to provide discretion for waring couples so they use a sledgehammer to crack a nut and change for the vast majority for a small minority.So in these times of online fraud we have to register a second time to see our statements,we are not young and last thing we need is more login details to remember and protect, 
21.01.2021 09:51 #50
Hi dublin49

Thanks for your post.

With the credit card, it should only be available to the main card holder online, the initial applicant.

Your wife can call our ROI freephone number on 1800946156 and a colleague can certainly set up online banking for her. Team are available until 5pm.

Just to add, with a joint account, each party to the account will have their own login details, this allows also for any other sole accounts they may have to be viewed within their own login profile. 

We hope the above helps, 

Many thanks
Alison
21.01.2021 11:30 #51
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland Reps
Hi dublin49

Thanks for your post.

With the credit card, it should only be available to the main card holder online, the initial applicant.

Your wife can call our ROI freephone number on 1800946156 and a colleague can certainly set up online banking for her. Team are available until 5pm.

Just to add, with a joint account, each party to the account will have their own login details, this allows also for any other sole accounts they may have to be viewed within their own login profile. 

We hope the above helps, 

Many thanks
Alison

Hi Alison,

I have my own credit card ,I can view all Credit card  transactions online(I am looking at a purchase my wife made in January) but I am not trusted to view statements ,where is the logic in that.You need not reply as I am getting nowhere but really it needs to be looked at again.
21.01.2021 15:12 #52
Originally posted by dublin49
Hi dublin49

Thanks for your post.

We hope the above helps, 

Many thanks
Alison

Hi Alison,

I have my own credit card ,I can view all Credit card  transactions online(I am looking at a purchase my wife made in January) but I am not trusted to view statements ,where is the logic in that.You need not reply as I am getting nowhere but really it needs to be looked at again.

Hi dublin49 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If you previously applied for a credit card in your name as the principal card holder and statements are not showing, please login to site and select Service Desk to send an Ask a Question. A colleague certainly can look into this for you. 

Many thanks, 
Alison
21.01.2021 15:19 #53
Originally posted by blenderbus
I am not receiving notifications on my registered device, and so am unable to login at all.
- The device name is correct
- Notifications are enabled
- I have even logged into the device whilst attempting, but still don't receive any notifications.

I am thus locked out of my online (not app) account. I can still login via the app but that's not what I want/need.

Update/workaround:
I tried again and this time selected 'I don't have the app' (although I checked that the app was up to date).  It then reverted to the old login process so I was at least able to access my account.

Hi blenderbus 

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

If the push notification is not coming through to you, please follow the login to site again using option 'I have the App' you can retrieve the notification by going to the App on your device and click on ' Added online security' this is directly under the login for the PIN. 

Hoping you find this helpful,

Many thanks 
Alison
21.01.2021 15:26 #54
Hi All, 

Thanks for taking the time to share your views and comments with us relating to the updated site and App. 

Please be assured you comments and suggestions are being passed to our Online Digital Team. 

Many thanks,
Alison
21.01.2021 15:29 #55
Category Moderator
Terrible design for older people. It has my elderly mother completely confused. She used to be able to manage the old version, bad and all as it was.
21.01.2021 15:52 #56
Originally posted by spurious
Terrible design for older people. It has my elderly mother completely confused. She used to be able to manage the old version, bad and all as it was.

Thanks spurious for joining the thread and sharing this with us. 

We have a Team available on 0818200362 they will be happy to talk through navigating the new site. They are available Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm, weekends and bank holidays it's 9am-4pm. 

Many thanks
Alison
21.01.2021 16:01 #57
Thanks spurious for joining the thread and sharing this with us. 

We have a Team available on 0818200362 they will be happy to talk through navigating the new site. They are available Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm, weekends and bank holidays it's 9am-4pm. 

Many thanks
Alison

Money well spent. Definitely good value compared to coding a desktop layout that isn't a flat clone of the mobile app.
21.01.2021 16:15 #58
so, I may have lucked out,i deleted the app when it started causing problems weeks ago,now when I log in via my laptop, I still seem to be able to access the old version thankfully, I have zero intention of trying the new app again, where do I stand? how long is the old banking 365 going to be available or how do you introduce/apy new measures for someone who doesnt have the app or lets say even a mobile pbone?
3 thanks
22.01.2021 10:08 #59
Originally posted by 1874
so, I may have lucked out,i deleted the app when it started causing problems weeks ago,now when I log in via my laptop, I still seem to be able to access the old version thankfully, I have zero intention of trying the new app again, where do I stand? how long is the old banking 365 going to be available or how do you introduce/apy new measures for someone who doesnt have the app or lets say even a mobile pbone?

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

If you do not use the BOI mobile app then you would be able to order a Physical Security Key(PSK) in order to access Banking 365 through the web browser. 

You should be able to order this from the BOI website in the coming weeks. There should be a notification online once they're available. 

I hope this information helps. 

Thanks, Eve 
22.01.2021 11:21 #60
The new website is terribly slow and annoying to use. 
Plus the app notification on my phone once swiped on should not then open the app asking for login info again. I had already logged in on my PC.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video