Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

Delays with bills being issued

21.12.2020 17:32 #1
Hi, just wondering is there a delay in iss bills. My online account initially said bill will be issued on the 14th December, now its saying will be issued shortly, it's definitely later than normal, went on chat to be told Bill is being generated currently, this is well over a week later than normal.
21.12.2020 17:35 #2
Verified representative
Hi Dempo1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There does appear to be a delay for the billing in your locality. It can happen on occasion.

It may be because of COVID-19 restrictions causing a back-log in this case.

If you require a payment plan, do get in touch with us by private message here when you receive the bill (in the message, confirm the Electric Ireland account number, name, address, telephone number on the account, and state that you are the account-holder).

Kind regards,
Una
21.12.2020 17:37 #3
Originally posted by Electric Ireland: Una
Hi Dempo1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There does appear to be a delay for the billing in your locality. It can happen on occasion.

It may be because of COVID-19 restrictions causing a back-log in this case.

If you require a payment plan, do get in touch with us by private message here when you receive the bill (in the message, confirm the Electric Ireland account number, name, address, telephone number on the account, and state that you are the account-holder).

Kind regards,
Una

Thanks Una, when you say area, I'm referring to my online account? I'm in Laois, I don't get paper bills. I'm just hoping to get bill and pay it before Christmas
21.12.2020 17:40 #4
Verified representative
Hi Dempo1,

It relates to the meters being read or estimates calculated, rather than the posting of bills.

ESB Networks read the meters or calculate estimates, and send either to the billing companies.

You should be receiving your bill shortly if the system shows it is processing.

Kind regards,
Una
21.12.2020 17:41 #5
Originally posted by Electric Ireland: Una
Hi Dempo1,

It relates to the meters being read or estimates calculated, rather than the posting of bills.

ESB Networks read the meters or calculate estimates, and send either to the billing companies.

You should be receiving your bill shortly if the system shows it is processing.

Kind regards,
Una

Ah, I see, thanks Una and happy Christmas :)
1 thank
21.12.2020 17:43 #6
Verified representative
You are very welcome Dempo1 - and same to you, many thanks!

Kind regards,
Una
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list