Bank of Ireland Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
76%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

New 365 online website

15.01.2021 11:39 #1
Hi, I have just used the new 365 online website and really don't like it. The previous version was much better. It now takes several clicks to see details of all of my accounts where the previous version showed everything on a single screen.

When clicking on items, the delay in screen refresh is really noticeable.

If I wanted to see latest transactions for my accounts, I would just click the + icon and see the information. Now I have to click around several times to see the information.

I also like how the transfer funds/pay a bill option was at the top of the main view in the old version. 

Before, once I logged in, I could pay something from the main screen. Now I have to:

Payments --> Send Money or Pay a bill --> Select account

Whereas before, I just did this via the Quick Transfer.

I understand that you needed to upgrade for 2FA authentication but you should have left the feature set and navigation the same.

It's my opinion that you have taken a very good web application and made it really bad.
13 thanks
15.01.2021 11:45 #2
Agree entirely with this. Sacrificed so much functionality and ease of use just to try and make it more "modern". 
8 thanks
15.01.2021 11:50 #3
Registered User
I just logged into Boards to say the same thing. Just tried using the website and found it very clunky. Having to go into a separate screen to make payments and also needing to have my phone open beside me to approve the payment. Notifications weren't being received by my phone so I had to keep going to the log-in screen of my app to approve the payment. 
3 thanks
15.01.2021 12:00 #4
Originally posted by terenurebob
Hi, I have just used the new 365 online website and really don't like it. The previous version was much better. It now takes several clicks to see details of all of my accounts where the previous version showed everything on a single screen.

When clicking on items, the delay in screen refresh is really noticeable.

If I wanted to see latest transactions for my accounts, I would just click the + icon and see the information. Now I have to click around several times to see the information.

I also like how the transfer funds/pay a bill option was at the top of the main view in the old version. 

Before, once I logged in, I could pay something from the main screen. Now I have to:

Payments --> Send Money or Pay a bill --> Select account

Whereas before, I just did this via the Quick Transfer.

I understand that you needed to upgrade for 2FA authentication but you should have left the feature set and navigation the same.

It's my opinion that you have taken a very good web application and made it really bad.

Hi terenurebob

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience of the new site. 

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the new layout. We have changed this to align the customer view on both the full website and the App.

We very much appreciate your feedback today and will ensure your comments and concerns are passed to our Online Development Team.

Thanks again for posting ,

Alison
1 thank
15.01.2021 12:21 #5
Ya, it's a tad bizarre that it somehow has a slow login. I would say there's more pressing issues than updating the UI. Eg things like deposit account statements aren't available online, a physical copy needs to be ordered. Added security is good but the overall features are very poor.
2 thanks
15.01.2021 13:25 #6
Hi All, 

Thanks for joining the thread. 

Thanks so much for the feedback on the new site. Just a reminder that the phone is needed for PSD2 requirements. We will be passing on your experiences to our Online Development Team. 

Many thanks
Alison
15.01.2021 13:33 #7
Registered User
I take a more nuanced view on this tbh, working in web development world. People despise change, any change even the slightest change.
Just logged in to the site to see what its like solely based on this thread. I had not known it was changing today.

Its clear, Its well laid out, Its far less busy. Navigation is across the top.

Frankly and no offense to anyone here , but you'd want to be a bit slow not to be able to navigate the new site.

The old one was too busy, tiny writing, It looked its age and tbh it was simply not user friendly. I knew my way around purely because i was used to it over time. Crap experience.

Decent effort by your team.
2 thanks
15.01.2021 13:45 #8
Can you please indicate a timeframe for the introduction the of physical security device for customers who do not have access the the BOI App?  Also, will online banking continue to be available to customers without the App until such time as the physical security device has been made available?
15.01.2021 14:25 #9
Originally posted by listermint
I take a more nuanced view on this tbh, working in web development world. People despise change, any change even the slightest change.
Just logged in to the site to see what its like solely based on this thread. I had not known it was changing today.

Its clear, Its well laid out, Its far less busy. Navigation is across the top.

Frankly and no offense to anyone here , but you'd want to be a bit slow not to be able to navigate the new site.

The old one was too busy, tiny writing, It looked its age and tbh it was simply not user friendly. I knew my way around purely because i was used to it over time. Crap experience.

Decent effort by your team.

Thank Listermint for joining the thread. 

We're delighted to hear you're liking the new layout on the site and finding it easy to navigate. 

Thanks for taking the time to share this with today, we'll certainly pass this onto the Online Team. 

Alison
15.01.2021 14:34 #10
Originally posted by Maidhci
Can you please indicate a timeframe for the introduction the of physical security device for customers who do not have access the the BOI App?  Also, will online banking continue to be available to customers without the App until such time as the physical security device has been made available?

Hi Maidhci

Thanks for joining the thread. 

We have answered some queries relating to this here 

Please be assured, we will be in touch with customers prior to the further changes to the site. 

Many thanks
Alison
1 thank
15.01.2021 14:34 #11
Originally posted by listermint
I take a more nuanced view on this tbh, working in web development world. People despise change, any change even the slightest change.
Just logged in to the site to see what its like solely based on this thread. I had not known it was changing today.

Its clear, Its well laid out, Its far less busy. Navigation is across the top.

Frankly and no offense to anyone here , but you'd want to be a bit slow not to be able to navigate the new site.

The old one was too busy, tiny writing, It looked its age and tbh it was simply not user friendly. I knew my way around purely because i was used to it over time. Crap experience.

Decent effort by your team.

I am not saying it doesn't look nice. I'm saying it now takes 4 clicks now to do what used to take 1 click. UX has degraded in my opinion. As a web app dev for the last 20 years, I know how important UX and responsive pages are.

The old site looked old for sure and needed an upgrade. The issue I have is that features were left out of the redesign.
7 thanks
16.01.2021 12:13 #12
Do Not Be Afraid.....
I’ve been using the new App since it’s launch and love that all my User IDs (I have several business and personal accounts) are accessible with a single click.

Desktop version I still have to input my User ID - why hasn’t this progressed?

Why do I need to have my App open to access the desktop version, yet I can access the App without any further verification?

In short, App better, Desktop still needs work.
2 thanks
16.01.2021 12:26 #13
Originally posted by Gloomtastic!
I’ve been using the new App since it’s launch and love that all my User IDs (I  have several business and personal accounts) are accessible with a single click.

Desktop version I still have to input my User ID - why hasn’t this progressed?

Why do I need to have my App open to access the desktop version, yet I can access the App without any further verification?

In short, App better, Desktop still needs work.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am delighted to hear you are happy with the new app. To comply with European regulations, you will need an extra form of identification when using online banking. This is called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA).

SCA links your smartphone to your online banking access. When you attempt to log in through the website, you will receive a push notification to your phone to approve access. This is an added layer of security.

I hope this information helps and clarifies!

Have a nice day and take care.

Many thanks,
Megan
17.01.2021 11:23 #14
Why do I need two devices when using my laptop/desktop to log in (the laptop and another security device)? and not when using just my mobile?. Surely there is more risk of my mobile being lost or stolen and then used to log in to my account than having my laptop/desktop stolen and the same thing happening. If you say SCA is needed then surely it is needed for the most vulnerable of devices? And what happens if I am using my laptop/desktop because my mobile is out of charge or not working for some reason? I can't then use the verification process that goes to my mobile.
Last edited by joeirish: 17.01.2021 at 11:28.
7 thanks
17.01.2021 13:48 #15
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience of the new site. 

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the new layout. We have changed this to align the customer view on both the full website and the App.

We very much appreciate your feedback today and will ensure your comments and concerns are passed to our Online Development Team.

Thanks again for posting ,

Alison

Are BOI aware that the App is ****? That it has a rating lower than 2 stars? That customers hate it?

Or is there some desperate manager responsible for the 1bn+ spend cheerleeding for it with a megaphone to avoid getting sacked?
6 thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion