Bank of Ireland Representatives

8 hrs
Response Time
73%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

New 365 online website

18.01.2021 11:07 #16
Registered User
The new website is totally designed for a mobile device. Look how much of the screen is used by the website, its like viewing a mobile app emulation on a widescreen monitor. I get that you want to modernise the look and feel of the website, but please utilise full screen space. You are using 33% of the screen. I have to scroll down to see all services, whilst everything would fit easily on the screen if the space was used efficiently. This design makes no sense. 

Attached Images

2 thanks
18.01.2021 11:12 #17
Registered User
Originally posted by listermint


Its clear, Its well laid out, Its far less busy. Navigation is across the top.


You're a website developer and you think the website is well laid out? I guess we found the root cause then of poor website design in Ireland. If you think the new website is well laid out when I have to scroll down to see all content when there is at least 50% white space on the screen not used. 
7 thanks
18.01.2021 11:20 #18
Originally posted by joeirish
Why do I need two devices when using my laptop/desktop to log in (the laptop and another security device)? and not when using just my mobile?. Surely there is more risk of my mobile being lost or stolen and then used to log in to my account than having my laptop/desktop stolen and the same thing happening. If you say SCA is needed then surely it is needed for the most vulnerable of devices? And what happens if I am using my laptop/desktop because my mobile is out of charge or not working for some reason? I can't then use the verification process that goes to my mobile.

Hi Joeirish, 

Thanks for your post. We have responded to your other query in your other thread.

EU Regulations have been introduced that affect all banks. Additional security is now required when you log in on 365Online or carry out certain transactions. Along with your 365 pin, we'll send you a notification to your security device to confirm that it is you logging in to your account. 

We have attached a link with some more information here.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Richard
18.01.2021 11:26 #19
Registered User
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
Originally posted by joeirish
Why do I need two devices when using my laptop/desktop to log in (the laptop and another security device)? and not when using just my mobile?. Surely there is more risk of my mobile being lost or stolen and then used to log in to my account than having my laptop/desktop stolen and the same thing happening. If you say SCA is needed then surely it is needed for the most vulnerable of devices? And what happens if I am using my laptop/desktop because my mobile is out of charge or not working for some reason? I can't then use the verification process that goes to my mobile.

Hi Joeirish, 

Thanks for your post. We have responded to your other query in your other thread.

EU Regulations have been introduced that affect all banks. Additional security is now required when you log in on 365Online or carry out certain transactions. Along with your 365 pin, we'll send you a notification to your security device to confirm that it is you logging in to your account. 

We have attached a link with some more information here.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Richard

That doesn't answer his question though. He is asking why he needs 2 devices when logging in from a PC, but he only needs one device when logging in from a mobile device. 
4 thanks
18.01.2021 12:19 #20
Hi,

I cant get into 365online on my laptop, it says

[color=var(--heading-color)]This site can’t be reached[/color]

www.365online.com refused to connect.

any ideas?
18.01.2021 12:46 #21
Originally posted by Poncke
The new website is totally designed for a mobile device. Look how much of the screen is used by the website, its like viewing a mobile app emulation on a widescreen monitor. I get that you want to modernise the look and feel of the website, but please utilise full screen space. You are using 33% of the screen. I have to scroll down to see all services, whilst everything would fit easily on the screen if the space was used efficiently. This design makes no sense. 


That's awful. Genuinely terrible. Not even close to "responsive design" principles. But then, I'm sure the same team making a balls of the app are now in charge of making a balls of the site.
2 thanks
18.01.2021 13:57 #22
Moderator
So, several comments relating to this new approach.

Clunky is not even close, why was it not possible to use the same sort of validation that's been used by a wide range of service, send a code via text messaging to the device, as this is right now, it's messy, clunky, and more annoying, I have to open the app on the mobile device to access the swipe, and it then leaves the app open on the phone, at the login page, which means more messing around to close the app, as there's no automatic close on Android, I have to go into phone management to make sure the phone app is actually closed. Given that quite a bit of the log in data is being stored by the phone, I see this as a compromise of security, in that I'm 2 steps in to the 3 to log on automatically, and there's no check if the phone is being used in the reverse direction, so double protection is a bit meaningless for people with the phone app as well.

Then there's the errors in the app. On the laptop, if I go into the user profile to look at the devices, according to the information returned, my device is supposedly the mobile, even though I am logged in on the laptop. That's WRONG, in so many ways, and should never have got through testing. This looks very much like a pretty simplistic port of the mobile app into the browser, with acres of wasted white space that could have been much more appropriately used to reduce the number of screen switches.

According to the system, there are 2 devices for validation, one is ** Mobile, the other is ** Samsung. It's not at all clear what the second device is, I know that the ** Mobile is my phone, as there is the associated number, so what's the second device.

Apart from the fact that some serious updates were desperately needed years ago, it's a massive pity that what's come out seems to be very much a compromise to reduce the support load, as it seems to be basically the mobile app running in a web skin.

Hopefully, the relevant people that are responsible for the development will take on board some of the issues that seem to have come through without being caught in the testing
1 thank
18.01.2021 14:40 #23
Originally posted by Poncke
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
Originally posted by joeirish
Why do I need two devices when using my laptop/desktop to log in (the laptop and another security device)? and not when using just my mobile?. Surely there is more risk of my mobile being lost or stolen and then used to log in to my account than having my laptop/desktop stolen and the same thing happening. If you say SCA is needed then surely it is needed for the most vulnerable of devices? And what happens if I am using my laptop/desktop because my mobile is out of charge or not working for some reason? I can't then use the verification process that goes to my mobile.

Hi Joeirish, 

Thanks for your post. We have responded to your other query in your other thread.

EU Regulations have been introduced that affect all banks. Additional security is now required when you log in on 365Online or carry out certain transactions. Along with your 365 pin, we'll send you a notification to your security device to confirm that it is you logging in to your account. 

We have attached a link with some more information here.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Richard

That doesn't answer his question though. He is asking why he needs 2 devices when logging in from a PC, but he only needs one device when logging in from a mobile device. 

Hi Poncke,

As you would need to provision your mobile phone as a security device by receiving a code to your phone, this would be one of the steps of two factor authentication. If your phone was lost or stolen, it would be necessary to get in touch with our lost & stolen team on ROI Freephone 1800946764. 

Thanks,
Richard
18.01.2021 14:42 #24
Originally posted by bangkok
Hi,

I cant get into 365online on my laptop, it says

[color=var(--heading-color)]This site can’t be reached[/color]

www.365online.com refused to connect.

any ideas?

We're sorry to hear this Bangkok,

Can we ask you to try log in here to see if you receive the same error message?

Can we also ask you to see if this works on a different browser?

Thanks,
Richard
18.01.2021 14:48 #25
Originally posted by Irish Steve
So, several comments relating to this new approach.

Clunky is not even close, why was it not possible to use the same sort of validation that's been used by a wide range of service, send a code via text messaging to the device, as this is right now, it's messy, clunky, and more annoying, I have to open the app on the mobile device to access the swipe, and it then leaves the app open on the phone, at the login page, which means more messing around to close the app, as there's no automatic close on Android, I have to go into phone management to make sure the phone app is actually closed. Given that quite a bit of the log in data is being stored by the phone, I see this as a compromise of security, in that I'm 2 steps in to the 3 to log on automatically, and there's no check if the phone is being used in the reverse direction, so double protection is a bit meaningless for people with the phone app as well.

Then there's the errors in the app. On the laptop, if I go into the user profile to look at the devices, according to the information returned, my device is supposedly the mobile, even though I am logged in on the laptop. That's WRONG, in so many ways, and should never have got through testing. This looks very much like a pretty simplistic port of the mobile app into the browser, with acres of wasted white space that could have been much more appropriately used to reduce the number of screen switches.

According to the system, there are 2 devices for validation, one is ** Mobile, the other is ** Samsung. It's not at all clear what the second device is, I know that the ** Mobile is my phone, as there is the associated number, so what's the second device.

Apart from the fact that some serious updates were desperately needed years ago, it's a massive pity that what's come out seems to be very much a compromise to reduce the support load, as it seems to be basically the mobile app running in a web skin.

Hopefully, the relevant people that are responsible for the development will take on board some of the issues that seem to have come through without being caught in the testing

Hi Irish Steve,

Thanks for this feedback, we really appreciate all customer feedback both positive and negative and rest assured we'll share this with the development team.

If your phone was lost or stolen, it would be necessary to get in touch with our lost & stolen team on ROI Freephone 1800946764. If you also do not recognize this second device for validation, we would recommend linking in with our team on 0818200362. One of our colleagues will be happy to help with this.


Thanks again,
Richard
18.01.2021 15:15 #26
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
Originally posted by bangkok
Hi,

I cant get into 365online on my laptop, it says

[color=var(--heading-color)]This site can’t be reached[/color]

www.365online.com refused to connect.

any ideas?

We're sorry to hear this Bangkok,

Can we ask you to try log in here to see if you receive the same error message?

Can we also ask you to see if this works on a different browser?

Thanks,
Richard

when i clicked on that link you sent i get this..

[color=var(--heading-color)]Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.365online.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
[color=var(--error-code-color)]NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED[/color][/color]
Reload
Hide advanced
www.365online.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to www.365online.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.365online.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.
You cannot visit www.365online.com right now because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.


i tried internet explorer than and it says "this site is not secure"

so cant get in at all using chrome or internet explorer
1 thank
18.01.2021 15:40 #27
Originally posted by bangkok
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
Originally posted by bangkok
Hi,

I cant get into 365online on my laptop, it says

[color=var(--heading-color)]This site can’t be reached[/color]

www.365online.com refused to connect.

any ideas?

We're sorry to hear this Bangkok,

Can we ask you to try log in here to see if you receive the same error message?

Can we also ask you to see if this works on a different browser?

Thanks,
Richard

when i clicked on that link you sent i get this..

[color=var(--heading-color)]Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.365online.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
[color=var(--error-code-color)]NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED[/color][/color]
Reload
Hide advanced
www.365online.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to www.365online.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.365online.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.
You cannot visit www.365online.com right now because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.


i tried internet explorer than and it says "this site is not secure"

so cant get in at all using chrome or internet explorer

Thanks for sharing this with us today. We're sorry to hear this. If there is an option to "reload" we would ask you to select this and hopefully it will allow you to log in. Rest assured our development team are looking into this and we will provide an update as soon as one becomes available.

Thanks,
Richard
18.01.2021 15:58 #28
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
Originally posted by bangkok
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
Originally posted by bangkok
Hi,

I cant get into 365online on my laptop, it says

[color=var(--heading-color)]This site can’t be reached[/color]

www.365online.com refused to connect.

any ideas?

We're sorry to hear this Bangkok,

Can we ask you to try log in here to see if you receive the same error message?

Can we also ask you to see if this works on a different browser?

Thanks,
Richard

when i clicked on that link you sent i get this..

[color=var(--heading-color)]Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.365online.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
[color=var(--error-code-color)]NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED[/color][/color]
Reload
Hide advanced
www.365online.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to www.365online.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.365online.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.
You cannot visit www.365online.com right now because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.


i tried internet explorer than and it says "this site is not secure"

so cant get in at all using chrome or internet explorer

Thanks for sharing this with us today. We're sorry to hear this. If there is an option to "reload" we would ask you to select this and hopefully it will allow you to log in. Rest assured our development team are looking into this and we will provide an update as soon as one becomes available.

Thanks,
Richard

yea tried everything, reload, advanced etc etc, in chrome, internet explorer, no joy
18.01.2021 23:49 #29
Given that the mobile app is plagued with bugs where it doesn't recognise pin entry, or crashes during validation, or fails to complete a login, or sends a text after a login that says you're about to be locked out, why would anyone risk switching to the new website which requires two factor authentication in the app?

And what use is two factor authentication when the authentication is a swipe? Why isn't it biometric?
1 thank
18.01.2021 23:51 #30
Originally posted by bangkok
when i clicked on that link you sent i get this..

[color=var(--heading-color)]Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.365online.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
[color=var(--error-code-color)]NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED[/color][/color]
Reload
Hide advanced
www.365online.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to www.365online.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.365online.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.
You cannot visit www.365online.com right now because its certificate has been revoked. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.


i tried internet explorer than and it says "this site is not secure"

so cant get in at all using chrome or internet explorer


Quality work there. Can't even maintain a security certificate.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion